the process

I don't get what you are trying to say, if the lexan has to be mounted four inches above the ground, it must start 4" above the ground to go upwards. Any or no material for All I can see can be attached below it as long as it conforms to the rest of the rule. And it would be 4" the entire length of the body, if not it violates the rule. Pretty simple. Stopping point for the additional material is optional. Depends on how much of your view you want obsteucted. Which is the biggest point to use Lexan.

I don't get what you are trying to say, if the lexan has to be mounted four inches above the ground, it must start 4" above the ground to go upwards. Any or no material for All I can see can be attached below it as long as it conforms to the rest of the rule. And it would be 4" the entire length of the body, if not it violates the rule. Pretty simple. Stopping point for the additional material is optional. Depends on how much of your view you want obsteucted. Which is the biggest point to use Lexan.

I think it's safe to say nobodys following that interpretation of the rule. And it's time the rule as written is either corrected or rewritten in a manner consistent with what's widey accepted.

I guess what most are following is as long as the lexan is secured at the 4" Mark it's legal? No matter how far down it comes? Maybe that is how the rule was intended and my inturpretation of the rule was all wrong. Won't be the first or the last time.

Guys, y'all better get a box of popcorn and a case of soda I am in brainstorm mode. When I get home is when the technical stuff will be introduced to the forums. I appreciate everyone's input it will more than likely come down to what's available. I wear a one piece suit and rib protector in stock class, so I am concerned about safety just as much as the next guy. I will just take the body off and put some side pods on if they have an issue. A good debate will not keep new people away, rule changes every year will though. I don't race enough to keep up with akra, I have
to replace and get them updated every year to race 3 times a year. I'm looking for a more fun route.

ABR #69, I take it that it has to be bolted or riveted 4" from the ground. Also, I think these rules have tried to be written for the safety of everyone, with the hope that when you build it, it does not violate these rules. I am not sure how the guys at tech are going to tell what the chemical composition is of your side panels are. I haven't seen anyone disqualified because of the material they were using but I haven't been to every race. I can not believe that you are not going to the National because of this BS about side panels. Especially when it is in the South this year. Maybe is misunderstood your reason for bowing out.

Steve,

I think ABR #69 was just intending to bow out of this thread/argument/discussion/debate when he posted that, not out of any UAS races. That's my interpretation and we all know what that's worth. :)

Nah, I have HDPE sides and probably always will unless I see some reason to change to something else. I was only bowing out of the thread till I stuck my foot back in the door.

I will be at the GN God willig and the Creek don't rise, with either a 450 or 125 depending on how my season goes and if I ever get my 450 back together.

I wouldn't let this stop me from going! I'd have to get thrown out if that was the case!

Back