Does stagger depend on driving style

More nose weight would make loose in worse and would cause me to go lower on rear stagger I'm thinking...and I'm not having any issues with turning in or getting out of corner not sure why increase in nose weight will require less rear stagger?
I didnt say anything about stagger, just saying theres more speed on the table, how you choose to use this info is up to you.
Theres lots, who have won the biggest races in the country, who was above 47 on nose. Its about getting the "correct" numbers, then getting the tires to work to its full potential. Your daytime numbers look good all except for nose.
The stagger thing, IMO, local racing most wont even know or feel any difference with an 1/8" change. So lots of folks may be little less or more than others.
Some like a kart a bit looser while others like a slight push.

I'm talking about a 1/4 inch and more of rear stagger difference....I also agree that 47 nose weight is not un heard of ....I was simply saying in my situation I would be loose on entry if I increase ...it was as much of a question as a statement

Heck I appreciate your input...trust me I have been asking around and want the input ...most cant understand the why it is this way some have said being able to run the least amount of stagger and still be able to corner is a good thing but I was just trying to understand why it works for me ...race promoter has alot of knowledge on all this and he has watched me race and doesn't notice anything i do differently but yet getting through corner on lower stagger doesn't cause me corner problems or exit problems...and I have tried higher rear stagger and I become to loose on entry
you have another problem if a stagger change causes you to be loose on entry, the effects of stagger dont go to work until apex.

you have another problem if a stagger change causes you to be loose on entry, the effects of stagger dont go to work until apex.
Were aware of that just like we are aware of normal numbers for a triton, however stagger with the lower nose % is the best adjustments to make it handle and maintain decent speed, a few years back he bought a slack even though they were proven winners at our tracks we run, we knew the magic numbers, were usually real close on tires, we never could get the loose in out of it and he hated it ended up selling it.
We've had the conversations with that low of nose it should at best be slight push in then with the low stagger same on exit, however it enters good and maintains good corner speed.

.I also agree that 47 nose weight is not un heard of ....I was simply saying in my situation I would be loose on entry if I increase

No reply except to say the above info is very interesting and i'm going to back off on here needing to thunk on it.

thanks I hope my bs didn't screw things up and out of here for now.

paul

I will also say that at king of clay ...very small track trying what was a normal rear stagger for there 1.5 kart spun like a top before I hit the apex ....dropped to 1 3/16 and was good no other changes

Quick question.

Did you all have any problem at all with bicycling a little or a lot on the tight track which you also fixed and maybe forgot about.

I'm guessing the answer will be a no, but asking anyway. ... :)

Quick question.

Did you all have any problem at all with bicycling a little or a lot on the tight track which you also fixed and maybe forgot about.

I'm guessing the answer will be a no, but asking anyway. ... :)
You guessed right NO we didn't and neither did anyone else, Dirt gripped up better than most expected but not that well.

I will also say that at king of clay ...very small track trying what was a normal rear stagger for there 1.5 kart spun like a top before I hit the apex ....dropped to 1 3/16 and was good no other changes
with just the stagger change you changed cross, camber, how much weight the lr see's and a few other things, changing "just stagger" changes more than that

caster seems high, and anytime you get more than a 2 degree split it will loosen on entry
Ok more than 2 degrees loosens on entry (which I'm not thinking you are wrong) but most say loose on entry is an overloaded rf or an under loaded rr ...isn't the added caster helping me on both of those issues? Or am I thinking wrong? What does putting set screw in left rear bearing do ? Will it change anything on this?Just separate question

The correct answer IMHO based on the following is:

Speaking about the LR tire an increase in stagger will do one of two things depending on your ability to place weight on it for grip. It will either free up the LR or it will tighten up the LR, again all depending on your ability to put weight/grip to it.

Second if you loose grip at the LR you will get loose and spin out because if setup anyway near correct your speed depends on using the LR and the RR by itself can not hold the back end in.

Because of the above you must be running over all with less weight on the LR. That's it end of story.

... almost... Unless your still with just as much weight on track on the LR as the others. If that's the case then you must also have better ability to turn up front or you would push. If that's not the case and your running less on track weight on the LR, then you don't need the additional turning ability and it IMHO will allow you to also use less nose weight.

... maybe???? ... :)

400ft racing groove with close 40 ft turn radius.
"40 foot turn radius"? That makes the track 80 feet wide on the inside? Doesn't sound like all that tiny a track!
Ideally, if I could get the number of feet between the inside line of the straightaways, and the distance from there to the left side of rear tire, I could calculate this a little closer.
In any case, even with a 40 foot radius, I calculate a lot more stagger.

Al, you have the numbers what does your spread sheet offer for stagger needed?

Not getting on your case i'm interested is what it offers.

I'm guessing others are too.

"40 foot turn radius"? That makes the track 80 feet wide on the inside? Doesn't sound like all that tiny a track!
Ideally, if I could get the number of feet between the inside line of the straightaways, and the distance from there to the left side of rear tire, I could calculate this a little closer.
In any case, even with a 40 foot radius, I calculate a lot more stagger.
No 20 or 25 feet from inside edge to inside edge I'm guessing it was small and very tight..and if you are asking what my rear width is it is 39 inches

Back