Predator engine numbers and information

Can anyone tell me which of the 212 predators were made in which order? Some have the nylon cam gear with the 196 cc style retainers [RTC -6] and the others that I have - steel cam gear with the automotive style retainers. RTC 4 head. Can you point me in the right direction here?

One additional thing if you will - Is the Hemi still being made? Where can I buy the engine or head?
Thanks in advance.
wanted to buy rtc 6 head pm me please tks

60363 Fresh off the boat . Looks like we got more stickers telling us what not to do..And a new improved exhaust...

yep....mine looked like that...... for a little while!! now it's all apart and sitting on my bench ready for the "improvements"! lol! anybody want a stock gas tnak and exhaust? lol!! pulled the piston and rod...but one thing that I hate, with a passion!!, is that stupid governor gear! dang thing seems like it's welded into the block!!!

yep....mine looked like that...... for a little while!! now it's all apart and sitting on my bench ready for the "improvements"! lol! anybody want a stock gas tnak and exhaust? lol!! pulled the piston and rod...but one thing that I hate, with a passion!!, is that stupid governor gear! dang thing seems like it's welded into the block!!!
M....punch it out and just tap it (and the top hole) w/a 1/4-28 thd....No additional drilling reqd!

mine didn't have "made in America" anywhere on it...but it did have had a couple of "insprected bry #864583923409" and someone scratched "sum ting wong was here" on the inside of the side cover....lol!! actually, the inside looked great....although I have to admit, I found the crank had a few nicks on the counter balance weights that I haven't seen in others....gonna pull the crank tho and double check it....just to make sure!!

just a couple of observations while tearing down the 730 and hemi....the black plastic spacer on the carbs of both engines need a LOT of work!! the spacer appeared like a restrictor using the stock head and carb! definitely needs to be looked at if your using anything other than stock...gonna hit it was a grinder (dremel) and get it matched up better with my S/A carb. found a sharp edge/lip on the head around the circumference of the chamber....gonna hit that too and get rid of it after milling. the 730 head had some really sharp edges on the valve side of the intake and exhaust runners. definitely have to remove those! going to clean the pushrod divots on the rockers to get them smoother. changing out the rockers for some ratio rockers too. looking at the chamber, I don't have anything to measure the cc's on this, but i'm only going to cut the head about 45 tho....that is the most! it's a good clean looking chamber and I don't want to kill this head. gonna have to use some indexing washers on the plug (getting the 3910x) to bring it up so that it doesn't interfere with the piston. the piston on the 363 block was dang near as I can feel, at zero deck! I figure no more than a 20 over rod will bring it close to zero... the bore looks nice and smooth and the rod journal is nice and bright and smooth. just my observations!!

Can someone tell me where to find the model numbers on the Predator motors? And the head number ? I have one that I bought to race at a local track and have only ran a couple of times. I don't need it anymore and want to sell it, but I want to be able to give the model numbers when I list it.

Thanks

You will typically find the model # on the pull-starter decal. If the decal is no longer present....you are probably **it out of luck (so2-speak) unless it might be a '363' or '730'!

look on the back side of the head, just under the bottom lip of the valve cover to see what head you have on it. 69730's iv seen have all had either a JT 117 or RTC-6 head, except one sneaks posted that was a RTC-4 head

i know about the rtc-6, that's the one that i'm working on right now. what is the basic difference between the jt-117 and rtc-4 compared to the rtc-6? i know the 6 has the large valves, but does the 4 have a different chamber design? is the 117, 14cc's stock or does it require massive reworking to get it into race configuration? all i'm looking at is options....which one has the more potential? i love the way the rtc-6 looks and after cutting it .040, it looks like its a ticket to extra power....but time will tell!!

The 117 looks just the the other JT series clone heads, not a single bit difference other than the casting is smoother and shinier like the predator 69730 blocks, similar to honda castings. Stick with thatRTC-6 Mikey, these heads have plenty potential for power, especially in your application

I am running a sealed class using the Predator engine. My engine has the RTC-4 head. Would it be worth buying a newer Predator with the RTC-6 head or are they both pretty close in a stock configuration?

Back