predator rules

I haven’t heard any other information other than from the sources down south that I work with who has informed me that is what they heard also.

Just got off the phone with Harbor freight. The harbor freight store in my area has several in stock and all of the stores in my area within a 100 mile radius has several in stock. The supply house that the harbor freight in my area receives from has over 20,000 engines in inventory When I informed them there was a shortage in some of the stores south and west United States they told me because those states are more prevailant to several people and it could very well be that some of the shelves are low on inventory. They were not able to inform me as to whether or not the engine was going to be discontinued but they hadn’t heard anything of that nature. Of course it isn’t in their best interest to inform the public of that but from the above information I gave you it sounds as if you do your shopping you will probably find one

Brian, Penns Creek, Seven Stars, and Selinsgrove all run under the same rule package.
1. Engine must be run out of box.
2. Engine: Harbor Freight Predator 212cc engines (model 60363 or 69730) ONLY.
3. Air filter and stock air box must be installed per factory.
4. The Governor MUST BE CONNECTED and OPERATIONAL.
5. Engine must pass a Governor Test on the stand if asked: 5500 rpm max.
6. Engine must have keyway as installed by factory on the flywheel.
7. Stock Flywheel ONLY.
8. Throttle Stop Screw is Non-Tech.
9. Carb is Stock as factory. NO MODIFICATIONS, Including Stock Jets.
10. You can only bolt on a chain guard. No aftermarket add ons.
11. Stock gas tank must be utilized.
12. Low oil shut off may be disconnected.
13. Recoil vents must remain unblocked - NO taping or stickers.
14. NO MACHINING OF ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.
15. CLAIMER RULE: The track has the option to claim Any motor, at any time, for any reason, at the track's discretion. Any refusal to turn over claimed motor will result in immediate disqualification from that day's event and suspension from the Predator class for the remainder of the season.
16. Anyone found illegal will be disqualified from the day's event and suspended from the class for 2 weeks on the first offense. A second offense will result in suspension from the class for the remainder of the season.
17. Fuel: 87 Octane gas only - No additives
18. Burris 33 Tires ONLY.
19. Body Kits Optional
20. Drum Shoetype clutch ONLY.
21. No points paying race pays more than $50 to win.
these are rules that are working why ruin it

Just got off the phone with Harbor freight. The harbor freight store in my area has several in stock and all of the stores in my area within a 100 mile radius has several in stock. The supply house that the harbor freight in my area receives from has over 20,000 engines in inventory When I informed them there was a shortage in some of the stores south and west United States they told me because those states are more prevailant to several people and it could very well be that some of the shelves are low on inventory. They were not able to inform me as to whether or not the engine was going to be discontinued but they hadn’t heard anything of that nature. Of course it isn’t in their best interest to inform the public of that but from the above information I gave you it sounds as if you do your shopping you will probably find one
I was able to find out the 60363 HEMI factory was down for re-tooling for about 30 days and that caused a gap in supply that's all . so don't PANIC You can order the 60363 Hemi over the phone with coupon number right now for 113.00 to your door and save the gas money you would spend going after it I know I just bought one .

Attachments

• image  60363 HEMI predator.jpg
    image 60363 HEMI predator.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
None of us will be changing rules. Our package works too. We want to keep it. Your package works. You want to keep it. There it is. Bob can pull this thread down if he wants. No big deal. We will all just have to check the rules before we leave.

The Blanket Hill rules are a mess for the rookie kids. Must be stock, but use a weenie pipe and you can remove the governor, no tire prep (LOL) with a green plate. Then every other class at the track is Clone. WTH not just run a red or green plate clone instead of predator

The Blanket Hill rules are a mess for the rookie kids. Must be stock, but use a weenie pipe and you can remove the governor, no tire prep (LOL) with a green plate. Then every other class at the track is Clone. WTH not just run a red or green plate clone instead of predator
That's because NO one involved there now getting it up and going knows ANYTHING about Karts, and will not listen to the ones trying to help that do.

Is the Blanket hill rookie class RUSH?

or did they too fall away from RUSH?

Is Carl Bowser involved there as I remember reading rumors?
Carl's level headed.

Is the Blanket hill rookie class RUSH?

or did they too fall away from RUSH?
Paul I think it's for just Blanket hill classes, I had a phone call from someone not directly connected trying to help them out with classes and details that was feeling the frustration.

It is just for the Blanket Hill class. It is a first year rookie class that they didn't intend to run but was talked into by a few people. The Rush classes are separate.

They have the right number of classes, but right now, you start with a predator with rules that aren't a perfect fit anywhere else, then if your kid like it, you immediately have to sell and get a clone. It was just my opinion that going all clone just sets you up to move classes easier. And that doesn't touch on the unenforceable no prep rule.

PS, I assume Carl may be helping as Terry Bowser did a bunch of work for them this past weekend.

Their classes may not be ideal but they wanted to get a solid start for this season and build from there. They wanted to limit the classes for this year as they are new to karts and promoting. Getting the show over at a decent hour is a priority and classes can always be adjusted.
https://www.blankethillspeedway.com/kart-information
Ideal should be a no brainer, you run what tracks surrounding you are offering and drawing the best, and go with it.

They have the right number of classes, but right now, you start with a predator with rules that aren't a perfect fit anywhere else, then if your kid like it, you immediately have to sell and get a clone. It was just my opinion that going all clone just sets you up to move classes easier. And that doesn't touch on the unenforceable no prep rule.

PS, I assume Carl may be helping as Terry Bowser did a bunch of work for them this past weekend.
To get started it is cheaper to buy a predator. If they don't like it and quit they can put it on a yard kart tiller or what have you, or sell it and they are only out 130 bucks on the motor. Clone stuff is double that or more used. No comment on prep rule been beat to death on here

To get started it is cheaper to buy a predator. If they don't like it and quit they can put it on a yard kart tiller or what have you, or sell it and they are only out 130 bucks on the motor. Clone stuff is double that or more used. No comment on prep rule been beat to death on here
A stock predator correct, I think his point was since your going to mess with them, and every other class is clone so why not just go clone.

It was talked about letting in an aftermarket air filter.... the track dust was killing good motors with that factory filter... not sure if that is gonna go through or not tho... I’ll talk to Dave and see what’s up.
have them water the track the stock filter is just fine I ran all 3 of mine all year with no problem . Ket's quit trying to find reasons to ruin the predator class . It has become the biggest class out there no changes needed

I guess my question is why are those rules the only way to go. don't forget we get high counts out here too with the governor out. We cant assume one set is better than another because it is our opinion. Lets sit down and talk about it. here everyone out. I can argue all day why some rules are better than others. THAT GETS US NOWHERE. I guarantee not one owner past state college will come to this meeting. And I could have it on your racetrack.
just let them do what ever they want let this in,, let that in and pretty soon it's another 1000 dollar engine class just like the clone classes 7 stars ,, Selinsgrove,, and Penns Creek rules are working out just fine .

Back