Prototype dynomometer

Anytime familiar with the prototype dynamometers? I just picked one up and was wandering about the sprockets and if it matters what size you use on them and if anyone knows of any software that would work good on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-194324.png
    Screenshot_20201123-194324.png
    681.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20201123-194330.png
    Screenshot_20201123-194330.png
    737 KB · Views: 108
Software will require a complete rehash . With sensors .
There are some formulas for calculations with flow and pressure .

Software will require a complete rehash . With sensors .
There are some formulas for calculations with flow and pressure .
Ya, I have a calculation sheet that came with it but would be nice to have the software and sensors. Should only need 4 sensors I think. One for pressure, one for flow, one for rpm, and one for air fuel.

You might look at a data q box . There is software that goes with it .
I'm sure it's not 100% plug and play .
Performance trends has that but for a price .
Contact hewitt he may have something.

I have dyno software for a water/oil break unit. You have to put the numbers in manually, torque@RPM, but it will calculate a correction factor for barometric pressure and temperature as you put in the numbers. It gives you a graph showing the tour curve and HP curve at the given RPM.

Without a correction factor, the curse are useless. You need to know the temperature and barometric pressure. You can buy those gauges anywhere.

Contact me for price and deliery.
alvinnunley@gmail.com
512 630 6215

Attachments

• dyno run  david 5 6 20.jpg
    dyno run david 5 6 20.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 31
I have dyno software for a water/oil break unit. You have to put the numbers in manually, torque@RPM, but it will calculate a correction factor for barometric pressure and temperature as you put in the numbers. It gives you a graph showing the tour curve and HP curve at the given RPM.

Without a correction factor, the curse are useless. You need to know the temperature and barometric pressure. You can buy those gauges anywhere.

Contact me for price and deliery.
alvinnunley@gmail.com
512 630 6215
How do you calculate the torque? I only have the hp formula in my info.

Obviously you don't calculate the torque, you measure it. Maybe I should find a better label for my software. When you calculate horsepower do you use the correction factors?
I just got the dyno and am trying to learn how to use it. What are correction factors? Altitude and barometric pressure?

I just got the dyno and am trying to learn how to use it. What are correction factors? Altitude and barometric pressure?
Temperature and barometric pressure. For me, not being a mathematician, it was tough figuring it out. I got it off the web. Comparing this week's dyno run with last week's dyno run is worthless without a correction factor. You'd be amazed how much the air density can change from late afternoon to early evening. I'm pretty sure you can look it up in Wikipedia.

If you have formula's to calculate hp . You may need to do a reverse of the hp calculations that derive hp from torque .
Some one good with algebra , not me!
RPM x torque / 5252.1 = HP No algebra involved. LOL

Raise 550 pounds, 1 foot in one x 60 seconds = 33,000 pounds feet. Divide by 2 pi = 5252.1 there are 2 pi radians in a circle.

So with the correction calculator I found online I came up with 9.3 hp and 10.62lbft on Hemi predator with a winnie pipe and jet change.

So with the correction calculator I found online I came up with 9.3 hp and 10.62lbft on Hemi predator with a winnie pipe and jet change.
Obviously wrong, right?

Give me the torque, at the RPM, the temperature And the barometric pressure, and I'll give you the corrected horsepower. Give me the exact numbers and I'll give you the exact horsepower, guaranteed.

Anytime familiar with the prototype dynamometers? I just picked one up and was wandering about the sprockets and if it matters what size you use on them and if anyone knows of any software that would work good on it.
I just bought a prototype dyno too, mine is set up for 4 cycles direct drive, but I build 2 cycles so I am going to add a sprocket drive to it so I can drop the rpm of the pump input for the higher revving engines. Your dyno.com has a great setup for under $1000. It comes with air temp and pressure sensors and corrects for weather automatically , plus they give you the correct load cell for your application. The unit runs of USB power, comes with software for your laptop and everyone I have spoken too that is running it is extremely happy with ease of setup, accuracy and customer support. Where are you located?

Obviously wrong, right?

Give me the torque, at the RPM, the temperature And the barometric pressure, and I'll give you the corrected horsepower. Give me the exact numbers and I'll give you the exact horsepower, guaranteed.
Barometric pressure: 29.98
Humidity: 66%
Air temp: 53°
2250psi@5gpm
Comes out to 8.21hp before correction.
Msa corrected hp is 9.38 according to the calculator for flywheel hp.

Back