35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

Parameters;
Engine based on original gx 200 block
alcohol will be used (engine, not dyno operator)
Competitors will cover shipping expenses both ways.
Limited to the first 5 entrants (so Brad doesn't spend his Christmas dynoing 40 engines)

All participants agreeing to the rules acknowledge on this thread.

If I missed anything, tell me and I can edit this.

OK, clear as that, who's in?

1) MinidragBike is in.

Four spots remaining, who will "qualify" before the spots are gone?

And a reminder, if you don't get one of the four remaining spots because you didn't commit in time, no complaining/griping or comments to the effect "well if I could of got in, THEN you'd of seen..."

Four to go Gentlemen, it's still September, dyno time is three months away.

Do you want to make a bet or not? I love to compete. You step up or stay out.
He has not agreed to the deal. That is all I am asking. If my motor goes I will be with it you want be. That is for sure. Why not take my offer if you don't believe me. I will come. I will offer you another bet, your motor and I will bet you that at 10,000 RPM I will cover you by 10 hp. Want some of that?
I never claimed 30-40 hp. I have seen Charles work and I have posted video of how we run in real life as for you I have seen nothing but words, sort of like the locness monster.besides we don't race dynos we put our proof on the track. Dyno has never won a race yet.

SoloCali, send him a engine also.
I'm sure you have a few engines that fit the rules. Remember 35hp is the goal.

I'm sending 1 for the event, and 1 to just see if his dyno can take the power.

BradH. I wish you the best of luck. I'm afraid your going to need a good pressure washer to wash all the p off the walls and some good security. Keep it human guys. Take Care....

I never claimed 30-40 hp. I have seen Charles work and I have posted video of how we run in real life as for you I have seen nothing but words, sort of like the locness monster.besides we don't race dynos we put our proof on the track. Dyno has never won a race yet.

How old are you? 18? When did I say I would not compete. Your the one that cant compete. Your to immature to talk to. Move along.

Link to said video please, I would like to see it since I am a mini bike guy myself.

yes billet heads are allowed.

I was initially going to say no as that would be playing at a new level, however, there was never any mention of "I can build XX hp with a billet head", there was only "I can build XX hp".

While less rules means less cheating, it also opens the playing field for innovation.

No, we're not shutting out the Briggs, I'm just not sure if it's relevant. Everyone is building the most hp they can with a small block chev and you want to enter a small block Ford...
Send it in, but depending on how you do, you might get a "yeah but that was a briggs"

This does not mean a 200cc Yamaha or kohler or whatever can enter though. This is about the GX200 with an exception for the briggs. Brad, what do you say? You will be the one switching stuff to test a different style engine. Ultimately its your choice.

I would like to see GX200 based engines, but I want to see what motorhead has with his animal. He's claiming it's not a crazy cc engine so it should be on point to compare with a nice stroker GX200. I may have to change the gear on my dyno to rev to 10,500 safely, but that's not a problem and there should still be plenty of load on the engine to gather proper data.

I think Andrew had asked about a crank with a 1" shaft... Over the weekend I ordered the components to test with that. I already had a HD 1" clutch, but it takes 41 chain, so I got the chain and gear to finish it up. Cost me a little bit, but I'm finishing up a 440 that's gonna test how my dyno handles some extreme torque. The little 440 should only make about 25 hp but should have huge torque.

I'm not 100% sure about the billet head rule, because that is an easy bolt on that increases flow without much knowledge and only requires $$$$. One thing I know that some of these guys are proud of, is their manipulation of a stock cast head. There's so many ways to go about making power to compliment the rest of the components. It doesn't really matter to me though.

That was FAST. Did the leading kart have a gx200? Engine built by who?

Both blue karts were mine and yes both GX200 only difference carbs and cams my builds. UAS rules we needed to be 294lbs we were 354lbs would have been even more of a blow out with a lighter driver.

Last edited:
Back