Corona Virus

I feel I must add this info because it may help someone.

I have more UV led bulbs coming 5 60w and today I ordered two 120w bulbs to put in our furnace cold air return.
These are not 60 and 120w equivalent bulbs they actually use 60 watt and 120 watts of electricity.
The 120 watts are supposed to be able to sanitize a 1200 square foot area and I'm putting 2 of them in my furnace cold air return.

Here's some info on the UV-C bulbs which per info operate in a wave length which does not produce ozone.
I'm planning on being able to go for a ride in the car for awhile while they disinfect our whole home and by turning the furnace fan on always on disinfect the air in our home at the same time. Think about the whole inside of your home bathed in Blue light and the air also being pushed thru high intensity UV-C light. By high intensity i'm referring to it passing thru 240 actual watts of UV-C light.

Here's the info on UV-C light:

UV-C Radiation is Germicidal
What is unique about UV-C radiation is that it is especially effective at disinfection. In particular, the wavelength of 264 nm is incredibly impressive at killing germs, viruses and bacteria. Fortunately, UV-C radiation can pass through air without creating ozone, so UV-C lamps can be used in air to disinfect surfaces. Some people may be concerned that using a UV-C LED lamp will create ozone (a health and environmental hazard). However, only the vacuum-LED wavelengths can create ozone (<200 nm). UV-A, UV-B and UV-C wavelengths do not transform oxygen (in air) into ozone.

Ultravation - EZUV Signature Series

Thank you, i've been looking at the long bulbs. But the home improvement in me say how big a bulb can I get? har har har
Found it and i'm going to not put just one in but two. There's a cold air return chut on the side of the furnace. I'll put one 120w bulb at the top and one at the bottom where it can also shine on the furnace filter. That will mean all air going into the furnace will have to travel thru a 6+ foot long channel.

thank you again i'm hoping to see a big difference too, but.... it's like building an open, you'll never know how it will do till you put the thing on the track. ... :)

edit: I'll also be able to wifi turn them on and off via alexa. The outlet i'll use is already installed.

LOL another benefit is I can hook them all in furnace and around the home to my security system. LOL if someone gets in fine but they'll never find their way out blind. ... :)

I can put signs on the doors saying "WARNING If this house is Blue inside and out: don't go in or your end up blind with skin cancer".

Last edited:
Its best to leave it on all the time

thanks i'm now thinking of having them come on when the blower comes on but all the time would be ok too.
Even though there not supposed to produce ozone I figure they will make some.
I'd hate to have ozone build up because air is not moving and then hit the house with a concentrated amount.
I have two 60 watt'ers running in a bedroom bathroom combo and I think I do smell ozone sometimes.
In fact I started running the bathroom exhaust fan to be sure it's not building up.

time will tell and on the furnace I can operate them two ways.
I'll proly rig up both ways and try each.

thanks again

paul

Interesting, the 60w and 120w bulbs I bought via amazon and still enroute are now out of stock.

It must be my fault. ... :)

The 60w I ordered was blue in color like all the rest.
Now the 60w bulb is purple?????
I couldn't quickly find info on the purple other then they talked about black light.
I don't know if the purple is really germicidal or not and since I already bought 10 with 5 shipped and hopefully enroute I gave up looking for info.

The price is less now then what I paid but they don't have any. ... :)
There are 80w still available.

Though you can't tell if they are doing anything to kill germs or not everything I read says they do.

"Only thing I figure is that if it goes into August, we'll get some sort of universal paycheck nationwide and it may not hit me as bad as it could. "

JoshuaGuiHer:

If this situation continues into August, I doubt many folks anywhere will be concerned about racing, and the country as we currently know it will be even more dratically changed forever. Your point about a "universal paycheck" is seen favorably by many and could become a real possibility if America doesn't get back to work soon. I am afraid we may be in for a bumpy ride for the foreseeable future, especially if universal paychecks are deemed a solution. I wish the best for all who come to this site and for our country as a whole. CMac

Our County and the virus

Something ain't right????
We either have the worst medical system and hospitals in the state or maybe someone's claiming a whole lot of deaths from the virus when maybe they ain't from the virus????
41 confirmed cases and 31 dead ????
even if you put them together and it's
72 and 31 dead, something still ain't right????
In Mahoning County unlike anywhere else if you get it you have almost a 50/50 chance of it killing you?

Why? The feds need to do something special to help us with those bad numbers.
Chart must be wrong????
All I did was google Mahoning County virus deaths ?????

93260768_4293294810695904_4834581029949800448_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#

No tests no data .
flattop1 is correct, however, in the case of Paulkish's alarm in his county, it doesn't seem to explain the situation. When there are no tests and people die of Covid, they are not counted as Covid deaths. Paulkish is looking for a possible answer as to why 31 out of 47 confirmed Covid19 victims went ahead and died in Mahoning County. I am not familiar with this area whatsovever, but I wonder if perhaps a nursing home or some other large population of seniors was infected? CMac

Our County and the virus

Something ain't right????
We either have the worst medical system and hospitals in the state or maybe someone's claiming a whole lot of deaths from the virus when maybe they ain't from the virus????
41 confirmed cases and 31 dead ????
even if you put them together and it's
72 and 31 dead, something still ain't right????
In Mahoning County unlike anywhere else if you get it you have almost a 50/50 chance of it killing you?

Why? The feds need to do something special to help us with those bad numbers.
Chart must be wrong????
All I did was google Mahoning County virus deaths ?????

93260768_4293294810695904_4834581029949800448_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/#
In washington they had alot of deaths at the start of the US getting this and it was because it went through a nursing home. Good chance something like that may of happened

The numbers are real.

They don't tell anyone where those who died lived.
Yes, there was info on there being a high percentage of old farts.
But again nobody knows.

Hey, I'm afraid to go out for food and with those numbers, rightfully so.

something ain't right ! period

The County Sheriff gets on TV and bitches about how they need to come down on everyone because this area must be full of a bunch of azzhols who don't listen and are passing the virus around by not staying home. nothing for him to go on and spew possible crap from his mouth except the numbers.

sorry bob

Paul I meant if large number at one place like a nursing home took place.

In general per my recollection it's not the case Ken.
It should be on the national news and there should be national investigation.
I guess we have some strange version of the virus here that a lot of people don't get, but if you do your 40/60 dead.

... ok just on the news now it said 417 cases with 31 deaths
That still warrants some kind of national based looking into.
If the answer is there's a lot of dumb stupid people in this area the so be it.

One thing my wife and I won't do is buy take out local or chain.

Back