opinion on engine builders

You're going figure out at some point its tires and setup,with a lot of seat time,rather than spending too much for a engine w/some big name on it, and then run in the back,that would be wasted money. Go local for a builder,its easier to find them in the pits than tring to call someone five states away.

......x2.....

tires, 80% ,setup 15% ..motor 5%... we took a nemesis ..02 model to king of kings race ,,2 years ago,, with a mild predator,, cm2 cam ,, stock valves,, SA predator carb,, nothing special,, and finished 2nd in open class,, turning maybe 6800 rpm,, BUT it was locked down and fast.....

X2 with Grasshopper. His post concerns a Predator but his math applies to all classes.

"back in the day" when I dabbled in motor building, I can tell you I spent more time on the phone helping a new(er) customer. The conversation would go like" I put your motor on and it's a little better but doesn't have any pull out of the corner." I would then spend the next two hours coaching them on how to scale the kart and read tires, air pressures and how they affect things - everything but the motor. After a couple of rounds and maybe a visit to the track for hands on, they generally improved greatly.

If I don't hit my tires right, I know for a fact my motor will help make up for it. JRE is best thing I've ever strapped on my hip. Ask Matt Connell, He can tell ya.

Jerry was always the greatest person to us- I first dealt with him in 2003. You can't go wrong with his stuff. There are plenty of options- but I don't know if you can find anyone who has had a bad experience with Dover.

Back