WAKE UPTrack Promotors

Tell that to the guy at Liberty a few weeks ago that beat everyones in the box stock $500 to win Predator on a 98 trick with 1 set of tires that he bought and mounted at the track that day. Plus the conversation is about local racing, not national.
wounder how it would have played out if it was the time nall and yarborough and so on ran predator there? even though that was the NCDS

Do you actually think that the big guns are going to enter a predator money race with an out of the box engine. They are going to enter for the win. I guarantee you their engine has been sent out for blueprint.
Somebody just needs to make a national rule set. Once that is done, then the class will follow. If the national rules are "out of the box except xyz" then everyone can follow it. The biggest issue to me right now is all the different rules packages. Set the Rules package to allow for the Pipe, Air Filter, Jet, governor, and Spring, and call it a day.

Ok , how about this . Where does the money come from for the big payout in the clone class ?
The promoter is not digging in his pocket to pay out 500 or 1000 dollars .
Hes working on a shoe string now .
It comes from the sponsors and engine builders .
All you need too do , is dig into your pocket put up the sponsor money .
You'll get billing on the flier , announcement on the loudspeaker . Prefered parking the whole ball of wax . With the chance too win as well .
500.00 is enough to bring in a couple hot shots if theres not a better race for them elsewhere . They might even skip one just to take a shot at the money .
These pepole are right once you've made those changes , no going back .

It might be worthwhile to add this.
The reason tracks seem to cater to the larger shops is that those shops will bring along many of the teams that race out of that shop. This can amount to twenty, thirty, or more entries for their race. It's only natural for the promoter to go out of their way for these guys.
It doesn't take many of them to go a long way towards making the event a success.

I will make one last attempt this winter to sit down with three tracks in West Va. to get a program going like up here in Pa. That will make a total of 6 tracks on the same page concerning the rules. I know one of the W Va. tracks is on board for sure. The other two have an interest. They like the fact they can go to other tracks and race the same rules. We have also discussed a series and a crowned champion in some way shape or form. I will keep everyone posted.

Somebody just needs to make a national rule set. Once that is done, then the class will follow. If the national rules are "out of the box except xyz" then everyone can follow it. The biggest issue to me right now is all the different rules packages. Set the Rules package to allow for the Pipe, Air Filter, Jet, governor, and Spring, and call it a day.

Exactly. Everyone likes to tinker. This allows enough tinkering to satisfy but provides sufficient limitations.

The class I'm building my kart for allows this very same approach. It's the #1 reason why I chose it over a 900-1200 Clone engine class.

I

So your a magician also Don? :giggle:
I have done many things in my life but making things appear and disappear isn’t one of them. I have been restoring this javelin for 15 years. Time to get it done. My wife’s car. What’s that tell ya lol

this the same thing over and over and over...imo, its not the engine choice, the set of rules, how much the class pays...ITS ALL ABOUT THE TRACKS NOT HAVING SUFFICIENT POST RACE TECH, OR ANY KIND OF TECH FOR THAT MATTER, AND/OR THE UNWILLINGNSS TO BOOT SOMEBODY FOR FEAR OF LOSING FUTURE KARTS/PIT PASSES....i have attended countless tracks where in both the kids and adult classes, you go across the scale and thats the end of it...even if somebody wins by a half lap or more...it will never happen, but if it was my track and anyone won by a half lap or more, their motor would be in pieces in the tech area...guaranteed that will get the full attention of all racers in the class that MAYBE, just MAYBE, you better think twice about trying any shenanigans....jmo....

I think alot of people would be ok with the bigger guys racing predator. Running against people like Cody, Keister, Brown, Missy to name a few local would just make you have to learn to be faster (drive better). People could learn a lot by following drivers like around the track and not have to buy a $1200 motor to do it
good point ,, just don't pay big money if it's a points race

Exactly. Everyone likes to tinker. This allows enough tinkering to satisfy but provides sufficient limitations.

The class I'm building my kart for allows this very same approach. It's the #1 reason why I chose it over a 900-1200 Clone engine class.

I

If you want to tinker, go race a mod class. Box stock should mean BOX STOCK. Remove the low oil sensor only, and add a chain guard and go race. Parity isn't as important as the illusion / impression of parity. Somebody will always do their homework better, but getting close fields and wins by .3 sec. is a whole lot better then the usual. And there should be a rule that PRO can't run the class unless they line up scratch and use a track-supplied box stock engine. :)

Random Idea:
Track buys a pallet of motors. Entry into the first race is $135 (or whatever cost of motor is)

After sign up you put on your chain guard, throttle connection and disconnect oil sensor, etc.

When you leave the track they number and impound the motor.

Entry fee for the class is $20 all year and for points only. (Covers insurance, points and transponder)

End of the season you leave the awards ceremony with your rewards and your motor.

The max to win is and should be 50 dollars but the track can have a bigger race for them to show they appreciate the racers support ...bigger race could be 50 to win 45 second place ...40 ...35 ...30 ..25...etc. maybe let top 5 draw to pill to get additional prize oil ...chain lube ...tires...who knows ...point is class is supposed to be cheap and a starting point to get into racing and it has worked so if you want to race for 500 or 1000 to win then upgrade to a different motor and realize that those who compete for wins in those races spend 5 times that in motors and tires and chassis just to have a chance to win ... and to address the one who thinks if someone wins by a half a track they must have an illegal motor doesn't know much about racing... it's not horsepower it's the right tire at the right time ... I have watched the best here in central pa win by that amount and I know they dont need illegal motor to do it

Keep the big dogs out of it. Run stock shoe clutches, and put a claimer rule on the engine. Like $125.00 for a Predator, and $180.00 for the Ducar motor. If anyone in the race can afford to claim a engine, then maybe they will stay closer to the rules.

Back