Most effective way to smooth out a track?

I've wondered what a vegetable oil mixed in with the clay would produce...wouldn't evaporate like water. Don't know what the results would be after a light misting rain though...might not get the track back....or perhaps it would just bead up and roll off... Maybe I'll mix some up this weekend and see what I get.
Soap

We have a small dirt oval in Southern Kansas. I built the track with a 4 wheeler, a spike harrow, a box blade I made out of wood 2x4's and 2x6's. We also weigh it down. We have occasionally used a steel drag, but not any more. Now we mainly use the wood box blade and drag tires. We took 5 large truck tires. Lay flat on ground, hooked them all together. Layer 2, then 3 behind them. Pull them with a chain hook to each of the front set of tires. You want the track to be slightly damp or dry. We also used the Racing Promoters advice, and bought some caucium flakes and added to our water. Doing that has changed our track tremendously!! Not near the dust and really hardens our track surface. And using the tires has made it extra nice and very smooth!

Back