Are Predators killing the clone?

I'm having just as much fun as any clone racer and we are just as fast as the flatheads we raced for so many years. I also think winning a race with 12-15 other racers is a lot more impressive than beating 2-3 other people. the current trend around here seems to the the racer not interested in the additional costs associated with 8 mph. I've seen many a good clone racer loose in the predator class. Even Donnie Nall races a predator from time to time

We run a bigger track than most karts. We are on a 1/8 mile high banked track so power doesn’t hurt as bad. We also only run one class of adult karts all set to a minimum weight. A few weeks ago the guy that ran his clone with the predators started a half lap down. He was on the back stretch when the green flag dropped. A few laps in he was right behind the third place kart. He backed off so he didn’t mess up the finish for the regular karts. On a caution he held back again to a half a lap behind when the green dropped and again caught up. He was way more than a couple of seconds faster. On the small kart tracks power can hurt. My daughter regularly runs her clone flat kart in the outlaw and backyard classes against the wedge karts. They jump way ahead of her on the start but the power kills them in the corners. She always finishes in the top 3 and has had a few feature wins.
I do like that the races are closer and a lot more competitive with the slow predator Hoosier combination. I wish it were true at our track that the class brings more karts in.

We run a bigger track than most karts. We are on a 1/8 mile high banked track so power doesn’t hurt as bad. We also only run one class of adult karts all set to a minimum weight. A few weeks ago the guy that ran his clone with the predators started a half lap down. He was on the back stretch when the green flag dropped. A few laps in he was right behind the third place kart. He backed off so he didn’t mess up the finish for the regular karts. On a caution he held back again to a half a lap behind when the green dropped and again caught up. He was way more than a couple of seconds faster. On the small kart tracks power can hurt. My daughter regularly runs her clone flat kart in the outlaw and backyard classes against the wedge karts. They jump way ahead of her on the start but the power kills them in the corners. She always finishes in the top 3 and has had a few feature wins.
I do like that the races are closer and a lot more competitive with the slow predator Hoosier combination. I wish it were true at our track that the class brings more karts in.
1/8, bigger than most karts run?
There isn't a track that small in an 2 hour radius of us, most are 1/6 and bigger

I should step it off sometime for measurement. The track website advertised it as 1/8 Mile but they also say it is 1/5 mile. All I know for sure is the other tracks we travel to could fit in the infield of our weekly track. Several times a year we have drivers travel to run a night with us, they all say it is bigger than a typical go kart track.
either way I have mixed feelings on the predator racing. It is cheaper and more competitive racing but it is slower racing.

compared to Legends, Late Models, Sprints, every form of Nascar, Midgets, Indy cars, GNC motorcycles and the Honda Fit my mom drives. KARTS ARE SL:OW. people talking up the clones power and speed need to think about it a little more

1/8, bigger than most karts run?
There isn't a track that small in an 2 hour radius of us, most are 1/6 and bigger
I was parked next to some people from PA and they were telling me Ashway was the biggest track they had ever seen.

I was parked next to some people from PA and they were telling me Ashway was the biggest track they had ever seen.
Too bad "The Dump" and Beechnut are gone, they would of freaked out.
Last track I remember being that small was Lick creek

compared to Legends, Late Models, Sprints, every form of Nascar, Midgets, Indy cars, GNC motorcycles and the Honda Fit my mom drives. KARTS ARE SL:OW. people talking up the clones power and speed need to think about it a little more
Ehhh, not true. Ask Evan Seay, Fastest kart out there. 80 MPH plus down south. Scale speed on a Kart is why so many people race'em. You ever been right at 70 MPH on a dirt kart? I have, youll prolly think about your post when you do... By the way I was on a Clone at close to 70 MPH. Not a 2 stroke..

my moms fit will do 100+ . weighs over 2500 lbs has two lounge seats and a small sofa in the back I can put 5 people in it. your still not impressing me with your 14 hp rocket ship

my moms fit will do 100+ . weighs over 2500 lbs has two lounge seats and a small sofa in the back I can put 5 people in it. your still not impressing me with your 14 hp rocket ship
Geez. My bad, if you wanna go 100 MPH in a Honda Fit by all means have at it. Just saying by scale speed, and cost per race and such karting is a good deal. I mean Scott Bloomquist races Late Models at #2200 ( unless at Eldora then always light :) ) ... But a Late Model as you speak of will run ya 'bout $50,000 for the Engine alone, $8000 on a shock package, could go on to also go 100+ MPH on Dirt.. WIll a Fit do that??

Geez. My bad, if you wanna go 100 MPH in a Honda Fit by all means have at it. Just saying by scale speed, and cost per race and such karting is a good deal. I mean Scott Bloomquist races Late Models at #2200 ( unless at Eldora then always light :) ) ... But a Late Model as you speak of will run ya 'bout $50,000 for the Engine alone, $8000 on a shock package, could go on to also go 100+ MPH on Dirt.. WIll a Fit do that??
Bloomer is sick so he hasn't been running.
50k? We lease from Vic Hill but yeah super engines can run that much, 10 Integras + all the goodies and a smasher 8k is easy lol

Bloomer is sick so he hasn't been running.
50k? We lease from Vic Hill but yeah super engines can run that much, 10 Integras + all the goodies and a smasher 8k is easy lol
Yeah Bloomer is on the mends, Nick Hoffman ran his stuff at Fairbairy.. Just Poking fun at how Bloomquist was light on the scales at Eldora after winning The Dream I believe.

I love karting, don't wish or look to race anything else. I have always looked up to people like Barrett Terry (local hero)and the like. but when you are dogging a class that's just as fast as the old flathead (Don't see many people complaining about their speed) are you really an ambassador for the sport? 60 or (doubtfully) 70 mph from a clone is far from ludicrous speed

I love karting, don't wish or look to race anything else. I have always looked up to people like Barrett Terry (local hero)and the like. but when you are dogging a class that's just as fast as the old flathead (Don't see many people complaining about their speed) are you really an ambassador for the sport? 60 or (doubtfully) 70 mph from a clone is far from ludicrous speed
I havent bashed nothing.. I race the Out of Box Predator also. I dont run the AKRA clone stuff. I mainly run Stock Appearing, Flatheads, and Predators.. And I only race for fun, dont care about money winnings, I have a good job for that.. And yes I love karting also. I just sponsored a race last weekend actaully. I have 7 karts in my shop Sooooo....

Also, anyone that knows me personally or has race with me knows I will help in any way. I dont sell parts out of my trailer but have enough parts for multiple karts. I have Given away Throttle Rods, Clutch Drivers, Gold on Gold chains, even Lead to keep peeps on the track where I race.. Have a good weekend Sir...

Predators will fade out. There's not such thing as a true "OTB Predator" in the Southeast now. The guys who are running have cheated up predators, which completely defeats the purpose. They pay the same for a predator as a clone. The clones are just more competitive because that's where most the serious guys run who aren't cheating.

I havent bashed nothing.. I race the Out of Box Predator also. I dont run the AKRA clone stuff. I mainly run Stock Appearing, Flatheads, and Predators.. And I only race for fun, dont care about money winnings, I have a good job for that.. And yes I love karting also. I just sponsored a race last weekend actaully. I have 7 karts in my shop Sooooo....
im calling out all the people saying the predator class is boring and slow.

Predators will fade out. There's not such thing as a true "OTB Predator" in the Southeast now. The guys who are running have cheated up predators, which completely defeats the purpose. They pay the same for a predator as a clone. The clones are just more competitive because that's where most the serious guys run who aren't cheating.
Man I hope the bring one of those around here, be fun to claim it for 150

im calling out all the people saying the predator class is boring and slow.
I get it, and thats cool.. But if people arent cheating their Predators its still a Fun class with close racing. My engine and the 3 other guys that race with me are all TRUE OUT OF BOX. No cheating nothing. But the racing is still Fun because we are on the same Race pace, so to speak. Now addresing the Close to 70 MPH it Was on a Clone at Atomic Speedway south of Chillicothe Ohio. Fastest 3/8 Mile track in the country for them Late Models and such. Check it out, we raced Karts on the track at 68.4 MPH...

Back