Prepping used White Vegas

bullerman

Going to get some used White Vegas ready. They have been used but are in great shape. Plenty of tread and edges are good. Got them from a friend of mine. They used Krug prep. The tires were rolled with 60cc internal and Krug was used at the track.
I have built me a internal roller and a tire sander. I don't have a hot box
Was thinking to reroll them with at least 60cc of the Krug. Then sand them to hopefully a good finish. Then comes the part I don't really know what to do. I have a friend that always runs good. He says he puts straight Krug on twice a day every other day before the race. At the track he puts on a coat to run hot laps. Then after hot laps he washes, dries the tires and puts on another coat. Before the race.
Have another friend that uses Surefire along the the Krug. I just need to do better with tires. Any suggestions of what to do.

I would suggest using half as much (of the same internal that was used previously.) There is still chemical left in the tires from internal...Re-rolling will reactivate that remaining chemical and add to. If you re-roll the same amount, you could end up with a very heavy, prep-laden, tire that'll never be fast.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

yellow will out run a maxxis at those tracks. Battle Creek not sure yet till we get laps on it but forsure bjs. Acadiana I ran whites and was dominate with my jr driver.
yep, you run jr classes, but we proved more than once that we were much better on a maxxis than them vegas, we would maybe be on a vega in UAS just because of the stiff sidewall, we won races on pink and blues at BJs and thats all we ran at Acadiana

Acadiana will chew a vega off
yep, you run jr classes, but we proved more than once that we were much better on a maxxis than them vegas, we would maybe be on a vega in UAS just because of the stiff sidewall, we won races on pink and blues at BJs and thats all we ran at Acadiana
acadiana would chew a vega off depending on time of year and which owner had it. I’ve had numerous wins on Vegas in adults at bjs and old lil dega. I have a drive across all classes from stockers to opens, now bjs with new dirt I see maxxis finally doing good but majority of all wins there have been on yellow vegas

Acadiana will chew a vega off

acadiana would chew a vega off depending on time of year and which owner had it. I’ve had numerous wins on Vegas in adults at bjs and old lil dega. I have a drive across all classes from stockers to opens, now bjs with new dirt I see maxxis finally doing good but majority of all wins there have been on yellow vegas
Dont want to sound rude, but them on vegas dont have a good enough handling kart to run on pink and blues, thats why they on vegas, makes the kart feel better, but maxxis is much faster if you get the tires and kart right.

Dont want to sound rude, but them on vegas dont have a good enough handling kart to run on pink and blues, thats why they on vegas, makes the kart feel better, but maxxis is much faster if you get the tires and kart right.
You’re not being rude. We did a test couple years ago, sold a kart to a friend and brought to bjs. Threw it together and didn’t scale it, took set of maxxis punching 60 that was an older tire. Got them down to the 30s and ran 2nd to our other kart on new vegas. But ever since then hard to make a maxxis work, now with the new dirt be different. I’ll stand to Vegas is usually faster than a maxxis at bjs in the past.

Back