my kid is 13 is it fair

no i think its a bad idea parents will not like their kid getting dumped by a grown up then there is arguing then punches thrown bad idea u have those parents at every track that thinks their son is the next jeff gordan so nobody should put a bumper on their retirement plan
This is a direct hit on the bullseye!
If the parent thinks his kid is the next Jeff Gordan, then take him to a car track and let him try out, before the promoter and various drivers.
It they decide to let him in their series, then fine, it's their situation completely.
At the kart track, he races by kart rules. No exceptions.

My son started jr. classes at age 7 and started running adult classes part time at 14 and full time at 15 winning two track champions, clone lite and medium. Before he started running with adults the track promotor kew he could handle himself moving up.Some didn't like it cause he was winning but that has to go with kart set-up also.If a young driver proves him/herself they can handle the move up I have no problem with that, it's the parents a lot of the time that want there kid to drive with the big boys . Not all young drivers are ready to move up at a certain age it has a lot to do with experience.

My son started jr. classes at age 7 and started running adult classes part time at 14 and full time at 15 winning two track champions, clone lite and medium. Before he started running with adults the track promotor kew he could handle himself moving up.Some didn't like it cause he was winning but that has to go with kart set-up also.If a young driver proves him/herself they can handle the move up I have no problem with that, it's the parents a lot of the time that want there kid to drive with the big boys . Not all young drivers are ready to move up at a certain age it has a lot to do with experience.

I among others here don't disagree that there are some younger racers out there that can handle themselves on the track but its not about that.... its about the "RULES"

My son is 5 and has went out on play days with some of us adults on the backyard tracks. And we showed hhim how to pass and how to get passed. And we were extremely careful as we could have hurt him pretty easy. And it helped him a lot. And he's had to race jr1 at a few tracks cuz they don't have a rookie class. And I'm OK with it as long as everybody is safe. I'm completely comfortable with my son in his kart. He has all the safety equipment a kid could d ever need. If the other kids start getting rough then I pukk him off and there has been a time where he pulled off and said those kids are just to rough for me. And I thought that took a great amount of courage. To face me, because as kids they don't want to let us down or feel they have. But I took that as a sign thst my son knows who he can run with and who he can't. We just got back from a thanksgiving race. And my son knew after the first race he wasn't prepared enough to race the other kids who were 7 and 9. And I told him then just stay in the back and have fun. And that's basically what he did. I agree rules are rules. But if my son keeps racing. And we keep investing time and money into better equipment by the time he's 13 14 15. He will have enough experience that I would have no problem with him running adult classes. So I believe it comes down to if the KIDS want to race the adults. And the tracks ok with it. Weather its signed that the track and promoter don't agree or condone it. But then the kids need to realize the older guys might not like it and be a little rougher with them. And the parents need to just sit back and shut there mouths.

It all depends on the kid. My daughter started racing karts at age 4. Has won every plate championship from purple to gold, now at age 12 she runs with adults due to no challenge in plate classes. She also races ump stock cars and runs with some of michigans best! No feature wins in the stock car but many 2nds and top five with heat race wins and over 70 karting feature wins. Not all kids are at this level and we by far are not a big money team. But some kids really have what it takes only scary part like I seen above is the weights. I don't like the safety risk of the heavy kart to make weight. But it is a risk we take knowing what may happen. If the track owner is ok with it I'm for it on a local level. At big events though we run with the highest age group allowed.

Back