mycron 5 ???

saw it on one website before when i was looking but when i went there i couldnt read anything on the site......

Its on the German web site. Click on the British flag and you get it in English.

Google Mychron 5 and click on the de site.

I was just at AIM last week. I think they said in May.
I also want to add they by far have the best customer service

For the price you get a built in GPS. Still need to specify 2T.

Bigger screen, which I believe can be configured to display what you want.

John

At that price, ill stick with the Mychron 4.....dont need the extra GPS feature, wifi, or a graph to look at while I'm racing lol. The automatic lap times and everything else seemed nice though, but they are really just a luxury and not needed when the Mychron 4 works just fine and has graphs too. But you know how it is with new products, everyone thinks they need one lol

At that price, ill stick with the Mychron 4.....dont need the extra GPS feature, wifi, or a graph to look at while I'm racing lol. The automatic lap times and everything else seemed nice though, but they are really just a luxury and not needed when the Mychron 4 works just fine and has graphs too. But you know how it is with new products, everyone thinks they need one lol
True that.......

Your average local dirt track racer would get no more use out of a mychron 5 than they would a mychron 3. Now an advanced user that knows how to download data would benefit from the gps data and the lateral g sensor. With the predictive timing with the gps you can instantly see how your corner speed every lap compares to your best lap. The lateral g sensor will tell you how much side bite you have. The gps will also show if gear changes resulted in more acceleration and/or more top speed. Obviously these features are for more advanced users. With his quickly the track changes on dirt it makes it much harder to determine whether changes are for the better. This is why these units will likely be much more popular in asphalt racing, specifically road course.

A lot of people said the same thing about the Mychron 4 when it first came out, now almost everyone has one. The same thing will happen with the Mychron 5 after a little while.

A lot of people like to doodle with the kind of things the new Mychron will allow them to. Just because someone may not need them doesn't mean it will overcome their simple desire to have one. If the 5 is not something you would not care for, then so be it. Others may and will simply want it. That's something they will decide based on their own, not because of why someone may think they are not necessary.

At that price it'll be worth the advantage I will gain over you at the track easier and will allow me more options in my program. I said the same as you when each new version came out, but when the tokens were there I made the progression and it made me that more efficient. Say what you want it's worth it to me, I already have uses for it that will help me.

Back