Creosote?

Explain to me Y u would run a harder tire just to soften it? Idk this and I feel like I need more explanation lol

Like said above in a post, the 22 or 33's when prepped down will roll better and make more speed if you can get them to hook up. Try finding an old set of 33's first and give them a try with a prep that gives you alot of bite. You may also try running a little less left side weight in the kart to help make some sidebite in the turns and give you a little grip, but if it were me, id make the grip with tires and leave the chassis alone if your setup is good.

I know everybody has there secret home brew for prep, but if you're not a chemist you are best to just buy something ready to use. There are a lot of bad chemicals in the world and while they might not kill you today, they can and will kill you slowly later on down the road. Also if you aren't a chemist with access to a reliable source of ingredients you can't guarantee that each batch will be the same. I am all for doing everything my self but I draw the line a making prep. Now that that's off my chest I think some of the problem with a track like you are working with is the fact that they only get watered, they aren't treated with anything. I have a local backyard I run at some and I haven't figured it out either. I have been running my leftover tires from bigger races and just prepping down. I'm going to fix a set for next week with a mix of black sand and purple track tack to see if that works any better. I'm sure somebody has a handel on what to do on a unpreped track, we just need to squeeze it out of them.

I know everybody has there secret home brew for prep, but if you're not a chemist you are best to just buy something ready to use. There are a lot of bad chemicals in the world and while they might not kill you today, they can and will kill you slowly later on down the road. Also if you aren't a chemist with access to a reliable source of ingredients you can't guarantee that each batch will be the same. I am all for doing everything my self but I draw the line a making prep. Now that that's off my chest I think some of the problem with a track like you are working with is the fact that they only get watered, they aren't treated with anything. I have a local backyard I run at some and I haven't figured it out either. I have been running my leftover tires from bigger races and just prepping down. I'm going to fix a set for next week with a mix of black sand and purple track tack to see if that works any better. I'm sure somebody has a handel on what to do on a unpreped track, we just need to squeeze it out of them.

what do they normally prep a track with?

track tack has stuff, also some add calcium, and I have heard of some that add a little detergent to the water. A good car track will actually plow up the track and add some sawdust to the dirt and re pack it on a regular basis, it helps the tack retain moisture and not get dusty. I'm sure it would work on a kart track but it would be a lot of work for the operator. Also some tracks run a sheeps foot over the surface to help it stay together and retain moisture.

Liquid Speed would solve your problems better than black sand and purple. Ls4 for sloppy wet tracks with no bite and cold temps, Ls3 for wet tracks that hold moisture and low bite, Ls3/Ls2 mixed 50-50 for medium bite track with moisture in it, Ls2 for medium bite dry track, ls2/ls1 mixed 50-50 for medium to high bite dry track, and Ls1 for a good high bite hot track. This is just about the only line of prep i use anymore on any given day or night, unless track conditions call for something else like black sand or goat.

Also, i would not mix black sand with track tac purple. There are 2 purple preps from track tac, one is sst5 which gives a ton of bite and can easily lock you down if used on anything other than a sloppy wet track, and there is SAA grape, which is made for cold wet low bite tracks, and i wouldnt mix either of those with black sand because they are for completely opposite conditions. If i were mixing black sand with anything, it would be acrysol. You can maybe try BTGP red, sst5 purple, or SAA grape for this time of the year racing. If you just cant make any bite at all and are all over the track, try some of the sst5 purple, you may or may not need to cut it with acrysol. Some cut it with acrysol to dilute the effects and not add so much bite. I have used all of these preps and they all have their use in the right conditions. Choosing the right prep for conditions is critical, the wrong prep can put you in left field quick.

Do they have a tire rule? Im not sure if they do by the pictures. But shoot, try grooved tires? Seems like everyone is having the same problem as you.

Our Track Treatment is fairly cheap. When bought in volume in would cost you about $15 per race day.

I'm guessing Barber isn't going to spend 15 bucks lol u need to just come to the track and witness this for yourself... Its a blast and really laid back and It all started from a practice track and now they have as many karts as seedtick some weekends

Ok im going to clean the cobwebs out of your bra in with this one....... What did dxa, dxb, and dxc tires durro or compairable to today.... I have a few under the bench and I want to play with some different preps and see what hooks up best at this track

Ok im going to clean the cobwebs out of your bra in with this one....... What did dxa, dxb, and dxc tires durro or compairable to today.... I have a few under the bench and I want to play with some different preps and see what hooks up best at this track
DXA was like a 33.
DXB was like a 22.
DXC was like a 11.
With that said these are all close as far as the duro goes but the mold of the tire is different than the newer tires...

i have some of the dx series tires actually, they hook up pretty good and work just like the newer ones for me. The sidewalls seemed to be a little stiffer on the dx tires also.

Back