New rules TTT , Ducar only no HF predators

I’d like to stay on topic and not spiral off topic.

But !

FH was simple 1 motor, 1 rule book, open tires most places, very similar classes that allowed easy traveling.

There’s def a class issue motor rule issue and every track has their own thing which makes it tougher on teams. That goes WAY above local racing, but no ones on the same page.

Used to run local shows w B mains and cuts at times , now it’s 3-6 kart fields and you know who’s gonna win and they pay back 1 spot maybe 2.

It really has to do with everyone wanting a class for themselves. But over the years it’s been going on so long it would be such a shock to the sport to go to one motor. That being said these builders have gone to hell with prices for s basic OHV power plant. FH was more technical I feel.

Now we’re completely off topic lol 😂

hate to disagree, back in the 90s when the hot ticket was a builder prepared flathead and no alternative budget class, the kart counts were way higher. now there are too many classes with 5-6 karts. used to be Saturday nights were 15-20 each class all the time. but looks like what was turning out to be the growing class will run the typical course.
Disagree all you want but the fact that this class has gotten big around here because a good number are newbies wanting to try racing. Its not perfect around here either, I see people putting their toes in the karting water and quickly quitting because the class has been invaded by serious karters who decide what the hell, we will do that too and thay kick everyones butt. Add the price of a rototiller motor that has been modified at a high cost and you kill the entry level guys. Its go big or go home, exactly what the beginner doesnt want.

I like the rule change myself, never been a fan of HF motors I always felt a good purpose built stock motor like the animal M motor, or the tilotson motors would be a nice addition.

Yet keeping up with the demand of them is key.

I also think clones should be allows stock std length rods but ARC so we can cut down on the wear and tear the crank/rod go through. Then we would have replaceable bearings/bushings.

I like the rule change myself, never been a fan of HF motors I always felt a good purpose built stock motor like the animal M motor, or the tilotson motors would be a nice addition.

Yet keeping up with the demand of them is key.

I also think clones should be allows stock std length rods but ARC so we can cut down on the wear and tear the crank/rod go through. Then we would have replaceable bearings/bushings.
Then maybe you need to be racing clone, and not the HF engines?
All those rules do is increase cost, can tell you wasn't around to see history repeat itself

Then maybe you need to be racing clone, and not the HF engines?
All those rules do is increase cost, can tell you wasn't around to see history repeat itself
Been around it since 1999 , try again?

So you mean to tell me a ARC that’s serviceable is more expensive then a builder throwing the crankshaft and rod away each rebuild.

I did step out of the sport while everything went wild with animal, clone, hf predator, ducar, tiloston, lo206, did I miss any?

I raced FH and that was all we had it was so simple then.

Been around it since 1999 , try again?

So you mean to tell me a ARC that’s serviceable is more expensive then a builder throwing the crankshaft and rod away each rebuild.

I did step out of the sport while everything went wild with animal, clone, hf predator, ducar, tiloston, lo206, did I miss any?

I raced FH and that was all we had it was so simple then.
No need for any serviceable parts, race it a season, put it on a tiller, and go buy another for $150.00, no builder needed
No, an out of the box clone that no one touches is cheaper, just as the way the clone got started.
I've been in since 98 and haven't left, not "around"it.
The HF engine doesn't need national rules, each track or groups of tracks need to do what suits their racers.
The rules you posted do nothing but increase cost, and make yet another blueprinted class, that in the end will have the same price as the clones now

No need for any serviceable parts, race it a season, put it on a tiller, and go buy another for $150.00, no builder needed
No, an out of the box clone that no one touches is cheaper, just as the way the clone got started.
The HF engine doesn't need national rules, each track or groups of tracks need to do what suits their racers.
The rules you posted do nothing but increase cost, and make yet another blueprinted class, that in the end will have the same price as the clones now
That track has removed the predator, replaced it with another box stock motor. LoL not enough Gardens out there to till to 1 year pitch em.

Clone akra, nka blue printed motors run a arc rod I think that sensible, they ain’t cheap now ! What’s another 80$

A box stock class like HF motor or ducar or clone it doesn’t require national rules. Those are stock specs they have posted pretty sure. People just got to leave their hands out of the box stock class motors.

If they wanna go fast it’s expensive get a clone it’s that’s simple.

That track has removed the predator, replaced it with another box stock motor. LoL not enough Gardens out there to till to 1 year pitch em.

Clone akra, nka blue printed motors run a arc rod I think that sensible, they ain’t cheap now ! What’s another 80$

A box stock class like HF motor or ducar or clone it doesn’t require national rules. Those are stock specs they have posted pretty sure. People just got to leave their hands out of the box stock class motors.

If they wanna go fast it’s expensive get a clone it’s that’s simple.
People aren't gonna leave their hands out of the motors. It's not that simple. People would rather cheat up their motors to win. And with rules like these people are already gonna be inside their motors why not cheat it up. I wouldn't do that but people look at it that way. It's not as simple as you think. People are gonna keep getting inside of their motors until this class gets better rules and better tech. What is the tech like at this track?

Going to have to blueprint the motor for big bucks to make sure it fits the rules. One can spend a $100 for an engine and $400 on performance parts or $100 for an engine and $400 making sure it's within the rules.

People aren't gonna leave their hands out of the motors. It's not that simple. People would rather cheat up their motors to win. And with rules like these people are already gonna be inside their motors why not cheat it up. I wouldn't do that but people look at it that way. It's not as simple as you think. People are gonna keep getting inside of their motors until this class gets better rules and better tech. What is the tech like at this track?
Tech is track dependent on who's motor it is anyways, i see hogs all the time and because who they are they always pass, as far as times i have seen predator as fast as clone times or within a tenth or so, but they are legal at tech, you can't stop cheats because the track allows them.

Tech is track dependent on who's motor it is anyways, i see hogs all the time and because who they are they always pass, as far as times i have seen predator as fast as clone times or within a tenth or so, but they are legal at tech, you can't stop cheats because the track allows them.
You are aware a Kart in the right hands with everything right especially tires,, even with the predator engine will run with or even out run mid pack clones, you can't just compare the engines, you have to compare who's hands there in.

These arent National rules Jamie, they are for a specific series/tracks that Terry promotes.
The HF has not worked here in the Carolinas, there is no written rule with an OTB class, and the class is seriously flawed. Whether this helps or not will be determined.
The 1 part i actually do like, and believe me i HATE these motors, is that its Dyno Cams instead of HF.
IMO the problem was adding big money to the class itself, which invited the "better than average karter" to race it.

The best way to have an economy class and maintain it would be, Use OTB rules including which drivers are eligible based on experience and previous results , Track buys all the engines, Draw pills for 1st week who gets which engine, every 2 races rotate engines though the field , All engines get turned in to tech at end of race night.

I really dont understand why four strokers have these "stock" motors built for way more than I can buy a decent used KT100....and it makes twice the power, 3 moving parts, last longer, easier to tune...

I really dont understand why four strokers have these "stock" motors built for way more than I can buy a decent used KT100....and it makes twice the power, 3 moving parts, last longer, easier to tune...
because its sounds like a chainsaw?

Back