Creosote?

Creo is an additive to your prep, under the right condition with the right mix it cant be beat, but under the wrong condition, it will put you in left field and ruin a set of tires for that same condition.
If you dont know how or when to use creo, best bet is NOT to use it.
Use my Purple mixed with Red, add a capfull of creo and if the track calls for it that night, you will be flying!!!

I'm looking for something that will add bite on a sandy track..... This track gets watered every heat and by the end it has a dust on it that is like driving on ice.... I'm trying everything but creo is next if u guys don't have recommendations.... I'm running burris 11s this time of year

track tac black sand is the answer, work your tires thru the week with it for dry, sandy, or dusty tracks, it is a great prep for those conditions and does not drop the duro hardly at all even after 6 coats thru the week. I use alot of black sand in the summer. I would highly reccomend it instead of creo. Venom Bite Blue may also work for you, especially for this time of the year. But if you were doing good on SoCo purple, that would probably be a good choice to stick with since you know it works, or maybe add a cap full or half a capfull of creo to the purple when you need more bite.

I'm looking for something that will add bite on a sandy track..... This track gets watered every heat and by the end it has a dust on it that is like driving on ice.... I'm trying everything but creo is next if u guys don't have recommendations.... I'm running burris 11s this time of year

You should also try some 22's prepped down to the duro you need, they would be faster than 11's. If you can get 33's to work on that track while everyone else is on 11's, you should be faster than everyone else, given that you get the right prep on them and the duro is right for the track. 33's will always be the tire of choice over 11's and 22's, i know guys that use nothing but ss33a's or b33a's and will prep them down as low as they need them to be, and are fast at any track they go to, and this is what i have been doing. I own 8 sets of ss33a's and 1 set of ss22's, nothing softer than that as far as compound.

Creo is an additive to your prep, under the right condition with the right mix it cant be beat, but under the wrong condition, it will put you in left field and ruin a set of tires for that same condition.
If you dont know how or when to use creo, best bet is NOT to use it.
Use my Purple mixed with Red, add a capfull of creo and if the track calls for it that night, you will be flying!!!
What are the right and wrong conditions?

Are you talking about Barber's track down near Glendale?

The stiffer sidewall on a 22 or a 33 will roll much better, and faster under the right conditions compared to an 11. However if you cannot get the amount of bite needed to hookup to the race track going with 22's or 33's will make the sliding condition worse.

^yes sir lol.... I love racing there but it sure is a handful some days lol
Then I would suggest snow chains. :D

I have seen that track go from wiping mud off the visor, to perfect, to so dusty you can’t see in a matter of 8 laps.

I can’t tell you what to do for tires since we never really got a hold of the track ourselves, but maybe below will help others understand the track.

It’s been a year or two since I have been down there, but like you said, the track usually has a layer of loose dirt/dust/sand over a packed layer. It doesn’t have any grip, doesn’t take rubber, not even a prep groove. They mostly run on Sunday afternoon, so they cannot keep moisture in it. It just dries out too quick. It’s not really a coarse sand, but more of a soft powdery dust. The base will pack, but I’m not sure it is what most people would consider hard in other areas of the country. I’ve heard of people determining how hard a track is by seeing how far you can stick a screwdriver in the dirt. Most tracks around here you would be lucky if the handle stopped it from going in. I doubt you could ever ‘lock down’ a kart at this track. Many people were running <3 psi in their tires, some closer to 1psi.

Here are some pictures of the track:
http://jasper.smugmug.com/2010-Photos/Thunder-Valley-Raceway/13084032_BmDQcf#!i=948268382&k=vpt9CXQ

I would look at ways to get the kart to make more grip, along with tires. There is a good chance you try everything and find out nothing works.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like that track. It’s short, you get to use all the pedals, and it’s really fun to drive. But, like you said, it can be a handful, especially in the open class. You might have to resort to the ole Scandinavian Flick.

Only use the creo when the track gets some moisture coming up and the moisture makes the track a little slick

I like the picture of the little boy racing barefoot in shorts and a tank top. At least he does have a helmet on.

I get the impression from looking at those pictures that safety isn't the primary concern at that track... Dang!

Then I would suggest snow chains. :D

I have seen that track go from wiping mud off the visor, to perfect, to so dusty you can’t see in a matter of 8 laps.

I can’t tell you what to do for tires since we never really got a hold of the track ourselves, but maybe below will help others understand the track.

It’s been a year or two since I have been down there, but like you said, the track usually has a layer of loose dirt/dust/sand over a packed layer. It doesn’t have any grip, doesn’t take rubber, not even a prep groove. They mostly run on Sunday afternoon, so they cannot keep moisture in it. It just dries out too quick. It’s not really a coarse sand, but more of a soft powdery dust. The base will pack, but I’m not sure it is what most people would consider hard in other areas of the country. I’ve heard of people determining how hard a track is by seeing how far you can stick a screwdriver in the dirt. Most tracks around here you would be lucky if the handle stopped it from going in. I doubt you could ever ‘lock down’ a kart at this track. Many people were running <3 psi in their tires, some closer to 1psi.

Here are some pictures of the track:
http://jasper.smugmug.com/2010-Photos/Thunder-Valley-Raceway/13084032_BmDQcf#!i=948268382&k=vpt9CXQ

I would look at ways to get the kart to make more grip, along with tires. There is a good chance you try everything and find out nothing works.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like that track. It’s short, you get to use all the pedals, and it’s really fun to drive. But, like you said, it can be a handful, especially in the open class. You might have to resort to the ole Scandinavian Flick.

WOW!!!! No gloves. No Long sleeves/jackets. No neck braces NO SHOES!!!!!! Seriously. You don't need prep....you need life insurabce!!!

Bahahahahaha hey it is what it is and I will say these guys will welcome anyone willing to have fun... Its the most fun I've ever had and they are there like clockwork every Sunday at 1....great bunch of guys and don't think they aren't serious about winning lol

use the blacksaand and forget about using the creo

creo cannot be used alone period,i dont care what anyone has told you....what you used was a broke down version of creo and broke down mildly at that,
i've used it without mixing it with anything.It will make the tire both soft and grip, but I've found if you use too much it will make your tires heavy. prep it several times and then weigh it against a tire with a store bought prep, you'll be amazed. It is hard to get cresto out of a tire, but it's not easy and it doesn't all come out. I found rolling them in a hot box is the best way to prep the tires with cresto.
Alan

Back