Electric equivalency

The big 3 don't have the patent right .
Seems like smog was an issue as well .
Plus the seals do not last , then its done .

The big 3 don't have the patent right .
Seems like smog was an issue as well .
Plus the seals do not last , then its done .
MMMMM Ford used to own Mazda so not buying that one.
engines like the Australian orbital have surpassed any wankel engine.
Show me the wankel racecar with more power than the Porsche 917/30? or the wankel that beat the Oldsmobile Aerotech on a closed course? Supercars like the Koenigsegg and Porsche have all gone to Hybrid platform to take advantage of the electric component as well is nearly all the Le Mans prototypes because of the advantage of electric motors.
writing is on the wall if you care to see it.

The Mazda 787 Quad rotor was a nasty beast, though...It is the only non-reciprocating engine to win LeMans. It will also make you go deaf and bake you while you drive. Even the little karting Aixro wankel produces copious amounts of heat, but the noise isn't half bad... Long live castor fumes and ear-splitting cacophonies of delightful combustive propulsion...

1652356178857.png

Last edited:
MMMMM Ford used to own Mazda so not buying that one.
engines like the Australian orbital have surpassed any wankel engine.
Show me the wankel racecar with more power than the Porsche 917/30? or the wankel that beat the Oldsmobile Aerotech on a closed course? Supercars like the Koenigsegg and Porsche have all gone to Hybrid platform to take advantage of the electric component as well is nearly all the Le Mans prototypes because of the advantage of electric motors.
writing is on the wall if you care to see it.
That is just because they are gonna be forced to go electrical by politicians, so they have to.

The Mazda 787 Quad rotor was a nasty beast, though...It is the only non-reciprocating engine to win LeMans. It will also make you go deaf and bake you while you drive. Even the little karting Aixro wankel produces copious amounts of heat, but the noise isn't half bad... Long live castor fumes and ear-splitting cacophonies of delightful combustive propulsion...

View attachment 22324
Ted, the Wankel has another advantage, which is the lack of vibration which dramatically improves how the chassis work. If you don't believe me I'll let you try mine, because too many people has an opinion when they have never try one. Heat is an issue if you don't properly insulate or separate the pipe, that's all. noise is fine, not louder, just different.

Great engine the kart higher up's killed it with weight. In my opinion they figured there was no money to be made on the platform . Just me. later Chuck.

Since we are in the UAS outlaw section let's address the wankel from a UAS perspective. J is obviously right it's total junk. If it were a good engine then a UAS national champion would have used one to will their title.

Oops. Paging Robbie Yow (memory is foggy but I think someone else got a national title on one also)

If I remember we threw weight at Robbie to try to equal things out and the damn thing just got faster. I remember UAS admins were concerned we would have to make the kart unable to be lifted before we found the right weight break

What about Justin Gilbert bud .Robby never rode a Wankel to my knowledge. Justin was national champ in 2010. Robby pretty much drove for Seay all 2cycles except for a year or two with the GM 500. I live 20 miles from team Seay I know what I'm talking about. Check out the books later Chuck.

Robbie's first title was on a wankel driving "for" charley. Was thinking Justin but again foggy memory. Robbie had a knack for breaking his though. They figured out what was causing it though (hint it was the nut behind the wheel)

The original wankel rules were referred to at times as the Yow rules by some of us. I am very close to the guy that spent way to many hours with Germany figuring out the proper way to tech the engine in the UAS (matter of fact I see him in the mirror every morning lol)

I'm thinking Robbies first was on the BRC and that was what he was breaking because Seay &Rielly Will the BRC engine was more of a prototype back then. I don't know Chris to run anything but 2cycles except for the GM. I remember Yow with twinreedjets beating Gilbert on the Wankel at 120 racetrack in Nc. The wankel ran out of fuel. later Chuck

Robbie ran independent then for stofa then seay. Something in my head is saying his wankel title was the last national title prior to us running a grand national but again foggy memory

No biggy Robbie won the National title in 2008-2009 and Gilbert in 2010. I know for a fact that Gilbert won the title in 2010 on a wankel

Last edited:
I was in charge of the grid in 2010 when Justin won. We had to wait 10 minutes or so because seay ran in the race before the final (and I believe won) which is why we had to wait for him to get to UAS grid

Justin I believe was third in points going into the gn, won gn and title. I was the one that told him he was national champion

Chuck, I think Eric is correct. Justin won the GN in Clay City with a Wankel , can't remember the year but I think it was 2010. The next year, 2011, Robbie won the GN with a Charley Stoffa Wankel but I don't remember the track. The Wankel people immediately sold about a cazillion Wankels that next year because everyone thought that it would make them a winner. I guess they didn't understand that Justin and Robbie were driving the snot out of them. He also won the GN in 2012 and was not driving the Wankel and I don't remember if it was Chris Seay's BRC or not, I think it was..... I don't think that Chris ever won a GN with the GM.

At the Clay City GN, Eric was the flagman in turn #2 and Brian Able was flagging #4. They had a problem start because Justin would accelerate after the green flag and the other kart could not get up to speed as quickly as Justin. They finally restarted the race after the third try and Justin dominated. They also had a fight in the pits that got some people tossed from the UAS for a year.

O k we are all a bunch of old farts I don't want to beat a dead horse but here is what the front page on the Mag says 07 was Bull Dog Ed Schrieflds,08-09 was Yow, 10 was Gilbert, The only one I know for certain on a wankel was Gilbert . Bob I never mentioned Seay winning the National Championship on the GM . Bob either the Mag is wrong or you got the years mixed up hey no big deal lets all get back to racing later Chuck.

Last edited:
Back