The 206 program. is working.

Elmer Patterson

I've been keeping an eye on this Local Option site for several Weeks. Conclusion minimum activity Minimum issue. Maximum Enjoyment. I'm of the opinion this 206 program for lack of a detailed explanation IT WORKS ITS WHAT ITS SUPPOSED. TO BE.

It works for us. I have a busy work schedule and very minimal workshop space. Actually, I borrow a friends garage about one weekend per month to work on our three karts. If it weren't for the peace of mind the LO 206's give me I would easily be out of enduro road racing. They fire up every time and I haven't had a single issue with them, big or small this entire year. Nothing sucks more than travelling hours to get to a track only to chase engine issues.

I'm not saying this route is for everyone, but for a team in our situation with regards to budget, work schedule and lack of work space the LO 206 engine keeps us in the game and having fun.

Big word of thanks to Jimbo Frantz at Fastermotors.org for providing us with race ready engines and sage advice.

On the last count....between the US and Canada, 134 tracks are offering LO206 in some way, shape or form. 16 of these are dirt.

Kart racers may not be the brightest stars in the firmament, but I think that even they will eventually cash in on the many benefits of owning and racing the LO206.

After years of updating rules every year to increase reliability, our dirt class is ditching the clone and going to LO206 in the fall of 2015.

jj sometimes we disagree other times we simply ignore each other (politics) for once you have it right smartest thing ive ever herd you say lol

Can't speak for all the other suppliers....BUT...

Here's a list of exactly what comes with our race-ready tuned package.

Our race-ready package is exactly that - bolt it on the kart and go. $750 without clutch, or $800 with clutch (optional clutch upgrades are also available.) Shipping would likely be $20-$25 depending on if to a business or residential address. All shipping through FedEx with insurance and tracking.

LO206 bolt-on "race-ready" package includes:

recoil starter

fuel pump

fuel lines

fuel filter

fuel pump pulse line

fuel pump pulse fitting

custom Kwik Link throttle kit

throttle cable and throttle housing

Stock adult black slide tuned carb (restrictor slides and locking clamp additional)

Noram GE clutch (optional Premier Stinger or Hilliard Fury with Bully driver conversion upgrade)

clutch key and hardware

special low profile PMI aluminum chain guard

chain guard hardware

Green air filter

valve cover breather fitting

magnetic oil drain plug

header brace hardware

5506 candy cane header (optional 5507 outback header)

header wrap

RLV muffler

billet aluminum muffler clamp

RLV copper exhaust gasket

header hardware and safety wire

Intake is aligned, cylinder head is checked and retorqued, carb. floats are set, needle height set, ignition timing checked, coil air gap set, valves adjusted, header wrapped, header brace boss on head tapped, spark plug marked, starter recoil rotated, even air filter pre-oiled! Everything is completely assembled, bench tuned, and absolutely ready to bolt on your kart!

Prices may change a bit, but we are trying hard to offer the very best race-ready package for the best price on the market. I guarantee that right now we offer the most complete and competitive LO206 package available at this price.

Optional "Race-Tuned" version is available for an additional $58 which covers all dyno time, fuel, & oil.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

With rebuilds costing around $100 for all parts AND labor....you can't go wrong with this engine package.

It's being warmly embraced by the sprint & road race crowd, and slowly being accepted by the oval guys.

Sealed motor racing is not for everyone...but for those who want close competition without breaking the bank (at least on the engine package), the LO206 meets their demand quite well.

Great point on the "breaking the bank" comment, Brian. I remember a friend sharing Juan Pablo Montoya's comment a few years back. He said "The cost of racing karts is crazy-expensive, and I make good money. I can't wait until my son is old enough to get into cars, we'll save a bunch of dollars". Some are recognizing the merits associated w/ appealing to the grass-roots enthusiasts, thinking that Briggs filled a niche, perfectly.

Kart racers may not be the brightest stars in the firmament, but I think that even they will eventually cash in on the many benefits of owning and racing the LO206.
That's a 'Bright' remark PD! I can't believe ur filament is still burning...here!! LOL

Back