Tire battle

copied off face book

Semo Raceway will SUPPORT Kevin Bishops Armor Wall Tires ! As a track owner we want the racers to feel they have a chance against other tire programs! In our eyes altering a tire is altering a tire! I am not going to try to tell or police our racers as to which way they can alter there tires that they pay for with there money and it's there money they support our race track with! So if spending 50.00 or 60.00 a set on armor wall is your option or spending 20.00 or 30.00 a quart for inside prep is your option or buying extra tires and letting them set 6 months is your option or maybe running tires in after the races every week is your option we support it because your supporting us!

I don't know Kevin that well at all. I will say I will not band his product that alters the tire when every trailer in the pits has a tire in it that has been altered from its original state!

Semo Raceway

Hope this is not a shocker to anyone, I've only been there twice and from what 500 + miles away I could have predicted this response.

Tracks seem to be just making the call on if it will be allowed or not , Penns Creek just said no and will be checking from what I interpret, and seems to be a push to not allow it .

I assure you there will be a hard push here in Pa not to allow it, because I'll be doing most of the pushing.

Why do you feel you HAVE to send your tires to him?
No one has Matt Connels inside prep but no one is banning that.

Racing is racing, racing is not called winning, it’s not called having family fun, it’s called racing.
If winning was easy, everybody would do it.

I’m new to the sport this year with a 5 and 8 year old. I agree completely. Not because we are getting beat but because as a dad when you are getting nagged at by your kids that everyone is faster you make adjustments. When adjustments don’t work you spend money! After initial cost of a two kart outfit and now you have to invest in multiple chemicals just to keep up let alone win it becomes dejecting. Not to me... like you said I can take it and kids have to learn to lose as well but when the get dejected they lose interest and the future is gone. The sport needs to remember not all of us were born to kart families and don’t know all the secrets! It’s hard to get into this sport therefore kart counts are down and it starts with the little ones. How many red plates are at your local track??? I’m going to guess not many. We will take our lumps and learn but a lot of people would love to do this but just can’t afford because of how complicated and expensive it has become. Sounds like another series I know... N@$C@R!

Im a father of 2 boys (11 & 8) and we have been doing this for about 1 1/2 yrs. We have won a few races at the local track but get killed at the big tracks. I work myself to death trying to get the tires where they need to be and miss it a lot. I can see my kids starting to loose interest. But there is no way I (budget racer)can compete with a guy with no budget. With so many preps and tires and ways to prep a tire its all I can do to keep up. I just wish there was another way.................

Im a father of 2 boys (11 & 8) and we have been doing this for about 1 1/2 yrs. We have won a few races at the local track but get killed at the big tracks. I work myself to death trying to get the tires where they need to be and miss it a lot. I can see my kids starting to loose interest. But there is no way I (budget racer)can compete with a guy with no budget. With so many preps and tires and ways to prep a tire its all I can do to keep up. I just wish there was another way.................

Maxxis EL's...last forever and not as much prepping as HT3's

Racing is racing, racing is not called winning, it’s not called having family fun, it’s called racing.

You have to send him the tires because it is NOT a inside prep , it is a process that adds some kind of material to the inside sidewall of the tire to make it stiffer .

EXACTLY! Especially when there is NO claim that this product gives any performance advantage. The goal of the product is to shorten/eliminate cure time so that you can have a competitive tire without having to keep a rotation. I'm not sure some of the PA guys realize this or understand this since cycling isn't quite as paramount as it is here in Maxxis country.

I saw the tire with it in it. I was able to peel a small section away from the sidewall. It made me wonder just how long it would last before it separated and came apart and created a possibility safety issue.

Where does this stuff end, if a new karter has a bent axle or severely bent wheel and doesn't seem to want to change it, this is as much of a safety issue as something inside a tire.

I saw the tire with it in it. I was able to peel a small section away from the sidewall. It made me wonder just how long it would last before it separated and came apart and created a possibility safety issue.

Well maybe you can send the tire back to him again in the event of a total separation and he will do the process again for free !! LMAO .

"Quote" EXACTLY! Especially when there is NO claim that this product gives any performance advantage. There ya go.

Your comparing apples to oranges, No comparison what so ever to inside prep.

EXACTLY! Especially when there is NO claim that this product gives any performance advantage. The goal of the product is to shorten/eliminate cure time so that you can have a competitive tire without having to keep a rotation. I'm not sure some of the PA guys realize this or understand this since cycling isn't quite as paramount as it is here in Maxxis country.

We have a 33 compound only rule here on tracks that bite up well we fully understand cycling tires, anyone that falls for it shortens cure time just got suckered, I got see a sales pitch it gives the same effect as cure time but in NO way can it shorten it, then again it's just a sales pitch to begin with.

Where does this stuff end, if a new karter has a bent axle or severely bent wheel and doesn't seem to want to change it, this is as much of a safety issue as something inside a tire.

If I'm in control of the event and someone gets a severe bent axle or wheel there leaving the race.

I understand your point Ken I just was referencing the safety factor to armor wall coming off the sidewall, I doubt you would even notice. If anyone remembers the days of 2pc rims and what you did to get them to seal I am sure some of that silicon worked it's way loose and no one even knew.

For those of you who are posting just to make a post even though you have no clue what the product is here ya go. From what I saw. There is a mix that looked much like fiberglass resin I used back in the day of repairing corvets and other fiberglass bodies. It is mixed thick so it can be formed into an appropriate 1inch bead that is applied to the lower part of the sidewall. I have yet to figure out what is used to make it Bond to rubber as rubberis one of the most difficult materials to bond to due to flex.

I’m not comparing anything.....

No one is forcing anyone to send him anything. If you don’t want to, don’t.
We all choose where to spend our money. I personally will support my friends in business as long as they are kicking.

Back