lo206

Sorry the LO206 sounds like $hit too haha. KT and the 206 are in the same boat there, both are an assault on the eardrums and slowwwwwwww.

I think it's misleading to say that the 206 and KT are on par when it comes to potential reliability. Yeah it "might" be, but in all reality the KT is going to be more sensitive to carburation and lets be honest here, its going to be easier to stick than an LO206.

If its a toss up between a brand new KT100 at 2K+ or an LO206, then its a no brainer: LO206. Supercan KT100 is possibly the worst POS you could buy for that money. At that price I'd rather drive my VR-98 rotary on my own and keep throwing parts at it haha.

I think used KT vs new LO is probably a closer comparison for what trigun is asking here.

You will never stick a LO 206!
Unless you forget to put oil in it.

Sorry the LO206 sounds like $hit too haha. KT and the 206 are in the same boat there, both are an assault on the eardrums and slowwwwwwww.

How do you qualify this statement?

DK

Qualified with his ears I suppose, Don. LOL

Can't say I'm a fan of hearing the rev limiter bumped. Wait 'til you hear an LO206Jr on a kid kart that's on the 4100 rev limiter before the kart hits the racing surface. :) 2 years of popcorn popper sound in my ears. Ha-ha. It's music to my ears though when it drives right by a $2000+ Comer 50 2 cycle engine.

CarlsonMotorsports nailed it. It's just subjective Don J, an opinion. Some people love that kind of "farty" OHV sound, I'm not a big fan. Some people like light beer, I'd rather drink water.
On the KT it's prettymuch the slowest 100cc kart motor around with the crappiest of tolerances. Add that noise of the horrid can and its just aweful, thing makes a racket an barely gets out of its own way. It's hard to like something like a KT 100 when you start off with rotary motors pulling 19-22K.
I'm not denying the KT's popularity, thats obvious, but that doesnt mean I have to like it :)

I and my two brothers are STRONGLY considering buying ourselves LO206's and STARTING a 206 program at our track, everyone is scared of going to 206's because of the short term imediate wallet mentality. And they wont switch over because everyone is so hesitant to start it, You just need to jump into it, and if youre the only one at your track with a 206, ask to turn laps with everyone else in practice or run with them but not be scored and convince these other guys to go to the 206, the lo206 truly is, hands down, the best thing goin! :)

I agree with GB54. I jumped in and have had no regrets. I spent too much trying to keep an outdated kart competitive in the clone class, which I thought would be a good place to start. We added a couple of racers during the late stage of the season and I know of 1 more joining us next summer. I ran with the opens on occasion and when the track went dry/slick had a blast. They seemed a little overpowered for the 1/6 mile track we ran and had trouble with bite. I feared being a road hazard but didn't get lapped.
I'm staying put and know as people see the value and low cost of keeping it running, the numbers will grow.

I agree with GB54. I jumped in and have had no regrets. I spent too much trying to keep an outdated kart competitive in the clone class, which I thought would be a good place to start. We added a couple of racers during the late stage of the season and I know of 1 more joining us next summer. I ran with the opens on occasion and when the track went dry/slick had a blast. They seemed a little overpowered for the 1/6 mile track we ran and had trouble with bite. I feared being a road hazard but didn't get lapped.
I'm staying put and know as people see the value and low cost of keeping it running, the numbers will grow.

Blue , are you going to run Baer Field next season with the 206 ?

Jmo....LO206 is the way to go...ive had mine for 3 years and the only thing we have done to it is check valve lash. other than that we change oil every other race and run straight gas (no ethonal) and that puppy still goes like a raped ape turning only like 5500 rpm.

Jim,

If you drove a 100cc air cooled rotary direct drive with a Vevey pipe, you would never want to drive anything else ;)

But those days are gone. I, like the rest of the few with 30 plus years of karting background, are relegated to running whatever classes the local tracks put into their daily program.

My sons JR LO-206 has been the easiest engine to operate in my entire life. I can't wait to pop a 6100 rpm coil on it, change the slide, and race it myself next season.

Agree on the rotary direct drives. I loved my reed direct drives and had tried some rotaries too back in Europe during my FIA/CIK racing days, but I recently bought an old air cooled rotary for $300 w/o carb and my surprise when opened it was it hasn´t been barely run. Once I set a carb and went back to open practice with a DD I would quit any racing for this, and so far it keeps together as long as I don´t go much over 17,000 rpms. Only issue is starting this beast with that huge compression. A 4 wheeler helped a lot at VIR. Point is everytime I runn this I leave track with a huge smile on my face.

Dan ,We hope to bring our 3 206 team Bear Field more next summer. Had a great time racing with you guya at Lil E last summer and look forward to adding more 206's next year. Ron

Mutual Ron. I know it's a haul for you folks but look forward to racing you guys at Baer Field. I will be at Lil E whenever they open up.
On a side bar, last summer was so fun because the motors didn't come into play. It boiled down to driver, gear, tires, set-up. I felt like I learned more about racing overall last year than in my previous three. Thanks for your help. It was invaluable.
Is it April yet???

Dan

These previous 2 posts are EXACTLY why the LO206 is needed. We've all been missing the "fun" in racing for far too long!
You guys are a great bunch of racers!
I'd much rather sell a racer something he "wants" (new tires, new body, etc) than tell him his whole racing budget is shot in something he "needs" (engine rebuilds and updates all the time!)

These previous 2 posts are EXACTLY why the LO206 is needed. We've all been missing the "fun" in racing for far too long!
You guys are a great bunch of racers!
I'd much rather sell a racer something he "wants" (new tires, new body, etc) than tell him his whole racing budget is shot in something he "needs" (engine rebuilds and updates all the time!)
I bought my 206 from your shop. Best purchase I ever made from a karting stand point! Thanks for the help and service.

I will definitely be running my 206 at Baer Field next season. Hope to see more racers with 206 motors.
Did you sell your 206??

Dan

No Dan , I still got it ! I know if I sell it , then the class size will grow and I'll end up kicking myself in the butt for it . We'll see how thing go locally here , a few trips up to race with you can be very likely !!

No Dan , I still got it ! I know if I sell it , then the class size will grow and I'll end up kicking myself in the butt for it . We'll see how thing go locally here , a few trips up to race with you can be very likely !!
Very cool! What is a trip to lil E like for you?

only problem that i have had with my 206 was when we fired it up this last spring the thing immediately hit the rev limiter. So just make sure the carb doesn't dry out and get stuck so don't leave the gas in the bowl

Back