Current L206 Engine Availability

Hi, does anyone happen to have any updates on engine availability? I'm trying to get one ASAP (lost an oil plug) but can't find one anywhere.
We have new engines in stock, but are only offering our race-ready packages until the factory gets caught up. We've got to take care of backorders first, but we're looking good for now -- they'll sell fast though. Call and get on the list before others do.
6.jpg

Give us a call if we can help.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Man, that’s more new engines then I will see all year. 36 deep on both target and SM’s back order lists. Thanks Briggs…

Man, that’s more new engines then I will see all year. 36 deep on both target and SM’s back order lists. Thanks Briggs…
We got some from Target too, Derek. They were backordered with Briggs around a year when I talked with them.
We've got orders out with 4 distributors + Power Distributors (Briggs.) Wherever and whenever they hit first, we're just glad to get some!
This whole deal has been frustrating for everyone from racers to the manufacturer and everyone one of us in between.

Wheel shortages are getting caught up now I see, hopefully Briggs will get caught up soon. Sooner the better!

I got lucky and found a new one that had been sitting at my local track unsold since last November, so I snapped it up for my daughters kart. Funny thing was, the track forgot they had it, as the box it was had stuff piled on top of it, and it was out of sight out of mind. And it wasn’t just the engine, it was the full TS Racing kit with all the assessories and parts. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_1462.JPG
    IMG_1462.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have 2 for sale. 4 if you include two chassis. See ad in the For Sale section below Sprint section. Great deal on two fresh and sorted engines.

Last week, my backorder from Briggs went from a delivery date of September to now October 5th on Short Blocks, Green Coils, and Heads.

But on the plus side, carbs now have a Mid-June ETA instead of August.

I am currently tracking 23 critical part numbers, that are unavailable from Briggs, daily trying to keep my shelves full.

I have 3 brand new chassis waiting for engines to finish the builds. Thankfully I have patient customers.

I had 36 of them a short time ago.
Same here, Jimbo. Problem is that they were all spoken for before they even hit the door.
It would be interesting to see some real production numbers comparing 206 sales over the last 10 years and see how this deal has really exploded this year. I don't know if it's due to supply issues, increased demand, or simply hoarding like the Covid/TP crisis but 206 inventory has been all but impossible to maintain and everyone is having the same problem.

Think Pandemic and toilet paper.
Much of the parts availability issue with other parts (besides engines) is the same thing.
You hear there is a shortage so you better get all you can just in case.
I just bought way more valves than I'll use in quite a while, just in case.
I also bought a whole bunch of air filters, same reason. Not to mention not long ago you couldn't get any.

Back