Newby to uas not karting need advice

I like being able to be "pushed." I wrap the strap but killed it on the grid, a CR250 behind me dumped the clutch and pushed me off. Was awesome, and interesting. He seen I'd killed it and told my crew member for me to sit down he'd push. He also was running the transmission obviously. Always a good thing, but under UAS sanction if you kill it on the track you're done unless it can start under it's own power.

I have a electric on board starter system under construction soon I'll be adding that feature to my kits. Little tid bit lol.

That's always good, waiting for my engine builder to find my Electric starter for my KTM. I'll be putting that in this winter.

Ok I got the motor for 100 bucks and I think I've already got the starter problem figured out and the mount now on to the body work and brakes , banshee's came with mini lite brakes installed what can I do about that like brackets,rotors ,ect .im going to use the four bolt brake hub and gear ,and an adjustable left rear cassette ,oh and one more thing any suggestions on the clutch lever?

Check Chris Seays site for his brake rotor. Both the super brake and wave super brake are good. Get the kit, comes with the entire rotor assembly, and spacer to go in you caliper. You'll need longer bolts for your caliper and rotor. Might want to check, I think the Banshee has the larger caliper, which is what you want.
As far as the clutch a shifter kart clutch perch is what most use.
I couldn't, KTM has hydraulic clutch, so I had to use my stock bike perch. Creativity and it works wonderfully.

What kind of material should I build my wedge out of ?i know I could buy a body kit from seay but the nose kinda reminds me of a u-max and I'm not a big fan (PRC all the way) no offence to those who run them just drove phantom sense 98.I like to fab stuff so I would like to build my own

1/8 HDPE should be sufficient. Built mine from 3/16 and really think it's too heavy. Pretty simple to build though.

What kind of material should I build my wedge out of ?i know I could buy a body kit from seay but the nose kinda reminds me of a u-max and I'm not a big fan (PRC all the way) no offence to those who run them just drove phantom sense 98.I like to fab stuff so I would like to build my own

Here's a tip: The Seay noses are wider than your average oval kart nose. Chris has his nose builder make them special. I want to say the difference is 2". It helps because most wedges end up being wider than the standard nose. His nose and wedge body line up better. If your wedge sides are going to cover the rear wheels then I don't see any other way to go. There might be some other wide noses available, it's just that Chris Seay's are the only ones I know about.

Ok what's a good height/ size for my side panels on my wedge ,how tall and would .070 race car plastic be good for the bodywork or should I go thicker

I would go thicker unless you use lots of aluminum bracing. I use .100 ABS racecar plastic. I believe by UAS rules on the centerline of the front axle the wedge can't be taller than 14", and the rear height has a max too, but I don't recall what it is. Most are between the drivers shoulders to drivers' top of helmet. Can't extend past rear bumper.

Squirlly that's true I really think I'm gonna like the uas , ok I'm gonna go .100 mill on the plastic and a triton nose it's the widest phantom nose out there. I've been in the shop the last two nights mocking my wedge up out of cardboard now I'm bout ready to transfer to plastic got a couple of buddies that build late model bodies and are gonna do my bends and stuff but the coolest part is I might be able to go up to jimmy Owens shop to use his sheet metal sheer to cut it . I live in newport tn so I'm not that far from his shop and our town is full of racers . And again guys thanks for the info keep it coming . I'd like to get this thing ready by feb I have a 30 min drive to dumplin valley and the first practice is in feb so I want to get some seat time before the season starts

Jawa's around 1200.00 (may need rebuilt), to around 2200.00 (rebuilt, ready to bolt to your mount).. maybe a little more, depending on supply.,

Back