WKA Gold Cup Season Opener March 7-9 at Jacksonville

On the heels of a strong 2013 Gold Cup season closer at Carolina Motorsports Park, we're ready to start 2014 with the season opener March 7-9 at the 103rd Street Sports Complex in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Ionic Edge Chassis of White, Georgia, has stepped up to title sponsor this big event, now called the Ionic Edge Chassis Nationals. Thank you to Kyle Luttrell and the folks at Ionic Edge for becoming a new Gold Cup sponsor in 2014.

Also thanks to our fine supporters that have already committed to sponsorship for the 2014 Gold Cup season. In no particular order... Baker Racing Engines, Thor Oil, Coyote Motorsports, GT Machine, MGM Chassis Co., Performance North, Power Plus Lubricants, Michigan Kart Supply and of course, RLV Tuned Exhaust Products and Bridgestone. Sponsors are still being secured and lined up for the new season, and we'll plug those sponsors here once committed.

The Ionic Edge Chassis entry form is now available HERE... http://worldkarting.com/downloads/eb-2014/jacksonville.pdf

Early-level pre-entry pricing is good through February 7. Pre-registration will be open until Feb. 26.

Continuing with a common theme in 2013 will be cash purses in several classes at Jacksonville.

WKA has posted a minimum $2,100 to the Senior Pro Gas Animal classes at Jacksonville. More sponsorship is being sought in an attempt to pay out even more money to our racers and teams!!

The current purse structure for Jacksonville will be as follows.

Friday Pro Gas Animal Money Race
$500 To Win plus 75% payback to top five.

Saturday Pro Gas Animal points class
$500 To Win
$200 for 2nd
$100 for 3rd

Sunday Animal Heavy Mix points class (payouts to Pro Gas engine only)
$500 To Win
$200 for 2nd
$100 for 3rd

The 2014 Gold Cup Series has four national events with each class running two races each weekend. We'll count the best six of eight finals toward the national championship.

Direct Gold Cup questions to WKA at 704-455-1606.

Send completed entry forms to WKA at 6051 Victory Lane; Concord, NC 28027; scan to keith@worldkarting.com or fax to 704-455-1609.

Can't wait!!! Lots of new competitors coming to try out their 1st Gold Cup Race!! Is anyone considering running the LO-206 Sr. Class?? Have some people interested in making the trip if they have some people to race with.

Thanks, Rob Smith

Kart City Performance
(260) 431-4659

Hey Rob,

I think their are a few LO206 racers in Jacksonville that might run this Sr class. I'm sure Mike G. would know. This first race is looking pretty good for bigger kart counts, we also have been getting more calls about this race and a few new to gold cup series.

Steve

LO206 Sr = 375 Lbs

Pro Gas Sr = 360 Lbs

Animal Mix - Animal Alky = 390 Lbs , Animal Pro Gas = 375 Lbs ( Race together for championship )

As the first race approaches and the excitement builds I just want to say it's nice to see new sponsors on the scene. Thanks to Kyle Luttrell at Ionic Edge Chassis for stepping up and helping the WKA Gold Cup series!

The best 4cycle sprint racing in the country!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Hopefully Kyle luttrell brings a few of his guys along to the race. Thanks for stepping up and sponsoring the event!

The North Florida Kart Club website is www.northflkarting.com on the right side under the pictures is a link for the club forums. If you sign in with a user name and password.. we can get a thread going and help answer any questions that may come up.

I am going to say maybe 4 or 5 of the locals may run the 206 class. There are a couple of pretty fast karts locally that will be good competition.

The clubs schedule is posted on the website. First race of the 2014 season is February 15th. Registration at 9 am practice at 10, Drivers meeting 12 noon followed by 2 heat races and the features.

Just getting the word out there that if anyone is interested in leasing a Pro Gas engine for Jax race please contact us before Feb 15th. Cost will be $250.00 for weekend with option to apply the $250.00 to purchase engine at the end of the race weekend.

Thanks!

Steve
419-217-3881 cell
www.Bakerracingengines.com

Pit spot Parking map and info form for 103rd Street Gold Cup is posted on the NFKC Website. www.flkarting.com.

It is acceptable to overnight park now with a camper or RV however, all spots for these are located towards 103rd street as indicated on the parking map on the website.

Also a thread on the NFKC forums has been started for Gold Cup questions. Sign up and join in.

Thanks in Advance...
NFKC

Thanks for the info Mike!! And a Big Thanks to Kyle Luttrell for Sponsoring the 1st Gold Cup National!!

Rob Smith
Kart City Performance

*sigh* I GUESS I'll come race at Jacksonville. I better have Coyote make me a few extra sets of nerfs since I tend to crash there. A lot.

Really looking forward to Jax.Gold Cup in March. It will be my first time back in Gold Cup since 1994. Its always been a great series and I hope to make a good showing in all Pro Gas classes on the Ionic Edge Chassis. In the 90's, The Gold Cup Points Champ got a gold ring, does anyone know if they still do that?

Pre-entries are coming in at a nice pace for this event. Here is updated news on the Gold Cup Ionic Edge Chassis Nationals March 7-9 at 103rd Street...

- Briggs & Stratton Racing has joined as sponsor of the new LO206 Heavy (375#) class in the Gold Cup. There WILL BE money racing in this LO206 Heavy class in 2014 as Briggs and WKA try to grow this division, which is catching on in many sprint series around the country. The LO206 engine is sealed from Briggs and a very cost-effective way to go racing.

- The 2013 Year-End Awards Ceremony will be held at the track Friday evening after the pro races. Hamburgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs will be on the menu, along with side items potato salad, baked beans, and a dessert. The cost for the meal will only be $10 a ticket or four tickets for $30. Of course this is a non-formal ceremony and will honor our 2013 national champions, manufacturer championship, series sponsors and top-10 points finishers.

- We have some good purses for senior racing at Jacksonville. Friday's Pro Gas Animal Money Race will pay $500 to the winner. Second through fifth place will receive 75% of payback based on entry fees. The winner will take home a straight $500, while payouts for second through fifth are based on how many entries we have in the race. An $800 purse has been posted for both Saturday and Sunday's Pro Gas Animal final with $500 going to the winner, $200 to second and $100 to third. Also, Sunday's Animal Heavy Mix main event will pay $500 to the winner. The $500 is offered to Alcohol AND Pro Gas entrants in the Animal Heavy class.

- Prior to Friday's Money Race, the Sportsman Pro Gas Animal and Junior Pro Gas Animal classes will have a 10-lap Shootout race for awards. Each class will run a quick three-lap qualifying session to set the starting lineup. Baker Racing Engines has posted a new, race-ready Pro Gas Animal engine to any current Baker Racing Engines driver who can qualifying on pole and win the Shootout. This is posted for both Sportsman and Junior. Entry fee for these Shootouts is only $25.

- The North Florida Kart Club's Mike Greiner is your parking contact. Contact Mike at 386-503-9068. Leave message if no answer. Or email name, phone # to NFKCParking@gmail.com. Please include trailer length in emails.

- Pre-registration prices go up $5 per class and $5 for Friday practice after February 7. Updated entry form here: http://worldkarting.com/downloads/eb-2014/jacksonville.pdf

- Thanks to our great Gold Cup sponsors that have already signed on for the 2014 season. RLV Tuned Exhaust Products, Bridgestone, Grand Products, Ionic Edge Chassis, Baker Racing Engines, Michigan Kart Supply, Performance North, Coyote Motorsports, Razor Chassis / Roberts Kart Shop, Thor Oil, Power Plus Lubricants, Briggs & Stratton and Van-K Wheels.

Not sure if we will make the race....Christopher broke both bones in his lower left leg......car accident......per doctors orders no weight on the leg for 6 weeks.......

Sorry to hear about Christopher's broke leg and we hope it heals fast and he can get back to normal life again.

Steve

Back