Who is RJ Saylor?

Want to know who R.J. Saylor is? Here...hear it from his own mouth.

Personally, I struggle to think of many people in the racing industry whose integrity is less in question.
Exactly, very respectable engine builder who values his integrity. It amazes me someone would call someone's integrity into question and not even know who they are talking about. It is as easy as picking up the phone and talking to the engine builder. No need to make outlandish statements. Most of the time when you think you're getting beat by engine you're not!

Exactly, very respectable engine builder who values his integrity. It amazes me someone would call someone's integrity into question and not even know who they are talking about. It is as easy as picking up the phone and talking to the engine builder. No need to make outlandish statements. Most of the time when you think you're getting beat by engine you're not!
I've addressed exactly what you said, many many times. It amazes me that you're still wondering..

If RJ was a cheater, would he tell me over the phone? C'mon now. I trust his integrity. Now.

We have beat the people we were questioning, I never once complained about them beating us or about RJ for that matter.

I hate, and was trying to address $500 stock engines and claiming, being such a sticky topic.

Anyone able to tell me what hes doing to "stock" predator 212's for like 300 bucks I've heard?
$300 is not unreasonable for the time involved to insure that the motor is up to standards. If folks are willing to pay it, well, that's none of my business, that's just what he charges.

$300 is not unreasonable for the time involved to insure that the motor is up to standards. If folks are willing to pay it, well, that's none of my business, that's just what he charges.
Not unreasonable, BUT the claimer rule should be set to "out the door" harbor freight prices, IMO. And instead of people getting sad, and thinking straight to me accusing of cheating, maybe I just want a "$300" engine for 180 bucks.

If they are willing to pay it, and im "willing" to claim it, why all the friction?...it seems

I've heard a few people spending around $500. Thats the engine I really want to claim. And the reason I started this thread. To raise awareness.

****for anyone who followed this and wondered what drug I was on.

None lol

The kid we were racing had a 50 pound disadvantage. We always ran 100%. Every race.

We could and have beat them in a lot of heat races.

They were much slower, than when it came to features.

Crew chief always checked the tach.

I am fully convinced the engine was turned down for heat races and they had extra rpms for the feature.

It was pretty obvious. Pretty, very obvious.

Did RJ make it capable to do that or did they?

Thank you for the answer bobs community.

Not unreasonable, BUT the claimer rule should be set to "out the door" harbor freight prices, IMO. And instead of people getting sad, and thinking straight to me accusing of cheating, maybe I just want a "$300" engine for 180 bucks.

If they are willing to pay it, and im "willing" to claim it, why all the friction?...it seems

I've heard a few people spending around $500. Thats the engine I really want to claim. And the reason I started this thread. To raise awareness.
Claim needs to be what ever HF charges for it.
If a track does away with the claim, and has a builder at the track selling "prepped" engines, you can bet the track/tech guy/builder are in cahoots together

****for anyone who followed this and wondered what drug I was on.

None lol

The kid we were racing had a 50 pound disadvantage. We always ran 100%. Every race.

We could and have beat them in a lot of heat races.

They were much slower, than when it came to features.

Crew chief always checked the tach.

I am fully convinced the engine was turned down for heat races and they had extra rpms for the feature.

It was pretty obvious. Pretty, very obvious.

Did RJ make it capable to do that or did they?

Thank you for the answer bobs community.
I got no skin in this game, but what I do have is experience in the entire game and can provide some insight, RJ nor anyone with the other team made the engine capable to be turned down for the heats VS the features, Either the engine is legal or it's not, unless they simply adjusted the throttle stop accordingly, or simply slowed it with gearing combo way off from normal.
Most all tracks go through changing conditions as the night goes on and that causes a big swing in tires and prep from heats to features, So possibly they just have not figured everything out yet what is needed for heat races.
Or could be what I used to do with my nephews once they figured out how to drive a properly set up kart on good tires but still needed to figure out how to race, I would purposely slow them down by maybe air pressure changes way off, wrong tires, so they were forced to learn how to race.
The more you convince yourself it's all engine the more you'll end up holding yourself back with trying to up your game.
Good Luck !!

We have $3500 karts, $400 clutches, and $500 sets of tires, yet demand $180 motors. :)

There have been unwritten rules and gentleman's agreements around claim rules since as far back as I remember (and I'm pretty old). Someone can claim a motor, but prepare to get unpopular with the guy you claimed and all his friends, because the main unwritten rule is "Don't claim anyone's motor".

IMO, it sounds like you've got it covered because you're running with them, the 50 lbs is suspect but different folks have different levels of things that they're OK with.
Shucks, I never thought we'd see the day where governors were required and we still called it racing.

BTW, I never knew who RJ Saylor was until this thread.

I got no skin in this game, but what I do have is experience in the entire game and can provide some insight, RJ nor anyone with the other team made the engine capable to be turned down for the heats VS the features, Either the engine is legal or it's not, unless they simply adjusted the throttle stop accordingly, or simply slowed it with gearing combo way off from normal.
Most all tracks go through changing conditions as the night goes on and that causes a big swing in tires and prep from heats to features, So possibly they just have not figured everything out yet what is needed for heat races.
Or could be what I used to do with my nephews once they figured out how to drive a properly set up kart on good tires but still needed to figure out how to race, I would purposely slow them down by maybe air pressure changes way off, wrong tires, so they were forced to learn how to race.
The more you convince yourself it's all engine the more you'll end up holding yourself back with trying to up your game.
Good Luck !!
Amazing advice. Thank you. If my theory is correct, they were turning it down with the set screw. They could still make the 5500 rpm rule, but could twist past the 46-4800. We were geared the same and they could pull far away, 50 pounds heavy.

Our kart cost 700, clutch was just over 100, and we've only had 1 set of new burris, ever.

We have 6 heat race wins too, our first full year and finished 2nd out of 12 in a 12 race season.

That's what justified running predators, our budget, given our experience.

I know racing is expensive for most normal people, regardless. But if thats all it was, I wouldnt even be here.

We never wanted to claim for that reason exactly. Making everyone mad, especially when you claim the track officials, good friends.

BTW, I never knew who RJ Saylor was until this thread.
[/QUOTE]

Im glad to hear that. I really am working hard on not letting my personal negative thoughts, pour over into the community and make things worse.
I see issues, dont fully understand how they came about, because we are new, and we want to help, not hurt the sport.

RJ seems awesome, just for his community support everyone has shown on here.
I hope business is through the roof, just not for stock predators! Lol but the more he is building, the more people we have to race!

Our kart cost 700, clutch was just over 100, and we've only had 1 set of new burris, ever.
We have 6 heat race wins too, our first full year and finished 2nd out of 12 in a 12 race season.
That's what justified running predators, our budget, given our experience.
I know racing is expensive for most normal people, regardless. But if thats all it was, I wouldnt even be here.
We never wanted to claim for that reason exactly. Making everyone mad, especially when you claim the track officials, good friends.
Sounds like you've got it a little more than covered. :)
A bit more experience, some fine tuning, and a few good tires for specific track conditions-- and your competitors will be grumbling about you being too fast.

Sounds like you've got it a little more than covered. :)
A bit more experience, some fine tuning, and a few good tires for specific track conditions-- and your competitors will be grumbling about you being too fast.
Our team/ family appreciates your kind comment. Thank you. We love kart racing to say the least and we are extremely grateful for every lap, especially the good ones. Hope you have a great day!

Newer team, wanting to know what all the hype is about RJ Saylor (who seems well respected) and his Predators where we race. Anyone able to tell me what hes doing to "stock" predator 212's for like 300 bucks I've heard? We seem to keep up with them, but I want to know if he has a cheater package everyone is buying up that I dont know about. Want to implement and start to utilize the claimer rule, but dont want to waste time. Thank you in advance. Feel free to message me. Dont want to hurt feelings!

(This is not the easiest thing to research, there isnt much online and I dont do social media)
Thanks again!
He will not cheat great guy and he’s honest if your getting beat by the other karts it’s because of handling I understand the frustration but that’s just kart racing and it’s half the fun trying to figure things out.

Lobby the track to go to Ducar with the Dynocams rule package and protest rule. That way if you want to see an engine there it is.

Well sorry flattop1 cause after I have stumbled upon and read this thread with much laughter a few of you got it we got him with tires and no not an RJ Saylor motor i tried helping him like many of you and ill help him again TIRES TIRES TIRES if you want help let me know and if you think my motors special I’ll donate it to your program and three right side sets Burris 33a

Back