Predator engine numbers and information

I've read all of this but I would like to know if there is any power difference out of the box between the first predators and the newest ones. We run a Predator class where I race. I am sure there are some that run older ones and some run newer ones running. Two of the kids class have to run the governor and one class doesn't. In the adult class all we can do is remove the governor and put on a pipe. Nothing else can be done. Everything is suppose to be stock. So far it seems like a good thing. Just wondering how much diffference there is between the old and the new ones. Thanks

the newer hemi predators will have a pretty obvious advantage over the older style predators and even the newer style 69730 predators like you have bullerman, when your talking about stock for stock. If you have a no touch rule where you can basically only remove governor parts and add a pipe, i would find a hemi

the newer hemi predators will have a pretty obvious advantage over the older style predators and even the newer style 69730 predators like you have bullerman, when your talking about stock for stock. If you have a no touch rule where you can basically only remove governor parts and add a pipe, i would find a hemi
I would think the 'obvious' question here is would the 'officiating' Allow the 'Hemi' in that it simply Looks different? I DO know that if 'I' were too be racing somewhere and somebody else came in with a different 'looking' mouse trap....'I' wud be asking some questions!....IMO

The hemi is not allowed in the Predator sealed class at the track I am running at. I reckon I will try the newer engine with the RTC-6 head. I just hope that in a basically stock engine the head will make a difference.

exactly why one of our local tracks has banned the hemi predators but allowed all other styles of them. The hemi is the odd one out, looks nothing like the rest at all from the valve cover. They need their own class IMO, i cant believe any tracks are allowing them to even run with the other style predators, much less allowing both predators to run with the clones. The clones are pretty close to the 69730 predators as far as performance, but a hemi with the same modifications as a clone is going to kill the clone

The hemi is not allowed in the Predator sealed class at the track I am running at. I reckon I will try the newer engine with the RTC-6 head. I just hope that in a basically stock engine the head will make a difference.

That is your best bet, but put some better valve springs in it if you are allowed, the predators dont have too good of springs from the factory, same as clones

I would definitely use the 730 with the bigger valves...bigger is always better...getting the most fuel/air mix into the chamber as possible si the ticket to building more power. and definitely get some stiffer springs in there....the ones that I pulled out of my 730's wouldn't hold up to anything!! well, maybe cutting the grass at 2500 rpm....

I've seen reports here of varied results. One track allowed the hemi's and said they were about the same because they float the valves at a lower RPM in STOCK form. Obviously if you're allowed to change springs the Hemi would be an advantage.
With the sketchy availability of the Hemi, I'd be apt NOT to allow it though if it were my track.

Not to dig this up from the arcane ages BUT... I was searching for info on the different Predator Engines that were available. I JUST got an engine 2 days ago and it is the 730 part number. It came with a RTC-8 cylinder head. Not sure if anyone is familiar with this version. Yes it's an 8 not a 6. LoL

Is the 60363 a Harbor freight number? Do all hemis use the 210FA block? Is the 210FA the only 212 that will accept 196 cams and was this block used on any other Predator? Thank you

I also would like to know the answer to this question? Is the 60363 block the only one that accepts the 196cc cam?

The 60363 is a harbour freight number for the Hemi, the Hemi is the only Predator that accepts Clone cams... The RTC8 head is the new RTC6 head...

Kind of the story I found to. I just heard other story's from people in other places. I guess I wont panic and rush out to buy a truck load then. Thanks!

I will say that the earlier Hemi heads looked a lot nicer than what I'm seeing now. I have two Hemi heads from early 2014 and the castings look so much cleaner. Plus there is a visable difference in the intake port size. Don't know if others have noticed this downturn in quality.

It's like anything new... It first starts out sweet then as demand goes up the quality goes down to supply the demand...

I just joined here looking for more info about the Predator engine. I found some good info while i was lurking the forum. I looked at our local Harbor Freightfor a Hemi and had zero luck. I ended up going home with a 69730. I checked it out after i unboxed it and found it had the RTC-8 head. I tore it down after running my drift trike around with it to see what this head was all about. Turns out that this is a big valve head with very smooth and flashing free ports. After hearing all the stories of poor castings and even having my 5hp briggs apart, to only find out it is cast like trash i am very impressed. I need to get a flat tip piston for it though.
I did port match the carb spacer to the carb and even transitioned it to match the D shaped intake port on the head. I also had to use my dremel to cut back the gaskets on the spacer and a lot more on the exhaust so they didn't overhang the ports.

Back