Yamaha Rules at Daytona

South your a funny guy in a pathetic way of thinking. You are a perfect example of someone with the LITTLE MAN syndrome. You must dominate and intimidate everyone, and those that don't bow to your wishes you try and humiliate to make yourself feel like a real man. You have personally attacked everyone on here that has not agreed with what you've said. You are always talking about the POS Yamahas because you don't like them for what ever reason. But I must remember that you are nothing more than a glorified TIRE MONKEY incapable of knowing which end of the tools to use that you stated above. We talk about karts and you must constantly bring up your modified car to try and impress everyone and make yourself feel important.. I believe Jon Brogden and I conversed extensively on the POS Yamaha build I did in my living room between the coon hounds and the fresh kill my wife was gutting on the floor that's how we do it in OKLA. I believe Jon is also working on a POS YAMAHA build that he is doing in his BATHROOM there a little more classy down south. As Tim and Jon have both stated the asphalt and dirt series are totally different animals. Sports car racers don't want any dirt on their tires because that means they ran off track. They barely consider dirt tracking a form of racing, so how can anyone compare the two types of racing. Just because they use the same type of engine is irrelevant. The Yamaha is cheaper than the other type of engines in their series, like TAG and shifter karts any a lot of them don't want to run clones. If you are so determined to have the stock yamahas only why don't you promote it. You being such a wealthy man you could afford to put up the sponser money required to get people to buy professionally built 1800$ stock Yamahas. That shouldn't be a problem for a man of your status. A thousand a race to win should get the turnouts you have been talking about. Of course me being the dumb a$$ you have called me I could be wrong. Wka at 350LB is also a joke many people cannot make that even if their not overweight. Iam6'4" and weigh 210lb with about 7% body fat I cannot make it and I didn't have any whoppers before racing. That's no problem for you being a little shrimp, but it would give the much needed advantage over a lot of other people you obviously want.

Andrew the sprint series is completely different than the dirt series. the Money involved in the sprint series dwarfs the dirt series it always has. The WKA yamaha dirt class in its hay day was nothing compared to the sprint series then or even now. Oh and by the way the dirt series event over all drew more entry's than the over all sprint did. The sprint series is in decline.
Like Mr Brogden says put the purse money up, then the class has a chance. Just complaining on bobs blaiming every body else does nothing.

Tim,

905 on the pavement.

838 on the dirt.

And to be far about it. There were 2 series on the pavement and there were 4 series running on the dirt. WKA, Tri-State, FCKL, and the UAS.

Not to mention all the money races on the dirt and no money races on the pavement.

If you will read the 350$ I was talking about was in parts. I also said I have Gary Woltjer do my cylinder boring and my crank work when it time for a rebuild. He charges me 75$ for a crank and 50$ for a bore. And what are you talking about the first jab, you have been boxing everyone that disagrees with you.

If you will read the 350$ I was talking about was in parts. I also said I have Gary Woltjer do my cylinder boring and my crank work when it time for a rebuild. He charges me 75$ for a crank and 50$ for a bore. And what are you talking about the first jab, you have been boxing everyone that disagrees with you.

The first jab was thrown on post 108 from you with your disrespectfully childesh name call. We were all having a civil discussion of opinions and then you had to start call names. That must be fat man syndrome!!! Like I said. You want to jab dumbass. We all can call each other names all day long. And now you want to start with your little man syndrome discribtion of me because you can't get your point acrossed.

You are a piece of work!!!

Tim,

905 on the pavement.

838 on the dirt.

And to be far about it. There were 2 series on the pavement and there were 4 series running on the dirt. WKA, Tri-State, FCKL, and the UAS.

Not to mention all the money races on the dirt and no money races on the pavement.

Being there and hearing the announcer compliment the dirt series event as out numbering the sprint this year is where I got my info. I didn't assemble any numbers. As far as smoke screen I think your doing a little more of that than I. I talked with Mr Barker at Daytona, he's in charge of the TS racing involvement. He also stated the sprint numbers were way off. Now as to the Yamaha class like I said I don't care a hoot about the yamaha class or the SA engine packages. Too me those are stepping stones in sprint to bigger dreams by those who use them and in dirt they have always been left over sprint engines just converted to dirt. They are slow and mind numbing. Guys have fun racing them and that's great. I have fun going to the local rental track and driving the junk they rent.

This thread has a easy solution. It's agreed on by you and the rest of the guys who raced the yamaha class. Call wka ask for the old stock kt100 class, then go find some sponsor help some tech help and promote away. you'll get maybe 20 next year give or take.

A stock blue printed engine won't make any more hp than a 500.00 pos off ebay. If they both meet the wka rules one won't out run the other on dirt. Dirt being the equalizer. It's just fact. you know it I know it. I've bought kt100's that were 3rd shelf engines from sprint racers, they have brought their top shelf woljer, lukatis, ect engines and my 3rd shelf engines won 2 straight championships against them. it's all smoke and mirrors. This thread has just gone into a who's blaming who for some thing no one wants. That's the bottom line.

So now your $350 motor cost....

Buy one online=$350-$500

Buy parts= $350

Send to motor builder to have machine work done. $250-$400

Get it back and spend 4 hrs assembling it and breaking it in=$200

Plus shipping= $40 each way=$80

So now you got between $1230- $1530 in a old rebuilt POS.

And you think I am crazy spending $1700 on a brand new blueprinted WKA Yamaha and I did not have to turn a bolt.

You guys have a hard time with the dollars and the math up there I think.

PS. The dollar sign goes in front of the amount.

Got to go. Practice at 3 and we are the 3rd class out.

See ya

Being there and hearing the announcer compliment the dirt series event as out numbering the sprint this year is where I got my info. I didn't assemble any numbers. As far as smoke screen I think your doing a little more of that than I. I talked with Mr Barker at Daytona, he's in charge of the TS racing involvement. He also stated the sprint numbers were way off. Now as to the Yamaha class like I said I don't care a hoot about the yamaha class or the SA engine packages. Too me those are stepping stones in sprint to bigger dreams by those who use them and in dirt they have always been left over sprint engines just converted to dirt. They are slow and mind numbing. Guys have fun racing them and that's great. I have fun going to the local rental track and driving the junk they rent.

This thread has a easy solution. It's agreed on by you and the rest of the guys who raced the yamaha class. Call wka ask for the old stock kt100 class, then go find some sponsor help some tech help and promote away. you'll get maybe 20 next year give or take.

A stock blue printed engine won't make any more hp than a 500.00 pos off ebay. If they both meet the wka rules one won't out run the other on dirt. Dirt being the equalizer. It's just fact. you know it I know it. I've bought kt100's that were 3rd shelf engines from sprint racers, they have brought their top shelf woljer, lukatis, ect engines and my 3rd shelf engines won 2 straight championships against them. it's all smoke and mirrors. This thread has just gone into a who's blaming who for some thing no one wants. That's the bottom line.

Tim. I'm not smoke screening anything.

Get rid if the POS Yamaha and run WKA Yamaha. Period

Agreed Tim the funny thing is many of us are very passionate for the engines we started racing with, Yamahas. It is just a shame we all want the same thing to rejuvenate the yammi. We just cant all agree on anyway of doing it. Some of Souths points are valid as are mine. But as I said before its all about the money, everything about the almighty dollar. That's why the clowns have taken over the masses cheap form of racing and much more affordable. Tires, tire treatments and fuel and chassis and engines, starters, tachs, stands, some way to haul them. That's a lot of cash to put up for a hobby for a lot of people. That's why a lot of us tried to cut expenses with the SAs. They make more hp to which is even more adrenalin. Is that why we have the opens in the UAS more adrenalin, its sure not the money we make racing. I am thru with all the fussing just want to be a positive input in things I really care about. Tim you have the right idea let all the yammia run and tec them all. Now all that needs to be done is get thru all the fussing on weights. If that cannot be done to everyones satisfaction which I believe is probably true, run 2 different classes as you stated earlier. Your are not ever going to be able to please everyone, some people are never happy period.

Your the one with math problems $400 stocker $50 cylinder, $75 dollars crank, $350 on parts, assembly and breakin $0, $40 shipping. Let me see if I can remember my nots and gazedas. Thats a grand total of $915 including buying stocker. For the people that already have a stocker its about $475. Far from your estimate and almost half of what it cost for your type of stocker with lots more hp and fun factor. I will not be instigated into fussing with ya anymore I see there is absolutely no way of reasoning with you at all. Your way is all that matters. I see why the others have also given up except Tim. Your pull facts out of context and try and twist everything to work towards your only goal (stockers only). good luck with this project your gonna need it unless you do what was stated before promote it and sponser it.

Your the one with math problems $400 stocker $50 cylinder, $75 dollars crank, $350 on stocker, assembly and breakin $0, $40 shipping. Let me see if I can remember my nots and gazedas. Thats a grand total of $915. Far from your estimate and almost half of what it cost for your type of stocker with lots more hp and fun factor.

So a guy like you that can do it their self and cut all corners can make it happen for as little as $915. And a guy like me and most of us that don't WANT to build a motor will be have to buy one from an engine builder for as little as about $1230 for a used rebuilt POS to compete.

Yep. That is pretty much what will kill the Yamaha class. And then there were none.

I'm guessin you decided to quit calling names and jabbing?

Well, a reed jet is about $500, used. It will smoke just about any St yamaha. If you are going to start something, why not start it with a high quality unit. Do a combustion volume check and a displacement check and be done with it.
Mike

:cool::cool:
. Yes there are very valid points you are making about the rules. So with that, I would say get busy. Make it happen. Do something about it. Get involved. Make a change. Call WKA. PROMOTE AND RUN THIS EVENT. All you have to do is contact WKA and make it happen.At the same time, find some vendors/sponsors/manufactures to become pasionate about the Yamaha on dirt again. You build it, lets see it happen. The Yamaha racers are waiting,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey South isn't that still a lot cheaper than the cost of the stocker, even for the guys that don't want to do their own work $1250? Plus you get the addition of around 6-10 more hp to raise the pluse rate.

x2 this tread has been drag on. Why done you few guys settle all this back and forth on the track. Make a date and you will be surpise how MANY KARTERS will show up.

Wow it has been over 7 minutes and it has gotten quiet. I might have to offer to buy the winner motor for what they have spent on the innners parts.

Hey South isn't that still a lot cheaper than the cost of the stocker, even for the guys that don't want to do their own work $1250? Plus you get the addition of around 6-10 more hp to raise the pluse rate.

If you could all the guys that now own WKA Yamaha's now to swap over but I just don't see that happening.

Sorry GH. I will try to keep up. But I am a little busy now.

2-4Hp buy one of the top blueprinters like Comet, Woltjer, lukatis ,Claussen. Many of the local kart shops do good work they just cant quite make the hp #s these guys do. On a engine making 16-20hp, 2-4 is an enormous amount. That's why these guys get so much for their builds. To have 19or 20 when your competator has 16 is a big edge even on dirt. The other point is their rebuilds are very expensive to. They get the big money cause they make the big #s and their engines win. Most of the top blueprinters are also into sprint asphalt racing, that's where the money at not dirt. The sprinters are willing to pay that much because of the asperations of being a Nascar or Indy guy. I know Gary woltjer sells most of his engines to the juniors

I just don't see it I had a kart shop stocker I borrowed and I was able to hang close with some of the SA motors hard to be leave they had 3-4 over me
And I know I was the best stocker
Can't see where a $1800 stocker will be that much better on dirt then any blue print

You must have really had it dialed in and maybe you hp#s weren't that far off. That just shows that the weight #s were pretty close. Cause a well built SA is capable of producing around 24-28hp on alky.

Back