Phantom chassis

I have a '13 triton and have had trouble with a push off. We run a 7th mile asphalt oval with fairly tight corners. Any suggestions on camber, caster, cross, LS, front, and stagger to run? We run yellow vegas. The chassis worked pretty good during the summer when it was hot. Now we run heats with partial sun on the track and the features when it's almost dark. The track is cold and handling has been inconsistent.

How is your Triton currently set-up? Give as much detail as possible and we will do our best to help you out. However, if the chassis was good during the summer and it's not as good since the weather has changed, you may want to take a look at your tire program.

How is your Triton currently set-up? Give as much detail as possible and we will do our best to help you out. However, if the chassis was good during the summer and it's not as good since the weather has changed, you may want to take a look at your tire program.

The tires are the same and you are not permitted to prep them. Even in the summer I've had a push center off and it's seems to get worse now that it's colder. At times, even a wheel hop. I've played with stagger, camber, and cross primarily.

62-65% cross, 59% LS, 47% front
Caster LF 6 RF 9
Camber LF +1.0 (gone as high at +1.5); RF -3.0 (gone as high as -3.5)
Stagger front 1 1/2 rear 1 1/8

Appreciate the help!

Castor blocks in the correct/factory lead (leed) positions?
I'd recommend going back to stock castor also.

Have you tried putting a lil more cross in it? I run mine at 68 cross everywhere I've been. I mainly work left side weight depending on track available grip. A lil more RF camber and less LF camber maybe too. JMO

The tires are the same and you are not permitted to prep them. Even in the summer I've had a push center off and it's seems to get worse now that it's colder. At times, even a wheel hop. I've played with stagger, camber, and cross primarily.

Caster LF 6 RF 9

Appreciate the help!

I'd possibly go up on rear stagger to help the kart turn center off. For asphalt, 6 & 9 caster sounds good but have you attempted to go lower, say 5 & 8, or 4 & 7? Also, how do you have your caster blocks set, are they both in the rear position? And lastly, do you have a thin wall axle installed?

Last edited:

Caster LF 6 RF 9

Appreciate the help!

How much rear stagger have you ran, 1 1/8 seems to low to me. What is your rear track width

What effects the kart entering the corner, front stagger or rear stagger? Say that your rear end is loose on entry, would you lower front stagger since it is an entry problem or rear stagger?

I'd possibly go up on rear stagger to help the kart turn center off. For asphalt, 6 & 9 caster sounds good but have you attempted to go lower, say 5 & 8, or 4 & 7? Also, how do you have your caster blocks set, are they both in the rear position? And lastly, do you have a thin wall axle installed?

I've tried caster at 6 and 8 and handling was worse... Have not tried 4 & 7 or 5 & 8. The LF block is in the rear position and the RF is in the front. The axle is the one that came with the elite series.

I made a stagger adjustment, have a 1 1/4 in the front and 1 5/8 in the rear, that bumped the cross to 68%. Left side stayed at 59 and front is just under 47. Camber is set at +0.5 on LF and -2.5 on RF.

What do u think about those numbers? I'm thinking cross could be a little high with that much stagger.

Castor blocks in the correct/factory lead (leed) positions?
I'd recommend going back to stock castor also.

Have you tried putting a lil more cross in it? I run mine at 68 cross everywhere I've been. I mainly work left side weight depending on track available grip. A lil more RF camber and less LF camber maybe too. JMO

LF caster in rear position and RF in forward position. Are you running asphalt? How big of a track? I made a rear stagger change and my cross is currently at 68. LS 59 and front just under 47.

I've tried caster at 6 and 8 and handling was worse... Have not tried 4 & 7 or 5 & 8. The LF block is in the rear position and the RF is in the front. The axle is the one that came with the elite series.

I made a stagger adjustment, have a 1 1/4 in the front and 1 5/8 in the rear, that bumped the cross to 68%. Left side stayed at 59 and front is just under 47. Camber is set at +0.5 on LF and -2.5 on RF.

What do u think about those numbers? I'm thinking cross could be a little high with that much stagger.

The cross should have went down some with that much of a stagger change not up. Did you change anything else

The cross should have went down some with that much of a stagger change not up. Did you change anything else

Yeah I essentially flopped the front and rear stagger. I was running more front stagger than rear. I believe for push off you can lower front stagger or increase rear stagger. I did both.

You need a thin wall axle and to run both caster blocks in the back position. I'd also run 46.5% nose, 59.5% left, 65.0% cross, 1.5" front stagger, 1.25" rear stagger, +0.25 LF camber, -3.25 RF camber, 6 & 8 caster, 39.0" rear track width.

I don’t know much about dirt racing or asphalt either, but just looking at your numbers, I see some things that appear interesting.
Could you post your corner weights? The reason I ask is my spreadsheet shows a big difference between the left and right side corner weights in the rear, but very little difference in the front. Most that I see are opposite of yours. Not saying yours are wrong, just different.
LF 22% RF 25%
LR 37% RR 16%
Could it be, that with all that weight on the LR, that’s what is causing the push?
And this is with 62% cross. The difference, in the rear, gets bigger with more cross.

You need a thin wall axle and to run both caster blocks in the back position. I'd also run 46.5% nose, 59.5% left, 65.0% cross, 1.5" front stagger, 1.25" rear stagger, +0.25 LF camber, -3.25 RF camber, 6 & 8 caster, 39.0" rear track width.

Thanks I'll implement those numbers and see how it works. I'm away on business this week and won't have a chance to put a thin wall axle in. What changes in the numbers/percentages should I make to compensate for the stiffer axle?

We have a 2011 & a 2012 Seraph Both are very fast !
We won Lite the last two weekends & 2nd in jr unres last wk & won this week.
Lots of wins , runs up front most of the time. Unless something goes wrong / Wrecks , etc. LOL .
Both on factory settings .

Back