Attention All Certified Tech

Just for the record, Get out your AKRA 2021 or before rule book. It's right there is print. No new rules or addends. Been that way for 7 years that I know of. Taught in Tech classes for over ten years that I know of. The tech on seats are Max Intake .899 and Max Exhaust .862. No getting into the aluminum below the seats has been that way from the beginning since porting started. Right in the rule books! Just didn't get caught until recently. Maybe the heads need to be taken off during tech to be checked on a regular basic.

AKRA is not costing anyone money to fix the part. The manufacturer of the part that is Cheating for a performance gain should be contacted to fix the problem! AKRA IS NOT COSTING AND RACER A PENNY! THE RULES HAVE NOT CHANGED!

This is the part that really problems me!!! Now they the builders that use this part get a free past (PERFORMANCE GAIN which is not legal, MAYBE A .625 CARB WITHOUT THE HEAD IN QUESTION) until January 1, 2022 to fix. For all the other builders not running this part, they should or need to get a performance gain about the same (I assume by cheating with another part or parts) to get the same level the with the others until January 1, 2022!

I IN NO WAY HARBOR BAD OR ILL FEELING FOR THE BUILDER USING THIS PART THAT CREATED THIS PROBLEM. IT IS TOTALLY ON THE MANUFACTURER OF THIS ONE PART THAT HAS CREATED RACERS A BIG MONEY PROBLEM TO GET THEM FIXED!

I will be making a post in a few days. There is a problem with the seats on a head that is being sold and we are working on how to handle it as not to hurt the karter any more than we have to. I will tell you that we are working on gauges to put a stop to the issue. At this point in time as long as the seat meets the .899 and .863 at the bottom we aren’t calling it. The 60 degree cut is being abused.

I will be making a post in a few days. There is a problem with the seats on a head that is being sold and we are working on how to handle it as not to hurt the karter any more than we have to. I will tell you that we are working on gauges to put a stop to the issue. At this point in time as long as the seat meets the .899 and .863 at the bottom we aren’t calling it. The 60 degree cut is being abused.
Thanks for the reply Don.

It is a secret unless you are privileged enough to be able to log onto the tech forum, and you sir, are not worthy of such rights. Please be aware that any apparent dig on you was pure hyperbole. The other stuff, no so much.
It’s not a privilege!! It’s an HONOR!! T takes a special kind of person to do tech. It cost money to do tech. Not everyone is capable of doing it. Really hard to DQ a kid that has an engine out of spec

Those of you who have purchased those big dollar heads from a certain supplier may want to have it inspected by a certified tech. Areas of concern are the area of the D shape of the port. The ones that have come through my shop are out of spec in that the edge is not as compared to known stock part. As for the seat in the area of the 60 degree angle it will not pass the new gauge for 2022. We never had a gauge to check this before because we weren’t seeing any issues until recently. Now we are forced to fight back and create a gauge to identify just what the cut is going to be.

I look at it this way. When things like this happen it forces us to get this engine more in line so everyone, not just the big name builders, have an opportunity to do it themselves. It also helps us to get the rules to the point where soon all the R&D will be over. Sorta like the flathead did.

I have a Clone built by a national level builder, how do I know if my stuff is legal or illegal? I do not want to take it apart at all. Is there any way to get any kind of clarification? this dancing around the specifics and vagueness of it all is extremely confusing to say the least. PM me if you have to. or can I PM someone my engine builder and get a "your good/ better get it fixed" answer?

Back