Predator 212

Is Harbor Freight phasing out the 212 hemi? I can’t find one in a store anywhere, and checked a couple stores in Pa. And Delaware. It shows it online right now as a liquidation sale, and when you try ordering one it says it can’t ship it to my state, and replaces it with the nonhemi version. Does anyone have any more info on this, and if your track allows you to run a 212 Ducar in a predator class.

You ever shop there at all?
They have these sales all the time. Why? Well maybe people think OH MY GOD they're discontinuing the Predator engines! Sale??!!!! I'm going to go buy all they'll let me. And it works, your local stores are sold out as you stated. And you panic.

Then a few months later you're in the store again and what do you know, a wall of predator 212 engines again.

Heres the same liquidation sale ad from 2018, notice the video starts on the page that shows a 212 predator. Has there been a shortage? Maybe someone posted an older video somewhere, I'll bet you can find one that says the same thing.

How do you know they don't have any? Are you just going off the item number 60363?
What about this https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/...12-predator-at-hf-and-its-a-hemi-what.119118/

FWIW I've found that the boxes don't have carry holes anymore so you can't easily look in to see.
I was told with the new boxes whatever the picture on the outside of the box is what the engine is on the inside of the box. If you look online they actually show 2 separate part numbers now. I know previously they had 2 numbers but showed up together. When I ask at the store they make it sound like they’re not getting anymore and it was being replaced by the new slightly bigger version which is why I started the post to see if anyone else was having the same issues.

Guy at HF showed me that you have to look at the picture on the top of the box, with the blue background. Everything else on the box was the same except that pic. He opened three boxes. Two with hemi pic on top and one with straight valve on top. All three matched the pic.

Back