UAS Divisionals

Wayne,
I'd suggest that yourself, Ronnie Cox, old Old as Dirt, and a couple more racers further south down your coast, just form a committee and set up the races. Call yourselves the West Coast division run your schedule, run a West coast championship race.....all welcome to attend.....and win!

Paul, unfortunately...Ken (old as dirt ) sold everything and is kinda out of the karting loop! I text him every now and then to try and get him to come wrench on the 9 kart with us but he wont have no doin of it! (Wich sucks!) I think Tim Chase and some guys from the Nor Cal region are working on something for the west coast thing at Dixon....end of summer! I am positive it would be a well attened race if they get it going early and promote the heck out of it!

UAS-WA

I think its a great idea to have an east and a west championship. Trying to make it a true national is asking roo much of a sport that isnt that big. If there were real sponcers to go after to make cross country travel realistic for more then just a few it would be different. But kart racing is still in the hobby category. Until a racer can make back travel expenses with a top 30 finish you wont get the cross country travel from enough teams. Karts jjust aren't big enough to warrent 1 national champion. Cuz you won't get the best. Just the ones who can afford a week off work along with the money to travel 1500+ miles. Plus everything else that's needed to be prepared for dirt racing in a new area to them. Plus the gn should bring home a 10k ckeck.

It's all a work in progress. If you look at monster energy supercross or ama out door National Motocross, You'll see only the guys who can afford to race the national system. The factory teams and the privateers are those who can afford it. Doesn't mean there aren't faster guys out there that just can't afford to go. Plus they have National sponsors funding their program. Not to mention there are tens of thousands of MX racers in this country and only a select few attend the National program. When we have 500-600 racers nation wide and 40-50 show up at a National event. Your talking a much higher percentage than the big time pro series of Motocross.

We've come along way in a short time doing every thing our selfs No big time sponsors, No National organization funding the system. Just a bunch of grass roots racers making series after series spreading open kart racing across the country and forming our own National promotion.. We've gained and we'll continue to gain. It just takes small steps to get more and more interest.

If we can continue to get the building blocks in place we'll get that sponsor's attention. were just doing it the old way. hard work.

Back