Passing on one groove track

I'm not being glib, but what tracks aren't one groove ? Particularly in the southeast.
Jonesboro, Arkansas is racy. Where else ?

I usually try and bump them twice to let them know Im there. Then depends on if I have a run underneath coming out or not and if they try and block on what comes next... if youre faster you can usually push them thru the straight or turn enough to get them off their line just enough to make a clean/safe pass

I'm not being glib, but what tracks aren't one groove ? Particularly in the southeast.
Jonesboro, Arkansas is racy. Where else ?
Take a look at Millbridge. The track is plenty wide. The track is not really that big. I think it's the way it is designed. The straights are right at 40' ( one track I run is 20') and on the center of the turns are 45'. One turn looks a hair sharper than the other. One looks about like a 50' radius and the other looks around 45'. I asked someone if it had a lot of banking and they said it has some. It is a great track. Wish I was closer.

I like your explanation of how to pass KartRacing La.
Wanted to ask Paulkish. What about the second place kart being equal is faster. Didn't understand that.

that’s generally my rule and I think that goes for most…. If I can push or bump ya down the straights and push you through the corners … I’ll give ya two bumps. If by 1 lap of giving you a straight away bump and corner bump you haven’t moved , I’m politely moving you myself.
Politely... lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣

At least make an exposed RF tire mandatory so it can be used as a weapon to flip someone when they come down on you.

How about LR tire also must be exposed along with a high left side to the rear bumper to protect the driver and reduce the amount of tire tracks up left arms?

... and make the left nerf have to expose at leas 3/4s of the front of the LR tire so you can put a RF tire there and flip the outside kart if it comes down to close or put your exposed RF there in front of the outside karts LR on the straight to make them move out away from you.

The above two post would remove armor yet make it safer because the armor instead of being a weapon would be gone and replaced by respect.
It will turn a couple of weapons into ya better be careful and courteous.

Leave the RR protected because if your going to use it for a weapon your already nuff ahead or the outside kart is proly way out of their skill level or cheating anyway to pass you on the outside.

Leave the LF protected too because using it for a weapon will most likely get you out of shape too.

Expose the RF and front of the LR and a lot of the more dangerous beating and banging will go away.

Last edited:
Try for a 4th or 5th starting position.
That way if the top couple of karts don't check out by the end of the feature it will be your turn to bump to the front. ... :)
I agree. On our tracks you don't want to be on the outside front for sure. I think I went from second to fifth on the first lap. Inside is the place to be on these tracks.

Is there a method for passing on a one groove track? I know it is hard to pass someone even if you faster sometimes. I have tried putting my left front lined up to their right rear dropping back a little and get more of a run coming out of the turn. Has worked a few times. There is no passing on the outside. Just wondering how some of the rest of you do it.
If you can predict where the kart in front of you will be after trailing for a few laps you should know where they are prone to make a mistake or where the kart isn't handling. Plan the pass rather than moving all around the track, trying to cut the corner, etc. Also, the ability to pass vs. just running fast laps has a lot to do with setup and tires. Get your tires right for the worst corner and don't over drive it.

Back