UAS and the tire rule thing......

7am... and not a single "broom pusher" showed up! Not even Chris Seay... we had Southern Gospel music playing and Umax banners hung in place to make him feel at home... just in case. Oh well, we'll leave the Gospel music, but the banners are coming down since Chris didn't show.

I was on my way with my own broom, but when I found out it was a spec PRC broom event I couldn't afford the additional expense. Travel hotel ect sorry. In the future maybe you could schedule a open broom event.:rolleyes:

I guess my issue really boils down to this. I know what I need to do to my tires to make them work for the most part. Now going to Daytona isn't cheap. We all go to win if you don't why bother going. Now you are mandating a spec tire that the new version has just come out I believe. Problem is we know nothing really about this tire. Couple questions here would be. Did they get the out of round issues taken care of? And the problem with the tires not holding their size?

Frankie

I guess my issue really boils down to this. I know what I need to do to my tires to make them work for the most part. Now going to Daytona isn't cheap. We all go to win if you don't why bother going. Now you are mandating a spec tire that the new version has just come out I believe. Problem is we know nothing really about this tire. Couple questions here would be. Did they get the out of round issues taken care of? And the problem with the tires not holding their size?

Frankie

If this tire is used by all racers, will there be no winners......nor finishers in the top five?

I think everyone that races a Champion Oil and Gas sponsored race should have to purchase 2 BRC Frac valves from the Texas location! Everyone that has raced a past sponsored race will be required to purchase 1 frac valve of your choice from the Pennsylvania location!
Sounds fair to me!!

Depends on size and pressure! Making a point, not everyone has a motive for sponsoring a race or races!!
It's the love of the sport! Something that is lost these days!!

You know the few money races that I have won money in I didn't even keep I donated it to someone who needed it more than me. Want to impact the world in a bigger way. Have races and donate the winnings to someone in need. Just a thought.

Frankie

You know the few money races that I have won money in I didn't even keep I donated it to someone who needed it more than me. Want to impact the world in a bigger way. Have races and donate the winnings to someone in need. Just a thought.

Frankie
I would love to be able to do that. Many nights at the track I had enough money to get my son dinner and enough gas to get home. If he or I won we would get mcdonalds.

The few money races I have won was taking from me for things I didn't do or have anything to do with.

Depends on size and pressure! Making a point, not everyone has a motive for sponsoring a race or races!!
It's the love of the sport! Something that is lost these days!!

Amen! And thanks for all you have done and continue to do!

Racer: (n) Someone who spends $3500 on a chassis, $5500 on an engine, $15,000 on a trailer and rig, and $25,000 in diesel to go win $1000 or destroy the $9000 setup trying. :)
While I'm against spec tires on principle, if your objection is solely monetary, perhaps you'd best speak to your accountant. :)

But I doubt my views are worth considering until I show up at a few more racetracks. The project continues....

Back