Prototype dynomometer

I saw one for sale recently for a few hundred dollars and considered picking another one up for myself.
I have a brand new (never used) Prototype dyno available for sale if you're really wanting one...I'm not going to let it go cheap though. ;)
It is identical to our #1 dyno without the load cell and data acquisition.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I’m trying to figure out how to operate a prototype dyno
I saw one for sale recently for a few hundred dollars and considered picking another one up for myself.
I have a brand new (never used) Prototype dyno available for sale if you're really wanting one...I'm not going to let it go cheap though. ;)
It is identical to our #1 dyno without the load cell and data acquisition.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
an you help me with a manual or how to operate it

I’m trying to figure out how to operate a prototype dyno

an you help me with a manual or how to operate it
You bought one but don't know how to use it? Didn't the fellow you purchased it from show you how before you bought it?
They're really pretty straight forward (depending on how it's configured.)
Pre-heat the dyno oil/fluid. Gear it 4:1, warm up the engine with slight load, then start making pulls @ WOT. The more output the pump makes, the higher the HP. Record the rpm and pressure at each 250 rpm interval then do the math. Watch your hydraulic fluid temp - if it increases much, your numbers will magically increase making you feel like a dyno-hero. Install a thermostat with a small fan and heat sink. Even better, and old Ford radiator that has a built in transmission cooler with a squirrel cage fan in front of it.
It's actually a lot simpler once you install a load cell and data acquisition. Making runs and trying to read two gauges at once can be difficult at best.

You bought one but don't know how to use it? Didn't the fellow you purchased it from show you how before you bought it?
They're really pretty straight forward (depending on how it's configured.)
Pre-heat the dyno oil/fluid. Gear it 4:1, warm up the engine with slight load, then start making pulls @ WOT. The more output the pump makes, the higher the HP. Record the rpm and pressure at each 250 rpm interval then do the math. Watch your hydraulic fluid temp - if it increases much, your numbers will magically increase making you feel like a dyno-hero. Install a thermostat with a small fan and heat sink. Even better, and old Ford radiator that has a built in transmission cooler with a squirrel cage fan in front of it.
It's actually a lot simpler once you install a load cell and data acquisition. Making runs and trying to read two gauges at once can be difficult at best.
I’m going to go get it Monday morning and I’ll get back to you from what I understand it has a heater

Back