opinion on engine builders

timmabear

Ive been looking around for a professional built AKRA clone engine and have found several builders. Of course most of them say the same thing. Race our engine or chase it. Just looking for actual racers opinions on differant builders. Obviously price is a factor. We will be running 1/8 mile dirt oval and a 1/4 mile dirt oval. Thanks for the imput..

Talk to them all your considering then choose whom your most comfortable with, it would be best if that would also work out to be the closest one to ya as well, as far as one having an advantage over the other performance wise there all good, If your looking at Price and Professionalism vs competitiveness alone Jerry Dover is gonna be hard to beat. There are others out there as well just do your homework.

Good Luck !!

jason brooks BRE on here very well priced good power and a stand up guy will help u out any way he can he is in maryland and im in nc and has me good power that lasts and can send motors back and have it back in no time

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to recommend JRPW. Jimmy is one of the best in the business!
Hp has been top-notch compared to other big mane builders, and you can not beat his customer service!
Answers every question you may have, and I have gotten great results despite being in multiple states over the years!
Call and talk to Jimmy, you won't regret it!!......I won't ride anything else.

Jonathan Lee

With Price being a factor look for a local builder , shipping an engine back and fourth can cost $25-$40 ea way.....

Been with Dover for 3 yrs now in my area i was the first now at the 5 tracks i run I'd say 8 out of the top 10 guys around are all running Dover motors ... Great guy to deal with ... He will answer any questions or concerns you have and is very competitively priced ... The other 2 guys here that are in the top 10 run shu but have a lot more money to toss around ... Jerry Dover get my vote... The motors ive seen from him that have been threw tec have all been at max but always legal ...

I would look into Performance Engine and Machine. Mike Dehardt and Brian Watkins are putting out some HP. PM me if you are interested.

Check out Jeff Miller Race Engines in Wytheville Va. He was mentored by National Tech man Randall Lylys. His prices are as good as anyones at $675.

Local,Dover,JFR,Fischel,Welch,ect.......If you have a "big name" close that you like go with him. All I have mentioned plus countless others are winning. And don't just look at the results from races like Daytona, most of those motors were special built for house/team karts and your motor might not receive the same "care" dur to the builder was on site whit his motor....and his name was on it. I have won pretty big races with Local builders, Big Eddie (in Tennessee), Dover. Also some builders give tire support (ie maxxis , burris, ect).

You're going figure out at some point its tires and setup,with a lot of seat time,rather than spending too much for a engine w/some big name on it, and then run in the back,that would be wasted money. Go local for a builder,its easier to find them in the pits than tring to call someone five states away.

Josh parker trinity race engines great hp and can call from track anytime. We have won at batesville indoor nationals 3 years in a row with his engines and track help. 706 483 7886

I have a carnahan, a bartlett and a home built and they all run good. The bartlett makes more power but the tires make the biggest difference. They all seem to be pretty close at the track. Just my opinion

Back