Track sizes, a comparison.

,, if all of yall that say it can be done,, well then you are the setup masters and i wanna hire yall to set my stuff up,,, i can see getting it on a track starting in from the corner,, but to drive it around even making hotlaps at speed, your driver,,the girl driver you stated ,, would've never put the kart at speed knowing she couldn't steer it,, I was born at night but not last night,,,heck a very well proclaimed driver wouldn't put a kart at speed when he figured out it wouldn't steer,,

Even with the pin in you can turn the wheel, there is just a lot of resistance. Unless you are way over tightening the thing much more than needed. Nothing shocking here.

,, ,, but to drive it around even making hotlaps at speed, your driver,,the girl driver you stated ,, would've never put the kart at speed knowing she couldn't steer it,, I was born at night but not last night,,,heck a very well proclaimed driver wouldn't put a kart at speed when he figured out it wouldn't steer,,

The thing is, the only way you can steer it under those conditions is to put it at speed, and given the track entrance setup, she was at speed coming in to 3, so she had no choice but to make it work. It didn't hurt that beside being good, she was pretty much fearless. :)

Had she not retired at age 15 after several track championships, I would have put her in my 600 micro. She was as good as any of the guys (and one other girl) that drove it, probably better.

Back