BMI purchases

I placed a large order (500 dollar range) a couple weeks ago and when it arrived a couple items were missing and one of the items was sold to me incorrectly. I ate the incorrect axle because I didn't want to mess with return shipping. I wanted an aluminum axle and she sold me a chromoly axle. When I called the office I was so mad I wants to hit something. Mostly because two orders in a row this happened. So in the end the lady who I will leave nameless really took care of my needs when I called back. I'm sure they were all laughing at the angry guy from wa In the office. Some would say it should not have been an issue in the first place but she got me squared away. I called back today and placed another 100 dollar order. The lady I dealt with the first time told me she was going to get me a discount but she did not.

All in all my only gripe with bmi is shipping. The amount of time to ship to me is fine but the cost kills me. Comet karts is also in Ohio and offers free shipping on orders over 200. Bmi needs to rethink there shipping strategies or I like many others will be forced to take our business else were.

All business' have their positives and negatives. All have people that love them and some that hate them. BMI is a reputable kart supplier. Try them and see what side you come out on.

In the past I made purchases from BMI however, the last time they sent me the wrong spindle. They then would not send the correct one until after they received the return (fairly normal but very frustrating given it was their mistake) , even after I provided the tracking number (to prove it was on its way) they would not help expedite my spindle. I ended up having to race with a bent spindle. All that to protect themselves from the possibility of being out a $50 spindle. They still owe me the return shipping, but after 3 years i'm not one bit bitter.

I am in Utah and ordered a clutch and was sent the wrong one . Call them up and let them know and BMI next day it to me and also put a return label in the box .That is good customer service !!!

You can't please everyone .

It takes a lot of time to ship. I had an online store last year, it was hard. Some days Id only get 1 order and it could have been something like fuel line. The amoint of time it was to box it then print shippong label I would just wait till the following day. I then started only shipping 2 times a week. It was much easier to have a few orders, box and print shipping labels all together. Then charge everyones credit cards.
Unless your pumping a lot of product like Jc specialy and have a shipping department, I'd never expect something to be ship asap anymore.

First and last purchase at BMI , I ordered a in stock 40mm hub with threaded holes, I was looking for threaded holes as it was why I was buying the hub I have plenty not threaded. The in stock item wasn't "in Stock" so they had it dropped shipped from California it took a week to get here which was not a problem, the problem lies in the fact that there were clearance holes and not threaded ones. When I tried to call they were of course closed and when I read the return policy it says I have to pay for all returned shipping and restocking which was never stocked to begin with. I learned a cheap lesson and will keep the RLV hub as it is a good quality hub , just not what I was led to believe I was ordering. In talking to RLV VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE they said this was a discontinued part and never was threaded to begin with, they did all they could . If BMI had upgraded the web site to reflect what actually you are buying there would not have been a problem. Here is the description of the part I thought I bought

Product Specs:

Aluminum Sprocket Hub
Bolt Circle: 5-1/4"
Threaded Bolt Holes: 1/4-28 (6)
Bolts are Included
8mm keyway
Choice of 40mm &

like I said once is enough , plenty of kart shops out there .......

I placed a large order (500 dollar range) a couple weeks ago and when it arrived a couple items were missing and one of the items was sold to me incorrectly. I ate the incorrect axle because I didn't want to mess with return shipping. I wanted an aluminum axle and she sold me a chromoly axle. When I called the office I was so mad I wants to hit something. Mostly because two orders in a row this happened. So in the end the lady who I will leave nameless really took care of my needs when I called back. I'm sure they were all laughing at the angry guy from wa In the office. Some would say it should not have been an issue in the first place but she got me squared away. I called back today and placed another 100 dollar order. The lady I dealt with the first time told me she was going to get me a discount but she did not.

All in all my only gripe with bmi is shipping. The amount of time to ship to me is fine but the cost kills me. Comet karts is also in Ohio and offers free shipping on orders over 200. Bmi needs to rethink there shipping strategies or I like many others will be forced to take our business else were.

Comet Karts is in Greenfield Indiana. I have bought from both them and BMI. I think both are good to deal with.

If your item is shipped UPS, you still have a problem, they used to give a guaranteed delivery, if it did not make it to the zone in the delivery time, the shipping
costs could be reimbursed. Now the guaranteed delivery is 5 days regardless, any zone, no shipping costs reimbursed. They now have a new shipping system
called Orion, its great now we get delivery and pick ups at about 3.15pm.

Prices are up and service is not what it used to be. Indian call centre, the King is dead, long live the King.

Richard King
Speed Karts, Inc.,

First and last purchase at BMI , I ordered a in stock 40mm hub with threaded holes, I was looking for threaded holes as it was why I was buying the hub I have plenty not threaded. The in stock item wasn't "in Stock" so they had it dropped shipped from California it took a week to get here which was not a problem, the problem lies in the fact that there were clearance holes and not threaded ones. When I tried to call they were of course closed and when I read the return policy it says I have to pay for all returned shipping and restocking which was never stocked to begin with. I learned a cheap lesson and will keep the RLV hub as it is a good quality hub , just not what I was led to believe I was ordering. In talking to RLV VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE they said this was a discontinued part and never was threaded to begin with, they did all they could . If BMI had upgraded the web site to reflect what actually you are buying there would not have been a problem. Here is the description of the part I thought I bought

Product Specs:

Aluminum Sprocket Hub
Bolt Circle: 5-1/4"
Threaded Bolt Holes: 1/4-28 (6)
Bolts are Included
8mm keyway
Choice of 40mm &

like I said once is enough , plenty of kart shops out there .......

I went to Bobs last night and had a PM from this guy on this issue and replied telling him I would look into today and found that the description was wrong on our website so we corrected it. Also found out that he never contacted anyone here about a problem so how is a company suppose to fix a issue when they don't know about it. And to post on a forum without ever contacting to company first just doesn't seem right to me.

I called BMI the same day I received part , I left a message with customer service about the problem, that was a week ago today and last night was the first I heard anything from you guys, if you have an internal problem with that department its not my responsibility . I complained you didn't listen , end of story.....

Also check with Rlv I called them also to see if the hub was supposed to have threaded holes, they pulled the discontinued item from stock to check and they never did come that way.
When a company starts blaming the customer for their mistake then I think that should throw up many red flags to potential customers ....

Who did you leave a message with? I will gladly look into it. I talked to everyone on the phones and looked up the order in our system with no notes and no messages on the answering machine. The only response we have from you is asking for tracking. And on the threaded holes that was a mistake on our site my guess is when we added the 40mm they copied and pasted from a similar item and didn't catch it. We have corrected it and would have gladly taken care of shipping your item back if we made a mistake but we need to know about it.

Mistakes happen, it sounds like Stevbmi is trying to make it right... i couldnt ask for more in a company... IMHO... some companies dont even do that... and when people use the word "company" seems like there is some dehumanizing effect with it... companies have humans (as opposed to aliens) working for them and owning them and humans make mistakes... the key for me is when the "company" (especially when something unintentional happens) accepts responsibility for the mistake and attempts to correct it.. I have ordered a ton of stuff from BMI, many many orders (over 10 orders in 2014 and a couple this year)... i do alot of custom stuff (and not just small engine related), when dealing with companies and ordering parts, mistakes happen all the time, sometimes its the companies fault, sometimes it the customers fault... the company that rights the wrong, is the company that keeps my business...

I just bought a camera from Amazon. It didn't show up, so after a week of waiting, past promise delivery date, I call them. Two days later, I got a new camera, express UPS. Now that's good service.

Back