The 206 program. is working.

Darth- It's no secret that many home & garden units for Briggs are made in China, and a few of the components used within Briggs Racing come from the same region. Pressure-Sprayers, chippers, pump motors, along with various other applications are under that umbrella. There's just no way one can hit price-points without global sourcing, much the same way Ford & Chevrolet have laid the foundation that others followed. The difference, each of the companies mentioned previously have put feet on the ground, and a substantial investment in people to best maintain quality control. When a group like Harbor Freight makes a purchase from the same country, they are buying a finished product. Their team includes legal & purchasing people, instead of a trained quality group as the negotiators because HF is selling a product & protecting their brand.

We had almost 9 people at our track running 206 which I think last year the max was 4, so it defiantly is a growing class and a good motor. Just if I could convert some of the Kt100 guys to WF, we would have a good showing of 4cycles.

From the horses mouth:
Compu-kart,
Our parts vendors are from all over the world. TRW, because of our grade of stainless steel and volume comes out of Thailand. Our ignition system by PVL out of Germany. Our Springs out of Rockford, Illinois. Most of our gaskets are out of Ohio. Paint is done locally. Piston and dowel pins, heat treating of parts, etc. are done in my plant. Our cylinder, head, and side covers are partially machined in our BLTE plant in China and then we finish machine them in Milwaukee. Everything for a reason. We use a single head and cylinder die so we use an outside vendor to cast because our casting equipment and feed rates are too great. Everything ends up in our Milwaukee Wisconsin Facility were we have a multi-layer inspection process for quality and measuring every part for production. All three of your engines were built by hand in our own production area in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

If there are specific parts you are curious about I'm glad to go into greater detail.

David Klaus

There's a lot of206 growth In some of the Rotax programs around the country. FlFlorida to the Can Am series in the NW the series promoters have realised the need for a grass roots program to build there series on. Lets e honest the 2 cycle programs have got to the point it takes "stupid money " to compete

People get too tied up on geography. The big picture as I see it is if even $100 makes it to China for every racer that joins and or stays in the sport, it's money well spent. Folks had the same complaint about clones and it didn't stand up to even basic scrutiny. Out of each clone I'd guess at most $100 actually made it to China (somebody can chime in here).

On the grand scheme of things that's nothing compared to what's being spent on the US shores with US engine builders and US tracks.

People get too tied up on geography. The big picture as I see it is if even $100 makes it to China for every racer that joins and or stays in the sport, it's money well spent. Folks had the same complaint about clones and it didn't stand up to even basic scrutiny. Out of each clone I'd guess at most $100 actually made it to China (somebody can chime in here).

On the grand scheme of things that's nothing compared to what's being spent on the US shores with US engine builders and US tracks.

I think it goes beyond geography. It speaks to nationality and misdirected frustration. Keeping with the "Non domestic anything sucks" line of thinking, one can and should take great pride in that the Briggs Motorsports offerings are soundly an American product placed into their hands at a ridiculous discount, by an American company that has done so in a very deliberate manner. In today's markets, with return on investment and shareholder confidence being the key items at issue with any modern Board of Directors, the mere fact that this division exists, is ipso facto proof that there are some very dedicated people behind this program that have hung it out there to develop and maintain its existence. In today's corporate world, there aint no mother ship and it take some ballnutties to be a stakeholder of anything remotely like this. Tip of the hat to those individuals.

I would hate to see the reaction if I placed the Chevrolet supply chain flow chart on here as a comparative summary.

The reason there isn't much traffic on this site is because there isn't anything to complain about and the engine works so well.
It does what it is intended to do exceptionally well!

And, it is this engine, this rule package and the increased acceptance that can possibly create a true National Champion for both dirt speedway and sprint. That's exciting. I like the way IMCA does it and something similar could happen with the LO206.

DK

The reason there isn't much traffic on this site is because there isn't anything to complain about and the engine works so well.
It does what it is intended to do exceptionally well!

No in the grand scheme of things the 206 is the least raced engine on dirt oval, its numbers are under even the flathead and the animal

So NAFTA and the Trans-Pacific Partnership are good for everyone right???

So NAFTA and the Trans-Pacific Partnership are good for everyone right???
Basic business and the Friedman Economic Model would suggest that to be an impossibility. The nauture of counterparty transactions performed for profit, establish a winner and a looser. Not to worry. I hear the rich have been discovered to taste like chicken. Its only a matter of time now.

WE had 59 karts at Badger on Saturday and 58 on Sunday. Started 30 for the 206 Senior main on Sunday, some great races all day!!

There are some oval tracks that would like to have that class kart count as a total kart count!
Congrats Steve on the success of your event and thanks for all you are doing to support karting.

Cup race was great! Had 9 jrs and all were pretty close in lap times. Great battles from to back. Hoping a few more sign on for the next race. That Sr field was awesome to watch.

Thanks guys! Big thank you to Dave Klaus who came out both days! Thanks to ALL the sponsors who are making this possible! Thanks to all the racers! We are in the talking stages on something for the next event that will help all of our racers to be able to make all of our events. Hope we can do it!

Back