BMI purchases

Just received a nice $500.00 order last month. No problem. Not as fast as some but then that wasn't the point. They had better pricing on certain items I needed.

I bought a motor mount recently. It took them a day longer than I would have expected to get the item shipped, but that is not a deal breaker and I would definitely do business with them again. I saw somewhere on this forum that http://www.piedmontkart.com is going out of business. I have done business with them twice and have been very pleased.

I'm northeast Ohio and BMI couldn't get a clutch to me the next day. They are also in Ohio. I order almost all my parts from comet kart sales in Indiana and they have always arrived the next day. And they have a huge inventory

Just checked with shipping. All orders go out within a day with some exceptions.

1) Out of stock.
2) Custom made (We sell tie rods, axles and tire mounting that will sometimes add a day or two depending on what's being done)
3) Contacted customer with questions about order and waiting for reply.
4) Waiting on payment.

If you have a specific order you feel took longer then a business day to ship please forward the order # to me steve@bmikarts.com and I will look it up to see what happened. But once we ship a item it is out of our control how long it takes to be delivered. And we are always trying to find better ways to do things.

Thanks Steve
www.bmikarts.com

Most of the time we don't charge a restock it usually depends on the product and how its returned. When we get a fuel pump back that smells like gas we have to cover ourselves because we can't resell.

My issue was last summer. I called to order a clutch and they could not guarantee that it would go out the same day. Said they would put a rush label on it or something but still couldnt guarantee it would go out. No other places carrying Hilliard clutches were within my shipping range. Luckily it did get shipped out but I won't deal with them again if I need something next day. It wasn't even late in the day when I called.

Its amazing how quick everyone is to jump down throats, I've ordered stuff from a kart shop an hour away and took 2 days to get it, not a big deal, just happy the stuff came. I think a lot of it is people wait until the last possible minute before a race to order parts, I've had it happen selling used stuff then it was my fault the part did not make it in time (neither of us were paying for the overnight shipping).

As for the restocking fee, many many many businesses charge a restocking fee. Its kind of similar to a hotel billing you for taking towels or smoking in non-smoking rooms, no one comes on here trashing Holiday Inn for that happening....

You have a successful business Steve, keep up the good work buddy.

steve at bmi.......you did me good......all you can do is try to reason to find the problem to correct....but with no help what can you do.....

Its amazing how quick everyone is to jump down throats, I've ordered stuff from a kart shop an hour away and took 2 days to get it, not a big deal, just happy the stuff came. I think a lot of it is people wait until the last possible minute before a race to order parts, I've had it happen selling used stuff then it was my fault the part did not make it in time (neither of us were paying for the overnight shipping).

As for the restocking fee, many many many businesses charge a restocking fee. Its kind of similar to a hotel billing you for taking towels or smoking in non-smoking rooms, no one comes on here trashing Holiday Inn for that happening....

You have a successful business Steve, keep up the good work buddy.
Same here K

I ordered some parts one time, I could of drove over there in an hour and a half, but it was cheaper to just let them ship it, I tracked the order, it was shipped the same day, it took 3 days to get to me, started out with UPS went to knoxville tn, went back to Johnson city TN and was handed off to our local post office to be delivered, funnest thing I ever seen lol

Back