BMI purchases

There must a problem with your answering machine , or somebody erased it...when phone bill comes in I will send you a copy of when I called and how long I was on the phone leaving a message. The message was left on Paige's line, bottom line is the part cost approx $42.00 , I paid $8.20 for shipping , your policy states that you have a 30% restocking fee and I have to pay shipping to return it. So I would get a refund of approximately $30 from you and I would have to eat the shipping both ways, these are your policies , unless you deciede to waive restocking fees but that is at your discretion. I would still be out $16.00 for shipping plus a waste of my time returning something that was misrepresented on your website.

I have never had a problem with BMI, I have ordered from them about 10 times and been to the store in person. They are good people to deal with and I have always received my order in about 3 days and I live in GA.

I for the life of me don't understand why BMI seems to have this target on their back when it comes to jumping on a public forum to *. I have had both, good and bad service from them but all in all mistakes happen. It happens with everyone. Get over it. I will still continue to deal with them regardless of what folks continue to post with intent to GENERATE dirt in a public manner. They offer good products at good prices. If you're unhappy with Home Depot, go to Lowes. Same with karting. Sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I just found this thread for the first time. I'm really not one to post on here about good or bad information, but I would like to offer my 2 cents this time. In my opinion, as a business, BMI is above average when it comes to the karting world. I live an hour away from there so I may be a little bias. I have spent who knows how many thousands of $ there and only have had a few snafus. I received a fuel tank that leaked, and a motor mount that had some incorrect pieces. Both times I called....they made note of it..and it was eventually made right.... once even 3 months later (I forgot about it). I understand that making the customer happy is the ultimate goal, and the perception of perfection is a requirement to succeed in today's world...but sometimes things don't always go right. Logistical errors happen, and they have always fixed them....the fact that Steve is on here talking to the customers says ALOT. I have had much worse experiences with almost all other kart part distributors. Also keep in mind that not every employee at BMI is a professional kart racer....sometimes if there is confusion, calling and explaining things really helps.
One other thing to note about Steve at BMI.....he has a huge heart for kart racing and kart racers. he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars for the best indoor kart track in prob all of Ohio....and he opens his doors to us crazies a couple times a month.....for almost nothing...to race at his place. The karting world wouldn't be where it is today with out people like Steve.
On a side note......you gotta be one heck of a genius to need something as important as a clutch the next day....I would've ordered it at the fastest shipping rate....then started calling buddies to borrow one.....just my 2 cents

The first year after Mike Burris bought Fast Track we were having a our first big money race and were trying to find sponsors, I had no luck with any of the shops in Southern Indiana at all, I did have one shop to say they would but after their name was put on event shirts they never came through. Even through I had never bought from BMI I called them and they stepped right up and sponsored one of the money classes for that year and my next few events. They also in 2007 were selling a new chassis ,after seeing it listed on their web site I called and said "hey send me one of the new chassis and I will test it at Fast Track on the asphalt oval" to my surprise they did and also said take it out on the dirt and try it also...it was over a year later when they asked if I would return it...who else would do this.
I have been with Digatron and Burris Racing for many years and have dealt with many shipping issues from shippers such as FedEx,UPS and USPS and they all have little screwed up areas that I call dead areas(where parcels get held up) which I try to avoid if I need to get something early.
Steve and his crew at BMI have always been good to deal with and willing to discuss any problems I have had in getting merchandise or getting me to someone who could get what I needed.

Cecil Grubb
GDAC
Washington, Indiana
812-610-0023

I just made a big purchase from bmi that will be my last there was a problem with 2 parts not in stock but where listed as in stock. That would have been fine but they never contacted me I emialed them 5 days after the purchase to find this out. I then payed more for a nother body and seat.I was told Thursday that it would ship becuase I upgraded to in stock parts and that my shipping would be ugrade none of that happen. Its the being lied to I will not have. Bruce

Reactions: ddw
I looked into this and we messed up. Order was printed and sent to shipping Monday it was sent back up front to call you to let you know G man body was not in stock but shipping didn't note it on the order so it ended up going back to shipping. We called you Thursday to let you know why it didn't ship you then switch to a in stock body and I was told that she said it would go out that day but it was after 4pm and by the time she pulled the order UPS had already came so it ended up shipping out Friday. I'm sorry we dropped the ball on this you call or email megan@bmikarts.com I told her to refund your shipping.

BMI has always come thru for me. The only time I had an issue with a part I wanted to buy that was out of stock, they immediately called me and gave me the option of upgrading or waiting for the part to come in. After it didn't come in a couple weeks down the road, they upgraded me free of charge and even didn't add shipping to other parts I decided to add at that point. Every company will have hiccups at certain points. Carlson motorsports sent me the wrong part not long ago, but I know it was a mistake that just happens when you have a business with tons of little parts...they, too, are a good company like BMI. I just think too many people expect perfection.

Wholly Cow!!!

Steve, I know that some of these people are your customers and you have to be nice to them....but man.....it just proves no matter how good of a job you do you will find someone to cry.

BMI has been a store I have purchased items from as they are only about 15 miles from my house. In the store they are ALWAYS pleasant and EASY people to work with. Hell...the first time I ever went in the place I was able to get Steve himself to sell me some scales for less money than I could buy them for anywhere else by $100!!!

Steve cares about his business and his customers. You will not find any place to purchase anything that has not made a mistake....including YOU people who are complaining.....please be the first to speak up if you've never made a mistake!!

I don't personally know Steve so I can only go by how he has treated me as a customer. Always extremely professionally and always as if the customer is always right...even when they aren't.

Remember buying racing equipment...(we used to race karts then mini-sprints and now full size sprints) is not like going down to your local Wally World and picking up some nuts and bolts.....make sure you KNOW what you are buying is what you want. Calling whatever retailer you are buying racing parts from to ensure you have no problems with the order may need to be the standard.....and I have never found Steve (as the owner of BMI) unwilling to talk to one of his customers.

Bottom line.....grow up and stop complaining about someone on-line......call him and get it resolved like an adult.

Back