Reaper tires

I know what will happen here if they don't check them.
I have never ran them before so I don't know what to expect. You say you will be able to look at the kart on the track and tell the difference.
I thought maybe there is some type mark the track could use. I do don't know just thinking because I know someone is already trying to figure away around it. Hate to say that but it's true.
Haven't heard them say anything about prep. I heard the more you prep them the worse they get but it seems like guys are prepping them run them one race and get new ones. We will see how it works out.
They would simply brand them with a hot iron

I asked one of the track owners Saturday at a trade show about the Reapers. He said he would check and make sure we are Running the Reaper tires the whole race. So far either track has not said you couldn't prep the tire so I guess you can do what you want to do them. I wish they would have said no prep even though people will probably do it anyway. Looking forward to trying them.
Both tracks low Bix Stock Predator or Ducar motors. I ordered a Ducar yesterday. Both tracks have a 5300 rpm rule. I think the Ducar is supposedly set for 5300. Hopefully I can adjust it with the throttle stop screw.
Easily adjusted. Randy has a great video on Dynocams website

Sorry, I ways forget to put that. In Louisiana running in 350 lb Box Stock class. Track has a lot of sand in it. I would guess about a
Medium grip track. Short bullring around 525' around the groove.
I bought a can of Black Sand. Going to wipe it on just before going on the track. I scuffed them up good last night. They are new.
Wish they would have said you can't do anything to them but I guess that's out of the question.

You might want to have a can of acetone with you to dilute the Black Sand if you are going to just use it trackside. My experience with it is that it takes a long time to dry otherwise.

Sorry, I ways forget to put that. In Louisiana running in 350 lb Box Stock class. Track has a lot of sand in it. I would guess about a
Medium grip track. Short bullring around 525' around the groove.
I bought a can of Black Sand. Going to wipe it on just before going on the track. I scuffed them up good last night. They are new.
Wish they would have said you can't do anything to them but I guess that's out of the question.
Should be able to run like 6 and 5 air to start

The clutch and Ducar did great. The tires I am not sure. Before I went for the hit laps I set the tires to 6 and 5. Wiped them one wipe with Black Sand with a touch of acetone. The kart pushed off 3 and 4. When I came off the track the tires were cracked with dirt. The track has at of sand in it. I didn't know what to do so I put my grooves on. What I usually run. Went back out for the heat and kart pushed but not as bad. Made a slight air pressure adjustment and it did better in the feature but could have even better.
I feeI like I was sort of at a disadvantage. They have wing karts there and they ran them in the middle of the show instead of last. There were two groups on the track just before us. They threw loose dirt everywhere. This was my first time to run the kart and I may have had to much cross. Not sure. I .at try the Reapers again next week but I don't think I will do anything to them. I did finish second out of six. Was right on the elders bumper but just couldn't hold it down enough to let him know I was there.
Any suggestions on the tires appreciated.

The clutch and Ducar did great. The tires I am not sure. Before I went for the hit laps I set the tires to 6 and 5. Wiped them one wipe with Black Sand with a touch of acetone. The kart pushed off 3 and 4. When I came off the track the tires were cracked with dirt. The track has at of sand in it. I didn't know what to do so I put my grooves on. What I usually run. Went back out for the heat and kart pushed but not as bad. Made a slight air pressure adjustment and it did better in the feature but could have even better.
I feeI like I was sort of at a disadvantage. They have wing karts there and they ran them in the middle of the show instead of last. There were two groups on the track just before us. They threw loose dirt everywhere. This was my first time to run the kart and I may have had to much cross. Not sure. I .at try the Reapers again next week but I don't think I will do anything to them. I did finish second out of six. Was right on the elders bumper but just couldn't hold it down enough to let him know I was there.
70% Acrysol 30% black sand
Way too much black sand caused the dirt to stick.

I hit post by accident. Guess I had to much Black Sand. I will keep that in mind. Thanks. With a sandy track should I wipe them all. The track never did develop a groove I didn't think.

I hit post by accident. Guess I had to much Black Sand. I will keep that in mind. Thanks. With a sandy track should I wipe them all. The track never did develop a groove I didn't think.
Black Sand is best if you build layers at home during the week, it takes awhile to cure.
Then use 70/30 for a PRW

Your post reads cracked with dirt, I'm assuming that was meant to say packed with dirt ? The one wipe did you roll out wet ? and that was the only prep the tire ever had wiped ? nothing during the week ?

Yes I did mean to say the dirt was cacked on the tires They were new tires. Never put anything on them. This track has never ran Reaper tires before so we will have to learn what to do. This is not a track people will run them as a throwaway like. I did read people could prep them to work well but put on new tries every race. I don't think this will happen here.

Yes I did mean to say the dirt was cacked on the tires They were new tires. Never put anything on them. This track has never ran Reaper tires before so we will have to learn what to do. This is not a track people will run them as a throwaway like. I did read people could prep them to work well but put on new tries every race. I don't think this will happen here.
And the black sand mix you did wipe it was still wet when you left the grid ?

I didn't think it was wet but it might have been.
From what I am told I had way to much Black Sand and not enough acrysol.

Back