35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

I couldn't find where he agreed on 244cc limit ?

He didn't. He kept telling me what I couldn't do. Brad was trying to get the rules set. He is scared to pony up. He told me I could only get 25 hp from my crappy animal. He said nobody was doing research and development but himself. He claimed that he is the only one that could make 35 hp. Lots of talk but he will not agree to any rules. Just talk.

I don't see how you guys are getting anything done except bickering. All of you must be retired. As the famous fight announcer said it is time to get it on.

You can't build a gx200 to 347cc. Hahahaha you are crazy.

I have multiple engines, re-read what I said. The goal is 35hp

So now your not going to compare hp per cubic inch. So how about your 342cc in a straight comparison to my 234cc. I don't mind spotting you 10cc. Remember you said I could only get 25 hp from my crappy animal. Are you going to run from this offer also?

Ok, I'm back, I was making popcorn, anyone want some?

So, to be clear, we're back to 35hp, or the most hp from a gx200 derived engine correct? It is not most hp per cube. It is not a 270 or 340cc engine, but based on a 200gx (stroker or bored whatever but still based on a gx200)

So, in plain English,
Who can make the most hp from a gx200 based engine.

Build your engine and send it to Brad who will then dyno all engines submitted, in the first week of December. He will then post the results.

Example;
1st place at XX hp is Mr bloggins
2nd place at XX hp is Mr Smith
3rd place at XX hp is Mr Jones
etc, etc

Parameters;
Engine based on original gx 200 block
alcohol will be used (engine, not dyno operator)
Competitors will cover shipping expenses both ways.
Limited to the first 5 entrants (so Brad doesn't spend his Christmas dynoing 40 engines)

All participants agreeing to the rules acknowledge on this thread.

If I missed anything, tell me and I can edit this.

OK, clear as that, who's in?

Last edited:
Im doing it with or without yall. I already talked to Brad, im sending him 2 heads next weekto flow test and 2 motors to dyno test a couple weeks after that.

Is this where the saying "I went to a fight and a go kart race broke out" came from? Wonder why this family oriented sport is in decline.........

I am not going to disassemble my motor and combination. My offer stands as I stated. I will add that there is much to be gained outside of what you can do besides the head. That is part of my argument. I will follow up if he takes my deal. This motor will make power well past 10,000 RPM.

Lets stay with the original claims huh. Your claims NOT MINE ! Besides haven't seen where you are sending an engine YET !

Lets stay with the original claims huh. Your claims NOT MINE ! Besides haven't seen where you are sending an engine YET !

Do you want to make a bet or not? I love to compete. You step up or stay out.
He has not agreed to the deal. That is all I am asking. If my motor goes I will be with it you want be. That is for sure. Why not take my offer if you don't believe me. I will come. I will offer you another bet, your motor and I will bet you that at 10,000 RPM I will cover you by 10 hp. Want some of that?

Ok, I'm back, I was making popcorn, anyone want some?

So, to be clear, we're back to 35hp, or the most hp from a gx200 derived engine correct? It is not most hp per cube. It is not a 270 or 340cc engine, but based on a 200gx (stroker or bored whatever but still based on a gx200)

So, in plain English,
Who can make the most hp from a gx200 based engine.

Build your engine and send it to Brad who will then dyno all engines submitted, in the first week of December. He will then post the results.

Example;
1st place at XX hp is Mr bloggins
2nd place at XX hp is Mr Smith
3rd place at XX hp is Mr Jones
etc, etc

Parameters;
Engine based on original gx 200 block
alcohol will be used (engine, not dyno operator)
Competitors will cover shipping expenses both ways.
Limited to the first 5 entrants (so Brad doesn't spend his Christmas dynoing 40 engines)

All participants agreeing to the rules acknowledge on this thread.

If I missed anything, tell me and I can edit this.

OK, clear as that, who's in?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's do it. The first annual GX200 engine builders challenge.

One so far, MDB is in, he's sending two engines.

After all the flack he has taken (deserved or not) now is the time to say "I will send an engine".

Don't care about side bets, you can't side bet if you haven't committed to the challenge.

I will amend my previous post with regards to participants.

EDIT: apparently I WON'T amend my previous post....apparently the edit button goes away after a day??

Back