*Whats your Kart Number*

Took the # off the first kart I had and stuck with it. Thought about it like a boat didn't want to change the name thought it maybe bad luck lol

007 for dirt racing, I was helping a couple of teenagers just starting out in dirt racing and they were 7 and 07, then they got cocky and started calling me an old man (38 at the time) and thought there was no way I could race dirt since I've always been a Road Racer (#44, after little brother stole #43 while I was serving in the Air Force "Petty fan growing up" ) so I bought a dirt kart, and stuck with the team concept and just added a zero, so not the Bond thing but of course everyone thinks that. PS: I kicked both their butts first time out, chalk one up for the old guys!

"48"! NO....not for "JJ" (Jimmy Johnson)! '48' was my official Go Kart Club of America (later change to IKF) number assigned 2me in 1960. I picked the numer because I was a huge Dan Gurney fan after meeting him thru go karting and that was his number. Until meeting Dan, I was going 2get #58, of which was Roger Penske's number, but...then I met Dan. We (Dan and I) have been allowing JJ too 'borrow' the number thru-out his career Only for the purpose and promise too be the 'greatest driver' in the history of Nascar! (

16 H

I grew up a Jimmy Bigelow fan. He was a NE Dirt Modified racer from Thorold, Ontario. He and his dad painted and put together my first kart when I was 10, after my dad got hurt at work.

Back when I helped with the northeast dirt cars the #'s where 111 and 11. After that I ran R C cars with a #11 and a Captain Crunch paint scheme. Now I'm in Karts my # is Cap'n 11

I've been running #47 for the past 5 years. This is based on B-52H bomber 60-0047, this tail number was the last aircraft I was crew chief on before I retired. I changed to #47K this year In honor of my 14 year old son Kiernan who passed away in January this year. It's been a tough year racing without him but I know he's always riding with me every time I go on the track.
Sorry for your loss... From a retired helo crew chief of 82-23718

7 for me too. Always has been. Why? Lucky #7 why not? Lo.l My son has to be 7 to be like his dad too. Pretty flattering honestly. I have ran 07 a few times. I kinda like the way 2 digit numbers look.

7 for me also. Picked it for #7 IMCA mod driver Jess Folk from KS. Guy was bad fast when I was growing up. Heck all the folks were. Second reason was my helo in the Air Force was 718. My son started racing this year and also wanted to run 7. I asked him are you sure and he said well how about 7a...

t1 MY DAD RAN THIS NUMBER 30 YEARS AGO LAST YEAR I RAN #14 BUT RAN #T1 THIS YEAR AND HAD A GREAT LUCK WON 6 RACES THE #T1 IS FOR ME

74 thats the year i finished high school, put 44 on a few weeks ago thinking frank kimell was going to drive it at our local track

It was the tradition of my old Dirt bike racing buddies to use the the 3 digits of your A.M.A. number until you went pro. Mine on my first card ended in 664.
I have used it since I was like 13.

Ill add to the 7 crowd, I run 7s, I run the number because my bday is July 7th and added the s for first initial because both my boys are running the number 7 too. So we have a 7s, 7c and a 7n all wrapped the same..

Back