If you quit Karting, what would you do....

I heard this years ago after a particularly HOT week at the IKF Sprint Kart Nationals.
Someone asked this guy what he was going to next? he replied," I am going to sell ALL the karts and parts for 10 cents on the dollar, throw in another $50 and by a 747 and take up flying."
kinda funny but true.

that was my laugh of the week, thank you.

I started working as a flagger when I stopped, its not as great as being out on the track but getting paid to be at the track is a pretty cool thing!

Focusing more on college and working my way through college the hard way. Quit karting and sold all of my equipment early last year, and I regret it every time I see a kart. I do like seeing the outlaw karts at Millbridge in NC though, they haul...Might have to get me one when I am done with school and have a good job!

I spent $2200 on a new set of Taylor Mades about a year ago when dad died and I thought I was done with racing. I have used them twice. Problem is doesn't matter what I'm doing my dad is still on my mind. So back to racing it is.

Frankie

I spent $2200 on a new set of Taylor Mades about a year ago when dad died and I thought I was done with racing. I have used them twice. Problem is doesn't matter what I'm doing my dad is still on my mind. So back to racing it is.

Frankie

I read Taylor Mades and it took me back to the 50"s and the TM's back then. ... but I googled it and... Golf.. that's cool and a good addiction to feed. ... :)

hummmmm... golf?

My name is Bob. I have been kart free for 6 years. I still break out in a cold sweat when I smell burning methanol. The thought of a green flag dropping makes my adrenaline spike. I just bought my 10 yo son his first kart with the intention of easing him into it this summer. I am terrified. I have no credit card balance. I only need a few things. I don't need an enclosed trailer right? and one set of tires should be good right? They have spare parts at the track so I don't need spare everythings right? sigh :(

Frankie

How Clearly I hear that! Lucky 4me, my Dad loved 'both'. The key too Golf (as well) is the friends and the camaraderie and i've always viewed them both as working hand-too-hand....'Focus and Execution'! :)

My name is Bob. I have been kart free for 6 years. I still break out in a cold sweat when I smell burning methanol. The thought of a green flag dropping makes my adrenaline spike. I just bought my 10 yo son his first kart with the intention of easing him into it this summer. I am terrified. I have no credit card balance. I only need a few things. I don't need an enclosed trailer right? and one set of tires should be good right? They have spare parts at the track so I don't need spare everythings right? sigh :(
I hate 2B the barrier of bad-tiddings, but...Think (GOLF) .. :)

We bought a boat (for our "spare" time - right.) Doesn't matter if we're fishing or cruising...just getting away from the pressures and stress of every day life. Boating/fishing is almost as much of an addiction as racing, (but you don't tear up as much.) :)

Back