Tire battle

Couldn't agree more this is a great post.
Ok so I sell Maxxis for 420.00 a set on black wheels. So by what you’re saying as long as I don’t charge more than normal you say armor Wall is ok?

No one has the right to tell someone what their product is worth, and no one has to buy that product. I guess next we won’t allow black wheels, cause that’s an upgraded cost, no carbon fiber helmets cause such and such has one but joe blow can’t afford one and that’s not fair....

All this sounds so stupid. If you choose to spend the money then so be it. If you choose to not spend the mo way then so be it. It’s not up to the powers to be to decide where we spend our hard earned money.

So this is gonna be part of tech now. Top 3 all have to dismount tires. Hahahahaha
Going to be a long night at the races.

Yes it currently is a part of tech at the tracks that don't allow it . Just have to break the bead on the tire and look for added material in the sidewall area .

I can't find that post. Not good with Facebook. Can someone help

I saw it Don , just had to put SEMO Raceway in the search area and scroll down to like the 4th post or so ! Doesn't seem to be major victory for a place that has only 6 races set in stone !

I can't find that post. Not good with Facebook. Can someone help
copied off face book

Semo Raceway will SUPPORT Kevin Bishops Armor Wall Tires ! As a track owner we want the racers to feel they have a chance against other tire programs! In our eyes altering a tire is altering a tire! I am not going to try to tell or police our racers as to which way they can alter there tires that they pay for with there money and it's there money they support our race track with! So if spending 50.00 or 60.00 a set on armor wall is your option or spending 20.00 or 30.00 a quart for inside prep is your option or buying extra tires and letting them set 6 months is your option or maybe running tires in after the races every week is your option we support it because your supporting us!

I don't know Kevin that well at all. I will say I will not band his product that alters the tire when every trailer in the pits has a tire in it that has been altered from its original state!

Semo Raceway

Tracks seem to be just making the call on if it will be allowed or not , Penns Creek just said no and will be checking from what I interpret, and seems to be a push to not allow it .
Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

When are we going to ban the 500 dollar a weekend tire guy?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

When are we going to ban the 500 dollar a weekend tire guy?

When would you like to see racers not just up and leave kar ting or not get involved at all because of the tire game as it currently is without adding another additional cost ?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that he's the only person that's doing it. That means I have to box up all my tires send them to him pay him a fee to do it and ship them back to me. Now I got shipping in both directions plus the cost of the tire work. Case of rich get richer? poor get poorer? Has anyone considered the liability aspect of putting that Compound on a tire that has already been manufactured for safety?

When would you like to see racers not just up and leave kar ting or not get involved at all because of the tire game as it currently is without adding another additional cost ?
Just sayin it don’t matter what you ban. Some of these teams down south will spend whatever they think it will take to put them up front.
I’ve run shelly’s And snydersville and I never used over 3 sets of tires a year. Now that I am down south I go through that in a month if not less. That’s just what it takes to run up front down here and believe me that’s on a budget. For some that’s not enough for a day.

copied off face book

Semo Raceway will SUPPORT Kevin Bishops Armor Wall Tires ! As a track owner we want the racers to feel they have a chance against other tire programs! In our eyes altering a tire is altering a tire! I am not going to try to tell or police our racers as to which way they can alter there tires that they pay for with there money and it's there money they support our race track with! So if spending 50.00 or 60.00 a set on armor wall is your option or spending 20.00 or 30.00 a quart for inside prep is your option or buying extra tires and letting them set 6 months is your option or maybe running tires in after the races every week is your option we support it because your supporting us!

I don't know Kevin that well at all. I will say I will not band his product that alters the tire when every trailer in the pits has a tire in it that has been altered from its original state!

Semo Raceway
Another track bites the dust!!

Mandate a spec compound, mark the tires. must run tires qualified on, then check with a durometer plus or minus a few points.

What tracks up north are checking tires?

The only announcements so far is BMS Series Keith announced it illegal and will be checking 1st series race was cancelled due to weather so now
1st race is this Sunday at Shellies, Pennscreek just announced it as noted, Until my post in Northeast thread not sure how many other tracks were aware of it they ALL will be aware real soon, Like any thing else you'll NEVER get all 100 % but on this I bet we get 95 % Pa tracks on board.

Rule needs written No altering of tires by adding any type of material including resin hardeners simple as that.

Back