Track Tac® - Help Provided - A New Begining

How much drop on duro can expect from the Kryptonite and GK1 blue combination? Will I be able to drop the duro more at a later date after using the Mint as you describe? I'm still trying learn the ropes on the prep and tire business, so please bear with me. I called your office today, but you where not there. I did duro check the tires in question and I got 65ish. I think I need a better explanation than what got today.

The mint will not drop the duro of the tire much, if any. It is mainly a conditioner, but will add bite to the tire when used. You can use the tire tuff original if you dont want the added bite of the mint. If i remember right, the duro drop for GK1 and Kryptonite is around 5-10pts per oz rolled, depending if you use heat or not, dont quote me on that thought because its been awhile since iv used that combination. Call Chris if you cant get in touch with Randy, he will help you anyway he can and knows their products just as well as Randy does. CH3Racing is Chris.

The mint will not drop the duro of the tire much, if any. It is mainly a conditioner, but will add bite to the tire when used. You can use the tire tuff original if you dont want the added bite of the mint. If i remember right, the duro drop for GK1 and Kryptonite is around 5-10pts per oz rolled, depending if you use heat or not, dont quote me on that thought because its been awhile since iv used that combination. Call Chris if you cant get in touch with Randy, he will help you anyway he can and knows their products just as well as Randy does. CH3Racing is Chris.

Thanks with reply. How long do you need to roll with this combination so to be all absorbed by the tires at room temp. I got a roller, but no hotbox and the rims are on the tires.

So I point out what he freely admits on here and in writing and I'm the azz on my high horse? I'm good with that. So we are good if I was to share his chemical composition like he has others? Please don't threaten me with the whole patent thing.

Thanks with reply. How long do you need to roll with this combination so to be all absorbed by the tires at room temp. I got a roller, but no hotbox and the rims are on the tires.

Without heat, if your rolling them mounted, i would do at least 48 hours just to be safe, but i have always done 24 hour rolls without a problem, but i do them with heat most of the time. My rule of thumb, is to roll the tires twice as long if im not using heat. If you have work lights, like the 500w work lights that are square and put out some heat, you can position them a few feet from your tires while they roll and that will give them some heat. I have seen people do this with good luck. You can also make a hotbox using plywood and a couple of cheap $30 heat guns you can get at the hardware store, i made one like this last year, but sold it.

So I point out what he freely admits on here and in writing and I'm the azz on my high horse? I'm good with that. So we are good if I was to share his chemical composition like he has others? Please don't threaten me with the whole patent thing.

feel free to do what you please and share his chemical composition, but dont whine and moan when he analyzes it and sues you for patent infringement. That is what separates Randy and Track Tac from all the other prep salesmen or manufacturers, he took the time,energy and money to patent his products to protect them from things like that, and people like you. It was plainly stated in this thread that they do ANALYZE (SP?) other preps on the market to PROTECT THEIR PATENTS, can you not comprehend that? He has not stolen or copied anything from anyone as far as we know, unless you have some proof of the claims you are making, you should find another forum to get lost in, or make yourself useful and actually help people rather than trying to kick up dirt and start crap. You have to be someone from Pro Blend, i cant see any other reason for you to come on here making the claims you are. You signed up to the site just to make those posts, all 3 of your 3 posts are in this one thread, saying the same thing each time basically.

Basically means he deformulated Hot Lap and put his label on it.

NO, WE DID NOT.

In your profile you list:

About businessasusual

Name
Buddy Elkin

Occupation
ExxonMobil Chemistry

What you list as an occupation is not an occupation.
If it is a typo, please fix it.
If you don't know what is wrong with it, it betrays you as posting a fake profile.

Randy

We never threaten. We follow through, as a few people can attest to.
We also try to be gracious, as the same people can attest to.

As for posting data, please realize, it is already in the public domain.

Randy

Without heat, if your rolling them mounted, i would do at least 48 hours just to be safe, but i have always done 24 hour rolls without a problem, but i do them with heat most of the time. My rule of thumb, is to roll the tires twice as long if im not using heat. If you have work lights, like the 500w work lights that are square and put out some heat, you can position them a few feet from your tires while they roll and that will give them some heat. I have seen people do this with good luck. You can also make a hotbox using plywood and a couple of cheap $30 heat guns you can get at the hardware store, i made one like this last year, but sold it.

Thanks for the reply! That what I was thinking, but need another opinion. I think I'm going to wait for warmer weather so it isn't as expensive to heat shop, been really cold here this winter. I might try setting up some lights like describe in you post above. Racing season doesn't start till middle of April, so have some time yet. Thanks Zach!

Thanks for the reply! That what I was thinking, but need another opinion. I think I'm going to wait for warmer weather so it isn't as expensive to heat shop, been really cold here this winter. I might try setting up some lights like describe in you post above. Racing season doesn't start till middle of April, so have some time yet. Thanks Zach!

Your welcome, glad to help. The sooner you roll them, the better they will be in my opinion. Some people wait until its close to raceday to roll tires, i like to do it a couple weeks or a month in advance, it gives them plenty of time to cure. A properly cured tire with the right prep for track conditions is very hard to beat.

Randy and the guys from Track Tac, keep up the good work, dont let anyone try to tell you that what you do is wrong or anything like that, you do your best to give us racers a good product that works and makes things easier for us, and i think i can speak for many others when i say that it does not go unappreciated! Some people just need to be put in their place once in awhile, sorry for the rant in your thread, i just cant stand people who hide behind a screen or keyboard and spout off random crap like that guy has with absolutely nothing to back those claims.

I want to simplify my tire program and was wondering what could I use on the inside as a base prep. I know there are many that you offer to do this but what is a common inside prep that I could use? I want to kind of narrow my inside preps down and then just wipe the outsides during the week? Can you point me in the right direction please.

Give chris a call and pick his brain, he will get you going in the right direction. CH3Racing is Chris

I want to simplify my tire program and was wondering what could I use on the inside as a base prep. I know there are many that you offer to do this but what is a common inside prep that I could use? I want to kind of narrow my inside preps down and then just wipe the outsides during the week? Can you point me in the right direction please.

SQS is still my favorite prep that we make to use on the inside. You can vary the amount of CC's or ounces on the inside to get different desired durometer readings. Depending on the kind of tracks you are running on will depend on what you need to wipe on the outside during the week.

SQS is still my favorite prep that we make to use on the inside. You can vary the amount of CC's or ounces on the inside to get different desired durometer readings. Depending on the kind of tracks you are running on will depend on what you need to wipe on the outside during the week.

Chris has had great luck with the SQS. I have two favorites.
4 parts Kryptonite and 1 part Tire Tuff Original Brown. This is aggressive, very aggressive.
4 parts SST and 1 part Tire Tuff Original Brown. This is very mild 90 to 120 cc's give a 6 point drop.
All three inside treatments give excellent stretch and recovery to the treated rubber.
Call if you want help and get more information.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Hey Randy or Chris, can the SST5 be used internally? I have been thinking about trying it but am a little hesitant. With spring time racing coming up, i am thinking it would be a good way to add a ton of bite for a low bite track. Mixed 50/50 with acrysol of course, not strait.

Hey Randy or Chris, can the SST5 be used internally? I have been thinking about trying it but am a little hesitant. With spring time racing coming up, i am thinking it would be a good way to add a ton of bite for a low bite track. Mixed 50/50 with acrysol of course, not strait.

Sorry, but the bite component in the Track Tac® SST5-Purple like tire cord more than rubber. It gets to the cord and stops. This is what make Track Tac® SST5-Purple a great outside conditioner but a bad inside treatment.
Inside you can use Track Tac® Tire Tuff Original or a 50/50 mix of Track Tac® GK1-Blue and Track Tac® Tire Tuff Original.
No softening from the straight Track Tac® Tire Tuff Original.
Mild softening if you use the above mix.

It is a waste to use more than 1 to 1.5 oz on the right side (30cc to 45cc)
Once for the life of the tire carcass.
Half or less on the left side tires.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Everyone needs to remember there are so many choices because there are so many parts of the country, dirt, weather, season, tire brand etc.
You can get by with 4 or 5 products in any part of the country but not the same 4 or 5 in every part of the country.
We can always help you pick the correct ones.

We are not the enemy.

If you are back of the pack we will help you to the middle of the pack.

If you are middle pack racer we want to help you move to the top 5.

If you are top 5 but struggling we want to help you to move to top 3 and increase your wins.

There is no magic potion to go from back of the pack to the win in a week or two.

It is all hard work in a well run program.

Hope this helps,
Randy

Back