Corona Virus

When I go out for supplies and food I try to get what's needed to make it thru the next 7 to 10 days to cover a new incubation period.
I also mark down on my calendar where I went when I did venture out for supplies and food.
Not that it would matter if I caught it but i'd like to know I go out without it and where I went if I don't make it thru the next incubation period.

Interesting, the 60w and 120w bulbs I bought via amazon and still enroute are now out of stock.

It must be my fault. ... :)

Amazon no longer even has 120w uv led bulbs on their site.
I guess when they show up I got the good super industrial strength ones they quit selling.

I'll be able to turn them on at night inside my furnace and a blue light will shine up to the sky from our chimney.
The little 60w ones I have installed already I quit sitting under or having them on when sleeping.
My skin started turning blue and I figured that wasn't good. ... :)

Just ordered mogul bases for the big bulbs ... :)

I think i'm going to get two or 4 honeywell units also. One for above the A frame and one inside under the A frame, then two others in the output air ducts. That will be 240watts of UV corn bulbs on the air input and a 4 long Honeywell in the output.
That should do it. I think i'll wire the Honeywell's to be on all the time or when ever I want via a wifi outlet and the big UV corn bulbs before the furnace filter to come on with the blower motor. I'd better quit watching re runs of Tim Allen on Home Improvement.

So, that's what that glow is I've been seeing in the western sky. Thought the Northern Lights were on the move! Lol. You're only approximately 150mi from me Paul.

Thanks and just ordered two powered relay units to turn them on.
Need one for low speed blower heat and the other for high speed when cooling.
LOL, i'm going to have about $300 invested to run two light bulbs. Good thing my wife doesn't read on here.
I'm thinking now instead of also putting on the Honeywell units to put one bulb ... nawwwww
Two bulbs on input and two or three honeywell units on the output. yeah !

Good thing we ain't planning on selling the house. It would take me six months to remove all the gadgets. ... :)

Here's a link to bulbs.
Don't buy the timers you can buy Sonoff wifi sockets that work from your phone anywhere for less money.
What they have in the add limits you to using a key fob. With the Sonoff socket you can set timers etc..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0866DQK4...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1
I really don't think using the UV led bulbs to sanitize is all that dumb.
I already bought and will buy a few more lamps to put them in and if I want to sanitize the house all I need to do is set the lamps around.
I also have cheap wifi Sonoff install in lamp cord units. I can tell alexa or from anywhere to turn the lamps on or off.

Set lamps around and sanitize your whole house when your out or in bed.
I'm going to really afraid to go anywhere when I get use to a steryl environment at home. ... :)

Here's the wifi units you can put on any two wire lamp cord.
I used them on my oxygen concentrator with ac valves to send oxygen when I needed it to different places in the house.
Instead of having to drag an oxygen hose from room to room I ran one hose to each room.
I would then just tell alexa which hose I was going to and the open valve would shut with the one I said I was going to open up.
I had a hose going to the dinning room, living room and bedroom.
And I had an extension hose going out the kitchen door to the garage so I could work in the garage while mending and still needing oxygen.
If anyone needs it i'll post a picture of the setup. It worked.

Here's the little wifi units there about $6 each but I bought them long ago for about $4.

https://www.amazon.com/Sonoff-Elect...=1&keywords=sonoff&qid=1587148980&s=hi&sr=1-4
edit: The good thing about the Sonoff stuff is you can set them to be either in a power on or power off stage if there's a power failure.

Last edited:
Just listening to the PA corona update. Not sounding to promising for PA tracks to reopen anytime soon. A question was brought up about amusement parks and the 3 phase process. Unless the area is in the green it will not reopen. Not sure how race tracks will fall into the category but I would imagine they may be treated the same.

Just listening to the PA corona update. Not sounding to promising for PA tracks to reopen anytime soon. A question was brought up about amusement parks and the 3 phase process. Unless the area is in the green it will not reopen. Not sure how race tracks will fall into the category but I would imagine they may be treated the same.
My local track is supposed to be practicing on the 9th and our first races is slated for the 16th. Hopefully it will happen.

Yes, if PA is not in green, tracks are not supposed to be open or have fans

HOWEVER....

Big tracks:
BAPS has a wavier to allow limited practice
Greenwood ran a closed practice yesterday and I assume others
Blanket Hill is available for closed practice
Shellhammers is available for closed practice
Roaring Knob is hosting a full blown practice on Saturday and a 5 or 6 division race WITH FANS on Sunday (very doubtful based on weather)

Kart Tracks
See Greenwood, Blanket Hill and Shellhammers
PittRace is slated to open for practice Saturday and host a race on May 16th

Update:

Latrobe is hosting a motocross practice this weekend since private ATV places can open. If you remember, before they brought the track back last year, it was a MX place for 10 or 15 years.

Not much into the motocross scene. I do follow the Hunt The Front channel on youtube and they are saying that Southern Raceway in Florida is hosting an event for late models and stock cars this Saturday. Nobody in the stands, x amount for pit crew and it'll be a pay per view event.

Not much into the motocross scene. I do follow the Hunt The Front channel on youtube and they are saying that Southern Raceway in Florida is hosting an event for late models and stock cars this Saturday. Nobody in the stands, x amount for pit crew and it'll be a pay per view event.
Me either, but I have been tracking every PA track to see what is going to happen and I saw that in a post from them.

Looks like Mercer Raceway, Lernerville, Sharon Speedway, Raceway 7 are all postponed until further notice including practices. The All Stars cancelled at Lernerville and Sharon. The Penn-Ohio series at Sharon is postponed to a later date. Not sure how many people have seen or haven't but Mercer Raceway is building a kart track. From what Ed Michaels the track owner is saying its a 1/10 mile on the inside. If anyone has been to Mercer its was built where the over flow pit area would be during the specials and Little Guy Nationals. I'll be headed out that way later today I'll grab a pic of it.

Mercer's kart track
B14B20FC-B5FA-40A1-BE8C-B2DE8373F1EA.jpeg

I hope they run Saturdays before or better yet during their auto races.

If there's a special show and they need the pit space then move the kart start time up.

From what I'm seeing they just started a couple weeks ago. What they have posted is that it will be ran opposite from the regular race nights. I would guess possibly a night during the week or the opposite Sunday of Slippery Rock.

WOW !

Wouldn't it be cool if they could get Mike to run it on his off weekends?
They'd have to pony up some decent cash because I think Mike is at it out of a labor of love. ... :)

Back