Yamaha Rules at Daytona

Steve brings up another issue kinda. The guys who can get down to wka stock legal weights will pretty much run away from all the fat old guys who are the only ones left racing these things. If you actually succeed in having a class the top kart guys are going to put young light bullets in the seat. The core vintage old timers that fought to have a series will get run off. Then poof dead again

Tim that's why I said that 350 is awful light. We run a 360 stock weight and SAs have to weigh 390. That allows the overweight and just big guys to be much closer to weight. If your a big oboy like myself go with a SA. I am 6" 3" and weigh about 205lb so there is no way of making 350lb limit. With this type of setup everyone is very close to their weights unless your way overweight.

Tim that's why I said that 350 is awful light. We run a 360 stock weight and SAs have to weigh 390. That allows the overweight and just big guys to be much closer to weight. If your a big oboy like myself go with a SA. I am 6" 3" and weigh about 205lb so there is no way of making 350lb limit. With this type of setup everyone is very close to their weights unless your way overweight.

Well straying away from the topic of the thread, this is why I'm setting the weight for the Florida AllStar Outlaw class's at a light weight for the 100cc piston port stock at 330lbs looking to draw young guys to try and whoop up on the old guys. Then setting the 100cc piston port SA non strokers at 360lbs. . There's nothing I can do for the real big guys anyhow. But at least the heavier guys can use the extra power to kinda compete with the kids. Then the limited mods same as the 100cc stock 330lbs and the open animals and open clones they can race at 360lbs also. just leaves a flat plane and not a whole bunch of special rules.

Tim I can understand the bringing in new racers. There are also many of them that will have a hard time making 330lb thats really light. Its easy to add some lead in the places to use it as an advantage to make the chassis work. You might consider a little heaver package. I understand if a guy is just big or way overweight that is a problem in kart racing, nothing can be done for. But to help keep everyone wanting to race and as even a playing feild as possible you should consider something like 350 stock and 380 SA or at least 340-370. My sone is 6' 160 and he has to add about 30-35lb to make 350, which is easy to do and helps his setup. Thats what so great about the combined kts is big ol boys can still compete pretty good at these weights if they run a SA. Just my opinon

We really need to stop referring to a SA class, because that included the stroker engines that ruined the class as it was 20 yrs. back, there needs to be another name , maybe like S.S.?, or Stock Stroke Modified?

Ok Jack i think thats a good idea and me being a GM guy i really like SS thats been their trademark emblem. Super Stock sounds great to a bowtie guy maybee not blue oval guys though.LOL

Like I said earlier. My KT wedge body APEX with an axle clutch came acrossed the scales last year at Daytona at 308lbs in UAS.

The kart weighed 158lbs. Ttown, if you were in my kart you would come acrossed the scaled at 363lbs. That is a very comforble weight to come acrosse the scales for WKA Yamaha @ 350lbs. A KT kart that finished in the top 5 this year at Daytona weight in at 153lbs and had a 175lb guy driving it and had 70lbs of lead on the kart. I'm pretty sure Hoppy and Justin know exactilly who's kart it was. You sure it just isn't your kart that is overweight just like Hoppy's kart? There is no reason you should ever be over 370lbs ever. You need to look at the whole package

My son weights 220 and he came acrossed the scales at the world 100 at 378 all weekend and turned the fastest lap of the weekend of all the pros. Tim can attest to that.

In this thread, what I am talking about is Daytona rules(and my son every chance I get). The deal Tim is talking about is like the "JR Allstars" I tried to get Hotdog to do about 10 years. It's a great idea and right on target. He wants to take a kid about 100-150lbs and put them in a 160-170lb kart. Through 30-70lbs of lead on the kart and introduce them to the UAS way of life. I don't think the class is meant for the 6'3" 205lb man. A guy that size really needs to build 250-450 UAS. That is what that class is for.

PS. I kind of like the POS Yamaha class. It kind of has a ring to it. LOL!!!

Now thats some funny * South, POS Yammi might be a hit if you can get a rapper to do it. With their stuff anything is possible. But I kinda like Jack Bs idea me being more of a country kinda listner. LOL

I weighed in at 358 in my stock Yamaha. I had to put on extra weight when I went to the moded Yamaha. I only weigh 200lbs. But I have all my bolts drilled out and any necessary weight removed. Just my kart is 152lbs. If I drop the soda and sweets I can be down to 185 in about 3 weeks.

Yeah but Tim is talking 330lb thats a 160lb kart and a 170lb driver max to make weight for a stocker. I guess thats alright for the young guys but will drive all the older heavy weights and big ol boys to the SS engines. I say 340lb and 370 will give everyone a better playing field but thats JMO. I still like the dual formate it will create a much larger field. And as seen in the last Daytona race the 30lb weight diff seems to be real close for the two types of engines, excluding my SS builds. LOL I almost damaged my arm patting myself on the back!!! Awsome deal Youall got going down there hope we can get Jarred ORT to follow suite and get some kts to show up for the UAS venues, howed Youall like the OKIE I threw in there. Get ehre done

Yeah but Tim is talking 330lb thats a 160lb kart and a 170lb driver max to make weight for a stocker. I guess thats alright for the young guys but will drive all the older heavy weights and big ol boys to the SS engines. I say 340lb and 370 will give everyone a better playing field but thats JMO. I still like the dual formate it will create a much larger field. And as seen in the last Daytona race the 30lb weight diff seems to be real close for the two types of engines, excluding my SS builds. LOL I almost damaged my arm patting myself on the back!!! Awsome deal Youall got going down there hope we can get Jarred ORT to follow suite and get some kts to show up for the UAS venues, howed Youall like the OKIE I threw in there. Get ehre done

I'm not worried about getting the fat old guys , they already show up. The 330lbs is to draw the young guys into the outlaw class, or even some skinny old guys lol. There's no need to lead a support class down trying to achieve some non achievable fairness. The SS yamaha's are right on the boarder of being able to run to the next level. Any body wanting to race a stroker KT might as well sign up under the allstars. All the reed engines are plenty fast enough to race the AllStar class. So that leaves just the modified's and piston port engines. If we get 4-5 Kt's add in a couple open clones and animals and maybe 3-4 limited mods that's a pretty good night or at least it would be a great start. With some numbers it may catch on.

Andrew HotDog had a KT100 support class back in the FKA days nobody showed up. He waisted his time and effort, so he canned it. If I get the same result with the outlaw's I'll keep the series on the schedule this year and dump it next year. It's all up to those who want to race.

Yah Tim. Hotdog tried that about 4-5 years after I tried to get him to do it. He tried in 2007. I think I ran one of his races in Jasper. That was already after WKA had discoutinued all of the 2cycle classes. And he did it with Yamahas only. I tried to get him to do JR Allstars with 2cycle and 4cycle.

Back when WKA discontinued 2cycle the management of WKA wasn't interested in 2cycle due the all of the 4cycle influence from Briggs and Stratton. They had 24 4cycle classes and 2 2cycle classes. WKA didnt "need" 2cycles.

The new management of WKA has been willing to give the Yamaha class another shot. There are plenty of legal WKA Yamahas out there that would come if we could make it a level playing field for all. The only way to do that is have one motor rule and one weight. That way everybody is equal.

If a 190lb guy can't make weight @ 350lbs than he is not doing everything that he can do to their kart to make weight. And for the guy that says that a WKA Yamaha is a turd and it needs to have a big bore piston, ported and alky to make it go. We already have a class for those. UAS

I'm sorry I ever voiced my opinion on the class. It was just words of wisdom to make Yamahas survive at Daytona . Carry on....

Back