Should on board and helmet cams be banned?

Starter and guy who holds the black flag, are the ones that determine out come of a race finish and order of finish.

The Starter determines the end of the race?

I always thought the starter had a gun a pulled the trigger aiming across the starting line. It use to be a sure way nobody would jump the start. Funny how now the 'Starter' ends the race at the end, instead of starting it at the beginning.

edit:

:)

Last edited:
What next Paul?, ban lead weight because somebody may bite it and get sick. How about banning tinted shields since that helps vision at times of high glare,and some people may not have those shields. How about banning tilt steering wheels, seat cradles, quick change motor mounts. This stupidity can go on and on. I think people with a computer, and way too much time on their hands to post some stupid stuff should be banned! You can be the president of your own club.

Paulkish Starterender what ever you want .
Track meets is only place for starting guns . Paul can I ask what you are after with you question about camera's . Is there some out come of a race that you want changed ? . Or is this topic you want to too start to fill up your day.

I believe Go-Pro (and others) are making their presents known in karting (ie: sponsors etc). Yeah....right, they're gonna be banned!

What are they hurting mounted on someone's helmet, vs mounted on the body? I can see no adverse effect, or safety concern as to why.

The question should be - will the helmet manufacturer back up their snell rating with a camera mounted to their helmet? If the answer is no, the track/sanctioning body has now taken on the liability if they allow it.

I think you should at least be able to mount it on the kart - they are awesome for track advertising also.

Last edited:
The question should be - will the helmet manufacturer back up their snell rating with a camera mounted to their helmet? If the answer is no, the track/sanctioning body has now taken on the liability if they allow it.

I think you should at least be able to mount it on the kart - they are awesome for track advertising also.

Im pretty sure that the "snell" rating is just the standards that the manf. needs to meet ...has nothing t do with backing up the helmet

Anyone had the option to mount them to their kart. Every kit comes with that option. Most want it mounted to their helmet to see what they look at. Paul still hasn't elaborated to why he posted this.

Im pretty sure that the "snell" rating is just the standards that the manf. needs to meet ...has nothing t do with backing up the helmet

you missed the point - helmet snell standards may be void with an unnapproved object tied to it - this puts the liability on the track/sanctioning body because they have allowed a racer to race with an unnapproved helmet when their insurance clearly states they have to be snell rated.

There is no proof it voids anything. Painting it voids the snell rating if not done correctly. Outlaw every painted helmet because it's not done by your authorized painters to be allowed under your sanction?

How does this reduce karting cost? Its one of the most effective and cost-efficient methods of data analysis you can get.
Quit trolling and take your meds LOL. You can pickup a used original gopro for $50

Void of what? You're using the helmets at your own risk. It's easy to say the guys who use one or want one are all for having them and the guys that don't want one or don't use one are against them.

Who cares, hug a friend today and tell them they're special!

My son records all his " activities " with his go pro camera , downhill mountain bike racing , snowboarding competitions and kart racing . Put his kart racing footage on FB and got sponsors . Sober up or grow up Paul .

Void of what? You're using the helmets at your own risk. It's easy to say the guys who use one or want one are all for having them and the guys that don't want one or don't use one are against them.

Who cares, hug a friend today and tell them they're special!

Actually you're wearing a snell rated helmet because the insurance company requires the track to make you wear one when you are on the track, under their coverage. Anyway - I'm done.

I've said before, they make great promotional tools for racetracks - I've used several helmet videos before.

Actually you're wearing a snell rated helmet because the insurance company requires the track to make you wear one when you are on the track, under their coverage. Anyway - I'm done.

I understand the requirement of using a snell rated helmet but I don't understand how the camera will void it? If anything, the camera will show and prove the injury occured. Do tear offs avoid the helmet? What about those stick on mo-hawks?

I still want to hear from PAUL his reasoning for starting this thread, whom hasn't commented on the subject for a while.

Back