WKA comeback

If the WKA is back do you want it to feed off of high expense national travel races?
If the WKA is back do you want it to feed off of Southern Series Racing?
If the WKA is back do you want it to feed off of Local and Regional dirt racing?
If the WKA is back do you want it to feed off of Local and Regional Sprint racing?

There's only one reason for it to come back and the one reason is so someone not now making a living off of racers will take enough money out of racing to live well.

Promoters are Pedlars selling services for profit.
You don't even get something you can use from a Promoter, only promises and emotional hooks in your gills.

Not true, Briggs produced the flathead for many years after on push mowers.
Racing kit engines are exempt from EPA guidelines
Sounds like you have the Briggs excuse down pat, they quit making it because they wanted to, it wasnt for any other reason.
And no the Animal isnt better, thats why there isnt any Briggs engines on construction equipment....not reliable enough
Absolutely ridiculous, what in the world does vertical crank mowers have to do with the model 13? "Stopped making them because they wanted to?" I guess there was no reason that Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda, Kohler, Harley, and about any other company that makes engines stopped making flatheads was because they "wanted to". Harley went to overhead valve on their big twins in 1936, Indian stuck doggedly by their flathead Chief and went out of business in 1953. What they "wanted to" was stay competitive in their markets by producing a better product. The only thing better about the china engines in any application, including construction, is they are cheaper. Now I have seen many broken china engines in commercial applications....Broken crankshafts, broken connecting rods, worn out camshafts, head gaskets. Hondas with broken rocker arms and bent valves. Lots and lots of clogged carburetors............. Now to some extent all of our arguments are almost irrelevant as Briggs sources parts all over the world and owns a plant (or plants?) in china. I also recognize that the racing clone itself has become much better since it's inception as better parts have been sourced by racers over time with of course corresponding increases in cost.

The Chinese have a sincere interest and support American kart racing, how?
You're right, I must have missed that point.

At least Briggs is doing something for the racers, sponsoring series, tracks, as well as hiring US workers.
Whether we're talking Chinese castings used by Briggs, or complete assembled engines from a plant in China, don't think for a second that the ChiComs are concerned about anything more than their profit margins and world market dominance. They are definitely not interested in US employment numbers or American kart racing.

Briggs' financial position may be in better situation than it has been in many years. They just invested several million dollars into their Alabama plant. We'll have to wait and see how their current business plan fairs moving forward. Personally, I'd rather put my hope in an American company than in a Chinese one.

I thought the initial discussion was about WKA's return and how evil they are?
Then the OP said the discussion should turn to evil tire deals next.
Now it's how evil B&S is?

If kart racing is just so terrible, why are you still involved?
There are so many cool hobbies out there that surely won't get you so worked up about a sanctioning body's return, a tire manufacturer's dealings, or an engine manufacturer's involvement in a sport that the rest of us LOVE!

:) Wouldn't be any clones if Honda hadn't shipped their dies and molds to China in order to get cheaper parts, just like Briggs did.

Briggs & Stratton has one objective, and that's to return maximum value to their shareholders.
And NO where in any of those meeting would have anyone heard but we need to do something for the racers !!

Now, if WKA wants to put together a comprehensive, cohesive, and nationally universal rule set encompassing speedway, sprint, and enduro, I'd say to bring it on. I'd be all for it.
However it will have to include ALL the popular motors.
I suppose it could be done, but an awful lot of toes have been stepped on in the past, and there are quite a few hard feelings, some justified some not so much.
It's not going to be easy, but if it wasn't impossible anyone could do it. :)

Absolutely ridiculous, what in the world does vertical crank mowers have to do with the model 13? "Stopped making them because they wanted to?" I guess there was no reason that Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda, Kohler, Harley, and about any other company that makes engines stopped making flatheads was because they "wanted to". Harley went to overhead valve on their big twins in 1936, Indian stuck doggedly by their flathead Chief and went out of business in 1953. What they "wanted to" was stay competitive in their markets by producing a better product. The only thing better about the china engines in any application, including construction, is they are cheaper. Now I have seen many broken china engines in commercial applications....Broken crankshafts, broken connecting rods, worn out camshafts, head gaskets. Hondas with broken rocker arms and bent valves. Lots and lots of clogged carburetors............. Now to some extent all of our arguments are almost irrelevant as Briggs sources parts all over the world and owns a plant (or plants?) in china. I also recognize that the racing clone itself has become much better since it's inception as better parts have been sourced by racers over time with of course corresponding increases in cost.
Honda rules construction equipment, we own nothing with a clone but a generator the other 10 are all Honda, not a Briggs engine on anything on this site

Attachments

• 20200819_082759.jpg
    20200819_082759.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 26
So Briggs announcement this week. Lol all dirt wka races you buy tires at track race day. Let's see if the numbers dwindle drastically between this year and next year.

This year is set up to be huge. After woo flu tracks will be packed this year. It is safe to say I called it. Now let's see if my prediction of 5 kart fields next year comes true.

So Briggs announcement this week. Lol all dirt wka races you buy tires at track race day. Let's see if the numbers dwindle drastically between this year and next year.

This year is set up to be huge. After woo flu tracks will be packed this year. It is safe to say I called it. Now let's see if my prediction of 5 kart fields next year comes true.
I'm hoping you are wrong. I'm hoping for success of any (and all) kart tracks, series, and sanctioning bodies right now and for the future.

I'm hoping you are wrong. I'm hoping for success of any (and all) kart tracks, series, and sanctioning bodies right now and for the future.
How can we expect a diffrent outcome with the same approach that already failed. Wka can make rule books without a vested interest. They choose to go down that road for money. Something a nonprofit organization should not be doing. It's a promotional company stop lying to people about the foundation of motorsports. People need to be able to openly discuss what they don't think works without being called a basher. This is a giant red flag people. The Briggs deal is a giant red flag.

I wish the best for karting not promoters they come and go. Like I said we will see.

What do you expect, want, and will get from a racing promoter of a series event or other?

1. A unified set of rules.
Does your personal racing need another set of rules?
What will any additional rules cost your racing efforts?

2. Generally higher entry fees.
Can your current racing efforts afford higher entry fees?

3. Can your current racing efforts afford a new annual fee to race in the series or special event?

4. Can your current racing efforts afford mandatory equipment and tires beyond your current needs and cost?

5. Can your current racing efforts afford the cost of additional travel and lodging?

6. Will any promoter's efforts reduce the cost of winning per your local skill level and current racing expense?

I do not understand how in the world profit has become a bad thing. Profit is simply an incentive to make the goods and services that someone sells, better. Who among us enjoys working for others for free? I sincerly doubt if there are more then a handful of people in this country (if any) that have made millions in this sport, and if there are any, they did so by making lots of people happy. The only way that our sport could become cheaper is to figure out how spectators could help underwrite the costs.

I do not understand how in the world profit has become a bad thing. Profit is simply an incentive to make the goods and services that someone sells, better. Who among us enjoys working for others for free? I sincerly doubt if there are more then a handful of people in this country (if any) that have made millions in this sport, and if there are any, they did so by making lots of people happy. The only way that our sport could become cheaper is to figure out how spectators could help underwrite the costs.
I always think if people bashing the clone ever thought in the end who makes more money off the clone, simple answer is the US, from dock workers to truck drivers, forklift operators warehouse workers and thats all before it gets to builders

Look at the qualifying times for the 100 lapper at Charlotte. Difference in between starting 16th and 6th about a 10th of a second.

So buying tires at the track is a bad thing huh?

Being on "equal" tires scares you off that much?

Asphalt short tracks do it every weekend?

Might want to work on handling and driving ability while you let WKA do whatever they want.

Go or don't go. But bashing like a bunch ladies at bingo doesn't do anyone any good.

Back